Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billys Boots

You're going to have some craic telling a Dutchman what you think he needs.   :D
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Shrewdness

As i posted on the United manager thread last night, he wants to bring in 5 with him, whereas the club want at least Giggs, and ideally the class of '92 involved. This issue may well be what is holding up an announcement. Interesting to see where Van der Sar describes Van Gaal as the best manager he has played for. Take note Fergie.

Minder

Quote from: Shrewdness on April 29, 2014, 04:36:59 PM
As i posted on the United manager thread last night, he wants to bring in 5 with him, whereas the club want at least Giggs, and ideally the class of '92 involved. This issue may well be what is holding up an announcement. Interesting to see where Van der Sar describes Van Gaal as the best manager he has played for. Take note Fergie.

Van Gaal is right to not want Giggs, results start going against him there will be calls for Giggs to be given the job
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minder on April 29, 2014, 07:15:27 PM
Quote from: Shrewdness on April 29, 2014, 04:36:59 PM

Van Gaal is right to not want Giggs, results start going against him there will be calls for Giggs to be given the job

I agree, there will be plenty of time for Giggsy to find his feet with another club if he sees management as the next step, I'm sure he'll command a lot of respect and has a serious record behind him to back it up, though others like him (Keane) who have had a glittering career haven't hit the heights.........yet ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Obvious

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 28, 2014, 01:04:54 AM
Lots of strong contenders for goalkeeper this year. DeGea every bit as good as Cech I thought though the clanger against Sunderland in league cup prob fresh in peoples minds at voting time.

Speroni,Howard and DeGea all played better than Cech this season. The wrong choice by the PFA as was selecting Kompany instead of John Terry.

nrico2006

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 29, 2014, 08:38:04 PM
Lots of strong contenders for goalkeeper this year. DeGea every bit as good as Cech I thought though the clanger against Sunderland in league cup prob fresh in peoples minds at voting time.

Speroni,Howard and DeGea all played better than Cech this season. The wrong choice by the PFA as was selecting Kompany instead of John Terry.

De Gea should have been keeper and Terry should have been in CB instead of Kompany.  Steven Gerrard shouldn't have made the team either.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

EC Unique

EC Unique

magpie seanie

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 30, 2014, 08:39:33 AM

De Gea should have been keeper and Terry should have been in CB instead of Kompany.  Steven Gerrard shouldn't have made the team either.

Agree.

Saffrongael

So their peers are wrong ?
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

AZOffaly

I see Evra voted for Suarez in the Player of the Year voting. Fair play to him it has to be said. I'm sure that wasn't easy for him to do.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Saffrongael on April 30, 2014, 10:23:05 AM

So their peers are wrong ?

Their collated opinions differ from mine. Relax the kacks.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 30, 2014, 10:02:23 AM

Agree.

while i agree Terry has had a much better season than Kompany, Im not sure how you would justify leaving Gerrard out.  :-\
I would probably have went for Marshall ahead of Cech, but Degea  has had a good season also
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

NAG1

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 30, 2014, 10:34:25 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on April 30, 2014, 10:02:23 AM

Agree.

while i agree Terry has had a much better season than Kompany, Im not sure how you would justify leaving Gerrard out.  :-\
I would probably have went for Marshall ahead of Cech, but Degea  has had a good season also

Depends what position he got selected for in the team, not that it matters now like, but if there was a midfield position for picking the ball up off the centre halfs and not moving much then he should get it hands down, if not then he shouldnt.