Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

Big gamble on Giggs today, 20/1 into as short as 4/1 second favourite. Probably due to him having Fergusons support, winning easily and now Rooney has stated he should get the job. The longer they go without appointing a new manager the more this romantic idea will grow legs. I think it would be too big of a gamble after the Moyes debacle but it can't be ruled out.

J OGorman

Wonder has Giggsy come up for air to watch MOTD?

magpie seanie

Quote from: yellowcard on April 26, 2014, 07:52:03 PM
Big gamble on Giggs today, 20/1 into as short as 4/1 second favourite. Probably due to him having Fergusons support, winning easily and now Rooney has stated he should get the job. The longer they go without appointing a new manager the more this romantic idea will grow legs. I think it would be too big of a gamble after the Moyes debacle but it can't be ruled out.

Ryan Gigg is is a United legend but this notion that he should be given the job permanently is bonkers. Ferguson would want to shut the fcuk up at this stage. Thanks for all you did as manager but stop picking managers - you're not good at it. Giggs might go on to be a fantastic manager but it's simply impossible to know if he will and after the disastrous Moyes era stability and certainty is needed. It has to be Van Gaal or someone with a proven track track record to minimise the chances of continued failure.

Good win today after an iffy start. The penalty was obviously a huge help and United played some good stuff in the second half. The attacking talent is there. Norwich couldn't expose the weaker areas today.

orangeman

Van Gaal, Kluivert and Giggsy seems to be the deal.

magpie seanie

No United player of PFA team of the year for first time since 1990 according to MOTD2.

magpie seanie

Lots of strong contenders for goalkeeper this year. DeGea every bit as good as Cech I thought though the clanger against Sunderland in league cup prob fresh in peoples minds at voting time.

stiffler

Marshall/mannone both very good shouts for keeper of the year.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

nrico2006

Unbelievable the amount of Liverpool posters on the United thread.  I rarely would go near the Liverpool thread, especially given the amount of whinging that is probably going on today given their celebrations of winning the league the past few weeks.  Class that it was Stevie Me who has lost them the title.  Can see them dropping more points against Palace.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 28, 2014, 08:43:14 AM
Unbelievable the amount of Liverpool posters on the United thread.  I rarely would go near the Liverpool thread, especially given the amount of whinging that is probably going on today given their celebrations of winning the league the past few weeks.  Class that it was Stevie Me who has lost them the title.  Can see them dropping more points against Palace.

Do you see what you've done here??  ;D

EC Unique

Looks the part anyway! Lol

blewuporstuffed

Why?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Minder

Jeez Nrico you chewing the lemons again ?!
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Shrewdness

If Van Gaal gets the job, seems like he will be turning to Germany to do his transfer business, if certain people can be believed. Apart from the usual names of Kroos and Reus, a couple of left back's names have surfaced. Sead Kolasinac of Schalke and Ricardo Rodriguez of Wolfsburg.. A name more tentatively mentioned, but mentioned nonetheless, is Mario Mandzukic of Bayern Munich..At this stage imo, if Van Gaal is the choice, it's time to get it done. If they have someone else still in mind, that's a different matter.

EC Unique

Quote from: Shrewdness on April 29, 2014, 03:11:22 PM
If Van Gaal gets the job, seems like he will be turning to Germany to do his transfer business, if certain people can be believed. Apart from the usual names of Kroos and Reus, a couple of left back's names have surfaced. Sead Kolasinac of Schalke and Ricardo Rodriguez of Wolfsburg.. A name more tentatively mentioned, but mentioned nonetheless, is Mario Mandzukic of Bayern Munich..At this stage imo, if Van Gaal is the choice, it's time to get it done. If they have someone else still in mind, that's a different matter.

Stories going about today that Utd want him to have Giggs as No2 where as he wants to bring his own.