More Thuggery on the GAA field

Started by agorm, January 23, 2012, 06:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: ONeill on February 01, 2012, 09:23:58 PM
Doesn't pay to do the softly softly approach.

I presume you mean in the media. There wasn't too much softly softly Sunday week :)

Nally Stand

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

lenny

Quote from: Nally Stand on February 01, 2012, 09:34:29 PM
F***in ridiculous

True. If it had happened in tyrone the county board probably would have given both teams a 50 euro fine or something strict like that.

Nally Stand

Quote from: lenny on February 01, 2012, 09:38:47 PM
F***in ridiculous

True. If it had happened in tyrone the county board probably would have given both teams a 50 euro fine or something strict like that.

Do impart your wisdom then....which four of Derrytresk's outfield players deserved their bans, and why?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

ONeill

I think Derrytresk would have accepted it if all who jumped the fence, for the offence of jumping the fence, were banned. Instead, they have pinpointed players who happened to be dandering about.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

AZOffaly

Do you know which players got banned, and for how long? Did 11 and 15 get suspended? They're the only starters I could see in danger.

barelegs

Can someone please tell me why Kevin Campbell the Derrytresk no.3 was banned. What did he do?

Jinxy

Both teams should take their punishment and move on.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

tyronefan

except only one team really got punished

orangeman

Quote from: Jinxy on February 01, 2012, 10:03:05 PM

This is hardly likely.

orangeman

Quote from: Jinxy on February 01, 2012, 10:03:05 PM

Derrytresk avoid expulsion from All-Ireland Junior Club final
Derrytresk have avoided expulsion from the All-Ireland Junior Club Football Championship final after the violent clashes which marred their semi-final win over Dromid Pearses.

Eight players from the Tyrone club have been banned however, four of whom started the match, and another four substitutes.

Three Dromid players have received bans and both clubs have been fined.

Derrytresk officials have indicated that they are likely to appeal.

Derrytresk, who were fined 5000 euros, will face Galway side Clonbur in the decider at Croke Park on 12 February.

Dromid Pearses were fined 2000 euros for their part in the fracas at Portlaoise, in which several people were injured.

The length of the bans have not yet been revealed.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Nally Stand on February 01, 2012, 09:53:03 PM
Quote from: lenny on February 01, 2012, 09:38:47 PM
F***in ridiculous

Do impart your wisdom then....which four of Derrytresk's outfield players deserved their bans, and why?

Well??

Jinxy

Quote from: tyronefan on February 01, 2012, 10:08:19 PM
except only one team really got punished

Yeah, the team whose subs and fans piled in.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

ONeill

Quote from: barelegs on February 01, 2012, 10:02:06 PM
Can someone please tell me why Kevin Campbell the Derrytresk no.3 was banned. What did he do?

The no.3. You tell me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUmKAV0y6Yg

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

orangeman

Quote from: ONeill on February 01, 2012, 10:14:35 PM
Quote from: barelegs on February 01, 2012, 10:02:06 PM

The no.3. You tell me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUmKAV0y6Yg

This I cannot understand either.