More Thuggery on the GAA field

Started by agorm, January 23, 2012, 06:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerry

teamtalkmag.com can tonight confirm that Derrytresk have been dealt a devastating blow ahead of Sunday weeks All Ireland Junior Football Championship final in Croke Park.

Four of the starting team and four substitutes have received bans that will see them miss the All Ireland Final on 12th February. In addition to this the club have been fined 5000 euro by the CCCC.

The word coming from Kerry is that Dromid have had three players suspended, one for 5 months, and have been hit with a 2000 euro fine.

It goes without saying that the Derrytresk club have begun the process of appealing the bans handed down to them. While it is hoped that the appeal process is successful for the players it doesn't take away from the fact that it leaves the club and players with huge uncertainty as they attempt to make preparations for the final.

Everyone at Teamtalkmag.com wish the club every success with the upcoming appeal and hope that those involved in the process will look beyond the media hysteria generated by those who should know better.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

lenny

Quote from: gerry on February 01, 2012, 08:47:44 PM
teamtalkmag.com can tonight confirm that Derrytresk have been dealt a devastating blow ahead of Sunday weeks All Ireland Junior Football Championship final in Croke Park.

Four of the starting team and four substitutes have received bans that will see them miss the All Ireland Final on 12th February. In addition to this the club have been fined 5000 euro by the CCCC.

The word coming from Kerry is that Dromid have had three players suspended, one for 5 months, and have been hit with a 2000 euro fine.

It goes without saying that the Derrytresk club have begun the process of appealing the bans handed down to them. While it is hoped that the appeal process is successful for the players it doesn't take away from the fact that it leaves the club and players with huge uncertainty as they attempt to make preparations for the final.

Everyone at Teamtalkmag.com wish the club every success with the upcoming appeal and hope that those involved in the process will look beyond the media hysteria generated by those who should know better.

That punishment is fairly light. They should accept it and get on with it. If they do appeal the appeal needs to be sorted out quickly cos its not fair if guilty players are allowed to play in the final.

Carmen Stateside

8 players? There was about two punches thrown in the whole thing.  It's all down to the bad losers from Kerry!

AZOffaly

I don't think that is fully correct. I think Dromid only had 2 players suspended, and while one of them got 7 months in suspensions, they are 3 separate instances of 2 months, 2 months and 3 months, all to run concurrently, so a 3 month suspension in total. The other Dromid man got 2 months.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Check out Egypt lads ......................puts it all into prospective eh............handbags

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 01, 2012, 09:04:19 PM

I don't think that is fully correct. I think Dromid only had 2 players suspended, and while one of them got 7 months in suspensions, they are 3 separate instances of 2 months, 2 months and 3 months, all to run concurrently, so a 3 month suspension in total. The other Dromid man got 2 months.

Never seen or heard tell of this before.  So for three different offenses he gets three months!  Strange!

AZOffaly

ONeill

Absolutely scandalous and when you find out who they are and watch the video again you'll be scratching your head.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear ón Srath Bán

They've done their level best to ensure that Derrytresk lose the final, and that will be their undoing I'd say. Don't know how they can suspend 4 of the Hill men, but only 2 of Dromid's; it stinks of yielding to populist pressure for blood.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

AZOffaly

How long are the suspensions for? I'm presuming the Subs got heavier than the starters? I'd imagine #11 got it, and maybe #15 as well out of the starters, but I didn;t think Derrytresk's starters were that much in the wrong.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 01, 2012, 09:16:10 PM
They've done their level best to ensure that Derrytresk lose the final, and that will be their undoing I'd say. Don't know how they can suspend 4 of the Hill men, but only 2 of Dromid's; it stinks of yielding to populist pressure for blood.

I am puzzled over the 4 starters from Derrytresk, but not the 4 subs. At least that.

orangeman

Rough justice for Derrytresk given how other instances of indiscipline have been dealt with locally and beyond.

GalwayBayBoy

Derrytresk were always going to get more suspended once their subs lepped over the advertising hoardings en masse like it was Beechers Brook on National day.

No mentors suspended though? I can think of one very lucky man.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on February 01, 2012, 09:21:11 PM
Derrytresk were always going to get more suspended once their subs lepped over the advertising hoardings en masse like it was Beechers Brook on National day.

So you think that players that wouldn't have been suspended otherwise, should be suspended because subs jumped the fence?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ONeill

Doesn't pay to do the softly softly approach.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.