More Thuggery on the GAA field

Started by agorm, January 23, 2012, 06:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Quote from: ONeill on January 28, 2012, 12:17:30 PM
GAA have a big fight on their hands

Last week's violent scenes at the All-Ireland junior club football semi-final are just the latest manifestation of a recurring problem that the association finds hard to eradicate, writes KEITH DUGGAN

IT HAS been a rough few months for Declan O'Sullivan. Not only was the Kerry stylist wrongly highlighted as the chief culprit in the seconds that led to Dublin's game-turning All-Ireland final goal last September, he found himself the subject of debate on Joe Duffy's Liveline on Monday afternoon.

Paul Galvin won't like that.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

armaghniac

QuotePaul Galvin won't like that.
:D
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

donelli

Hearing there won't be much of a panel left for their final in Derrytresk

orangeman

Quote from: donelli on February 01, 2012, 01:52:01 AM
Hearing there won't be much of a panel left for their final in Derrytresk

Subs gone ?

You only need 15 to win a match.

Samuel James

Just found this board. Have watched some clips of this event and quite honestly am astounded by the negative publicity. I've seen bigger skirmishes at Scarva on the 13th. No doubt the powers that be within the association will wield the big stick  at a small club as is their wont.
My point of reference is always Semplegate where Clare and Cork hurlers cut five colours of you know what out of each other before the ball was thrown in. No calls here for teams to be thrown out of the competition or long suspensions. As far as I can recall the longest suspension was four weeks. Move on and get a grip.
With regard to the handbag incident. I would advise the owner to take out insurance on the offending accessory. I can envisage a situation in some years from now this item will surface at a charity auction and the then President of the GAA will purchase it for donation to the GAA museum.

AZOffaly

Without wishing to reopen this thread Samuel, I think you'll find most people would be of the same opinion as yourself if it wasn't for the subs and supporters getting involved in the row. Semplegate was players flaking each other, and they got suspended. But at least they were players. When outside agencies get involved all bets are off.

Main Street

Subs, supporters  and ........ Clipboard man.

AZOffaly

Suspensions are out on the Dromid side. Any word from Derrytresk?

eddie d

Quote from: HiMucker on January 27, 2012, 05:35:03 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on January 27, 2012, 04:59:56 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on January 27, 2012, 04:35:58 PM
Quote from: HiMucker on January 27, 2012, 03:54:47 PM
What super powers would Clipboardman have ??

He can throw his clipboard very accurately from distance like that big Japanese lad that was always after James Bond.
The clipboard also has a waterproof cover although I'm not sure if that's strictly a super power.

That's outrageous. OddJob was Hawai'an.
In derry that means a child

lol true, in da city it sounds lik wine

clarshack

i've heard the hill have been hit hard - player wise.

HiMucker

Quote from: clarshack on February 01, 2012, 05:02:09 PM
i've heard the hill have been hit hard - player wise.
Aye but thats for hitting dromid hard

Keane

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 01, 2012, 03:13:59 PM
Suspensions are out on the Dromid side. Any word from Derrytresk?

Any link for that? Can't see anything :(

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

BennyHarp

That was never a square ball!!

Fear ón Srath Bán

4 starting players, and 4 subs with a €5K fine, whilst Dromid had 3 players suspended (1 for 5 months), and a €2K fine.

All the makings of a protracted appeal I'd say.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...