Drugs in UK sports....

Started by muppet, June 09, 2015, 01:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bridgegael

British track cyclist caught taking PEDs,  no name yet.  Could be just the start
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

bennydorano

Simon Yates, road cyclist for a right while now, tested positive at Paris-Nice. Him & his brother both cycle with Orica Green Edge. His da is Sean, relatively famous Brit cyclist of the Kelly era, worked for Sky too.

gallsman

Quote from: bennydorano on April 29, 2016, 07:38:10 AM
http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/racing/orica-greenedge-take-responsibility-simon-yates-positive-test-223054?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social#3JCoXP7QftqYpDek.99

Innocent enough sounding incident. No doubt Kimmage would agree with me😇

That's the problem, they're all "innocent enough sounding". The TUE system is a joke and easily abused.

Clov

Quote from: bennydorano on April 28, 2016, 11:49:32 PM
Simon Yates, road cyclist for a right while now, tested positive at Paris-Nice. Him & his brother both cycle with Orica Green Edge. His da is Sean, relatively famous Brit cyclist of the Kelly era, worked for Sky too.

They're unrelated to Sean Yates i think (who seemingly had to leave his job at team sky due to his doping past)
"One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshit"

imtommygunn

Then why did they ever give him the job in the first place though.

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

bennydorano

Forcibly retire all Asthmatics then chaps??

Think this is innocent tbh, never seen a team do a Mea Culpa like that before. Orica would be well thought of too, the likes of Astana or Katusha would have been laughed out of the room.

gallsman

Quote from: bennydorano on April 29, 2016, 03:23:50 PM

Think this is innocent tbh, never seen a team do a Mea Culpa like that before. Orica would be well thought of too, the likes of Astana or Katusha would have been laughed out of the room.

You're coming across very defensive on this Benny - you lament the fact that nobody gives cycling a chance any more and then when something like this happens you're trying to sweep it under the carpet. The team have admitted it was the very first time it was administered to him, which is plenty suspicious in its own right given how they're parading his "well documented history of asthma".

If cycling fans can just brush it off as easily as you appear to be doing, then it's no wonder "outsiders" still see the sport as a joke with too man people willing to have the wool pulled over their eyes.

johnneycool

Most (not all) people develop asthma in their youth, so there should be Doctors notes to support their claim. I'd be surprised at professional athletes getting astma in their prime so to speak.

rosnarun

Shouldnt affect his career too much. if irish rugby is used as a guide, indeed he could be on TV as an 'Expert' in no time
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

bennydorano

Quote from: gallsman on April 29, 2016, 03:42:37 PM

You're coming across very defensive on this Benny - you lament the fact that nobody gives cycling a chance any more and then when something like this happens you're trying to sweep it under the carpet. The team have admitted it was the very first time it was administered to him, which is plenty suspicious in its own right given how they're parading his "well documented history of asthma".

If cycling fans can just brush it off as easily as you appear to be doing, then it's no wonder "outsiders" still see the sport as a joke with too man people willing to have the wool pulled over their eyes.
Defensive because I dont jump on the 'dopers' bandwagon? Default cycnicism sickens my hole. Holy jaysus did u read the post that started this little run? "British track cyclist caught taking PEDs,  no name yet.  Could be just the start" - that's what cycling has to deal with. Am I being defensive by pointing out the actual facts & offering an informed opinion??