More Thuggery on the GAA field

Started by agorm, January 23, 2012, 06:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

1) Trust me totally. He wasn't.

2) As others have said on this thread and tried it, yes it can be done. O'Sullivan's arm hasn't been touched.

3) It takes a split second to throw a punch. It takes a second to respond.

I know the above is 100% correct. What this episode tells me is that you learn more about some posters on here and their judgement. I've noticed the more circumspect have remained quiet or dismissed the accusations.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Jinxy

If the youtube clip was the GAA equivalent of the Zapruder tape, the Declan O'Sullivan photo is now the GAA equivalent of the Roswell alien pictures.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Jinxy on February 09, 2012, 10:32:29 PM
If the youtube clip was the GAA equivalent of the Zapruder tape, the Declan O'Sullivan photo is now the GAA equivalent of the Roswell alien pictures.

Unless Declan O'Sullivan submits a stiffly worded letter to the Irish Times tomorrow, denying all culpability, we can safely assume that it'll be more a case of 'Ah well' than Roswell.  :P
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on February 09, 2012, 10:28:01 PM

2) As others have said on this thread and tried it, yes it can be done. O'Sullivan's arm hasn't been touched.

I know the above is 100% correct. What this episode tells me is that you learn more about some posters on here and their judgement. I've noticed the more circumspect have remained quiet or dismissed the accusations.

Can I ask you, are you as certain as you realistically can be that it is genuine?
MWWSI 2017

Jinxy

Nally Stand

Quote from: Nally Stand on February 09, 2012, 05:11:21 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on February 09, 2012, 04:57:36 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on February 09, 2012, 04:32:00 PM
And can anybody explain what the Dessytresk fella is up to? Did Derrytresk's Photoshop man get him to pull that pose after training yesterday so they could photograph it and place him in the shot or does he just have a bad back and always walk like that?

Anybody?

Nobody?

Somebody!!! There's plenty of you budding conspiracy theorists here. Some of you shed some light here!

Photoshopped  ::)
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

AZOffaly

If we accept that this was a real photo, and to be honest I am inclined to, what is the purpose of it being released now? That's what I'd like to know. Throughout this Declan O'Sullivan has never opened his mouth to anyone, and there were a lot of punches thrown that day. Some of them from the video were cowardly altogether.

Is the purpose of this to a) Somehow help their own appeal. b) Say, belatedly, 'look, the Kerry boys threw punches as well', or c) To try and get him suspended (presumably) for 8 weeks given the other penalties.

I'm just curious here, as it seems a strange time to release the image. And I know there are other images floating around from both camps that have not been released.

If their rationale is a) Then I can't see it happening. b) I could understand, but it sort of nullifies the whole outcry over Dromid and their PR machine, c) Seems spiteful at this stage, unless they feel he should have been suspended, and the CCC ignored them.

Anyone know? O'Neill you seem to have the inside track up there :D

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 09, 2012, 10:18:31 PM
Can you get your arm into that position with your shoulders like that? How so?

Nonsense. Try swinging your arm with full force and speed with your feet fixed without it ending up in a position like that: impossible.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ONeill

Muppet - there's always the chance a photoshop effort has taken place and a digital camera has taken a photo of that photoshopped effort on the same camera that took the other photos from the game at around the same time.

imtommygunn

Quote from: ONeill on February 09, 2012, 10:28:01 PM

That photo ain't right in my view.

Different people can have different opinions so if someone's opinion is different to yours it doesn't raise questions on their judgement. It tells you that their judgement is different to yours. If their judgement is different and that leads to you making the judgmental statement "learn more about some posters on here and their judgement" then to be honest that statement says a lot about you.

So you know the above is 100% correct.

Did you:
a) take the photo
b) witness this "assault" first-hand
c) see the picture on the device it was taken on?

If the answer is no to the above 3 statements then you can be no more 100% on this than I can be and your "100%" is your opinion. If the answer is yes to any of the above 3 then I will hold my hands up and call an error of judgement. I guess if that were the case it would say a lot about me ::)

FYI I have checked out the history of the photo using an image editor and it is inconclusive. It ended up in a photo editor called zoom ex. Whether that was to rescale or not I don't know.

ONeill

AZ - I think it was a sense of frustration. The DT FB has been suspended for slapping DO'S's marbles. I'm only guessing here but I think DT tried to argue during the hearing about having consistency. Maybe that led to this leak. You understand the nature of this board and its readership. Let's just say DT could come out with a lot more but there's an AIF to prepare for. They don't wish ill-will on DO'S - just fair play or no play atall.

Jinxy

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 09, 2012, 10:39:57 PM

Nonsense. Try swinging your arm with full force and speed with your feet fixed without it ending up in a position like that: impossible.

Given the physical (and mental) condition of most posters here that is a very irresponsible post.

sheamy

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 09, 2012, 10:39:57 PM

try doing it with your left arm tucked across your body and not to the left of you to balance you...
You'll cowp...  :D :D :D

AZOffaly

Quote from: ONeill on February 09, 2012, 10:45:58 PM
AZ - I think it was a sense of frustration. The DT FB has been suspended for slapping DO'S's marbles. I'm only guessing here but I think DT tried to argue during the hearing about having consistency. Maybe that led to this leak. You understand the nature of this board and its readership. Let's just say DT could come out with a lot more but there's an AIF to prepare for. They don't wish ill-will on DO'S - just fair play or no play atall.

I still don't really understand what they hope to gain by it. I understand the frustration at their own suspensions, but of #3 slapped the marbles, then he probably deserves the ban. What bans are they frustrated at? I could understand frustration at the 5 year ban alright, but some of the other suspensions were arguably light for the offence. Obviously missing an All Ireland is a bollix, but I can't understand how publishing this photo at this juncture does anything for their cause.

If they want D'OS punished for this , fair enough, but why now? At the time I remember a DT person saying fair play to D'OS for at least telling a steward to cop on about pressing charges against handbag woman. For him to be highlighted now in this way seems harsh to me, especially when I can't see the point of it from DT's point of view. I don't think anyone has ever said that Dromid weren't involved in the row and throwing their own belts too.

And as for the other material that has not seen the light of day, I think there's plenty on both sides. Let's hope it doesn;t come up now. DT have an All Ireland to prepare for, and Dromid have a new season down in Kerry.

Jinxy

Try patting your head, rubbing your belly and touching the tip of your nose with your tongue at the same time.