More Thuggery on the GAA field

Started by agorm, January 23, 2012, 06:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Puckoon

There's nothing anatomical in that photo which suggests it is photoshopped. His right arm isn't anywhere I wouldnt expect it to be after throwing a punch.

ballinaman

Quote from: Puckoon on February 09, 2012, 04:17:18 PM
There's nothing anatomical in that photo which suggests it is photoshopped. His right arm isn't anywhere I wouldnt expect it to be after throwing a punch.

Declan O'Sullivan must have had his shoulder dislocated so during that punch. Showed it to the rest of the Physio's here and it's anatomically impossible to get your arm in that position after throwing a punch.....Michael Phelps maybe but not DOS. Good effort but wouldn't fool a trained eye to be honest.

Nally Stand

Quote from: ballinaman on February 09, 2012, 04:26:27 PM
Showed it to the rest of the Physio's here and it's anatomically impossible to get your arm in that position after throwing a punch

:D I'd have thought it would be fairly hard to have your arm in anything but that position!

And can anybody explain what the Dessytresk fella is up to? Did Derrytresk's Photoshop man get him to pull that pose after training yesterday so they could photograph it and place him in the shot or does he just have a bad back and always walk like that?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Puckoon

So a number (presumably) of trained physios are adamant that it is impossible his body cannot turn that way? Well you guys are the experts so I'll take your word - but that is more than surprising to me. His right shoulder is up, and while his left arm looks a little lower than I'd expect it, considering his direction and suggested action - it doesnt seem out of the realms of possibility to me - especially where the human body is concnerned - but ill bow to the higher power on this one.

Seamus

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 09, 2012, 01:10:44 PM

If that is supposed to be Declan O'Sullivan's hand it is definitely photoshopped. Way too long, try doing it yourself. The sub's left fist is clenched, if this is not photoshopped the right arm and clenched fist belongs to the sub as well. Personally I never go shaking hands with clenched fists.
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

Nally Stand

Doesn't look too clenched to me!!!
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Puckoon

Hold on there Seamus - the clenched right hand and arm belong to the sub - who is falling backwards and who's right shoulder is pointing just off the ground?  :D

Personally I never shake hands with my left hand, t'is bad manners they say.

ballinaman

Quote from: Puckoon on February 09, 2012, 04:34:31 PM
So a number (presumably) of trained physios are adamant that it is impossible his body cannot turn that way? Well you guys are the experts so I'll take your word - but that is more than surprising to me. His right shoulder is up, and while his left arm looks a little lower than I'd expect it, considering his direction and suggested action - it doesnt seem out of the realms of possibility to me - especially where the human body is concnerned - but ill bow to the higher power on this one.
Aye, thats why i said it was a good effort. It's close to being bang on but the fist is too far forward, the shoudler doesnt protract that far forward in a horziontal flexion/adduction range of movement. Try it yourself sure, reach as far as you can across your body with the torso in DOS position. No way a hand could be in that position unless you are a chimp....or michael phelps

Hound

O'Sullivan's arm looks absolutely fine to me, doesn't look any longer that it should given the way his body is. I've tried it and I can defo get my arm that far. I am over 6ft, not sure what heights DOS is, but I'd say he's similar enough.

The only doubt I'd have re the pic is the lack of reaction by everyone else in the pic bar the handbag lady.

But somebody in Derrytresk had put their name to that photo. If someone was going to do some photoshopping, I don't think they'd be stupid enough to put their name to it, it'd be leaked some other way.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Nally Stand on February 09, 2012, 04:32:00 PM
And can anybody explain what the Dessytresk fella is up to? Did Derrytresk's Photoshop man get him to pull that pose after training yesterday so they could photograph it and place him in the shot or does he just have a bad back and always walk like that?

Anybody? Or are we just basing this "faked" theory on some fanciful notion that O'Sullivan's arm is somehow in the wrong place?

Puckoon

I've done it, did it about 3 times before posting the first time!  :D
It's certainly doable, but not comfortable - especially moving down and forward - and I'm not even warmed up, never mind just finishing a game.

If you chop O'Sullivan off at the waist there - and turn his toso clockwise about 35 degrees til he's upright - are his shoulders and arm not in the one line perpendictular to the floor? When I put my right arm across my chest I have about the same amount of forearm showing as he seems to? Am I crazy to think this isn't possible? I mean afterall it's downward and forward momentum after allegedly throwing a punch?

Anyway, t'is interesting stuff.

Seamus

Quote from: Puckoon on February 09, 2012, 04:40:24 PM
Hold on there Seamus - the clenched right hand and arm belong to the sub - who is falling backwards and who's right shoulder is pointing just off the ground?  :D

Personally I never shake hands with my left hand, t'is bad manners they say.

The sub's right shoulder cannot be seen and there was plenty of bad manners displayed in that game.
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

Jinxy

Ah FFS.
I've had just about enough of clipboardmanhandbagphotoshopstretchyarmgate.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Jinxy on February 09, 2012, 05:02:02 PM
Ah FFS.
I've had just about enough of clipboardmanhandbagphotoshopstretchyarmgate.
:D
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either