More Thuggery on the GAA field

Started by agorm, January 23, 2012, 06:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orchardman

i'l be there to support derrytresk on sunday, surely it'l be a sell out

sheamy

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 09, 2012, 08:38:58 PM
Your post directly below mine (a photo) refers to a definite Photoshop.

If you were referring to different picture you should have included a reference to it -- basic board convention, my 'facts' stand.

wtf?  ;D you my english teacher or something? going on about references  :D ...I wasn't the first (or the last) one to query the photo. FACT. No matter what fecking academic rules you seek to apply. I still hold my opinion.

Good luck to Derrytresk. I hope they bring it back to ulster to complete a fantastic story. This whole sorry episode makes us all look bad, this latest installment included.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: sheamy on February 09, 2012, 08:48:00 PM
wtf?  ;D you my thesis examiner or something? going on about references  :D ...I wasn't the first (or the last) one to query the photo. FACT.

The FIRST post after I posted THAT photo was YOURS! Only a Derryman could construe that as a fact representing anything other than a FIRST (query or otherwise)!  :D

Hope you're beaten out the Omagh gate on Sunday!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

sheamy

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 09, 2012, 08:54:33 PM
Quote from: sheamy on February 09, 2012, 08:48:00 PM
wtf?  ;D you my thesis examiner or something? going on about references  :D ...I wasn't the first (or the last) one to query the photo. FACT.

The FIRST post after I posted THAT photo was YOURS! Only a Derryman could construe that as a fact representing anything other than a FIRST (query or otherwise)!  :D

Hope you're beaten out the Omagh gate on Sunday!  ;)

lol...finally the mask slips. good luck lad...

ONeill

Smile in the face of adversity,
Fight on, but never give in,
And no matter how bad things seem,
You always play to win.
Smile in the face of adversity,
When you're given yet another trial,
Don't go backwards, go forwards,
Always go that one last mile.

Up Armagh.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Etienne Lantier

I spend much of my day working with photoshop, and have done so for the past 15 years or so, and I'd be extremely surprised if this image was photoshopped. The tone and light is even across the image and it is extremely difficult to get these things to match up when you're mashing images. That's the first thing I would look for. Secondly, there is motion in the Derrytresk man hand and body which is naturally and perceptibly blended with the background so he was definitely there when the picture was taken. Again the tone and light of Declan O'Sullivan is what points to him being part of the original image. Look also at the grass around the feet. If either had been imported there would be telltale touch ups to blend the grass in. That hasn't happened. If this is doctored, it's an extremely good job, using and extremely propitious cutout of Declan O'Sullivan. It requires greater suspension of disbelief to believe this image is doctored than it does to believe it is genuine.

ONeill

But sure there are a group of physios sitting somewhere, probably in the whest, who say O'Sullivan's movement is impossible.

You have Sheamy who says it's obvious and not even a good photoshop and guarantees it's a fake and pathetic and a disgrace and laughing at the state of it and definitely a fake.

You have Keane who wants to shoot himself in the face and his legs are clearly cropped and a crass effort.

You have Mayo4sam who reckons it's the longest arm in the world.

You have Ballinaman who reckons yer man's a photoshop genius and pathetic and shame on the Times.

You have Tubberman who reckons it's shabby and malicious and not real.

You have imtommygun who reckons there's serious imposition at work and journalism at a new low.

Seriously lads. Seriously. Take. A. Reddner.

Jinxy

Quote from: Etienne Lantier on February 09, 2012, 09:08:19 PM
I spend much of my day working with photoshop, and have done so for the past 15 years or so, and I'd be extremely surprised if this image was photoshopped. The tone and light is even across the image and it is extremely difficult to get these things to match up when you're mashing images. That's the first thing I would look for. Secondly, there is motion in the Derrytresk man hand and body which is naturally and perceptibly blended with the background so he was definitely there when the picture was taken. Again the tone and light of Declan O'Sullivan is what points to him being part of the original image. Look also at the grass around the feet. If either had been imported there would be telltale touch ups to blend the grass in. That hasn't happened. If this is doctored, it's an extremely good job, using and extremely propitious cutout of Declan O'Sullivan. It requires greater suspension of disbelief to believe this image is doctored than it does to believe it is genuine.

I'd be surprised if a Tyrone man knew how to use photoshop to be honest.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

leaveherinsir

Quote from: Jinxy on February 09, 2012, 09:24:17 PM

I'd be surprised if a Tyrone man knew how to use photoshop to be honest.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SK0QyHcCIw

imtommygunn

Quote from: ONeill on February 09, 2012, 09:22:11 PM
But sure there are a group of physios sitting somewhere, probably in the whest, who say O'Sullivan's movement is impossible.

You have Sheamy who says it's obvious and not even a good photoshop and guarantees it's a fake and pathetic and a disgrace and laughing at the state of it and definitely a fake.

You have Keane who wants to shoot himself in the face and his legs are clearly cropped and a crass effort.

You have Mayo4sam who reckons it's the longest arm in the world.

You have Ballinaman who reckons yer man's a photoshop genius and pathetic and shame on the Times.

You have Tubberman who reckons it's shabby and malicious and not real.

You have imtommygun who reckons there's serious imposition at work and journalism at a new low.

Seriously lads. Seriously. Take. A. Reddner.

There's about 3 things in that photo have been doctored.  ::) Either that or declan o'sullivan has elastic arms. If that's what they're printing in papers then I despair.

FWIW I think Derrytresk have been ridiculously harshly dealt with and feel for them. I'm sure they're not innocent but they seem to have been scapegoated for all the media coverage. The likes of the BBC jumping on these kind of things does no-one any favours. They do no one any favours and seem to delight in highlighting rows in GAA games.

Society in general these days seems to have everything as an outrage. This seems to have fallen victim to it. The media also see this and play on people loving a good outrage. Players should have been suspended but the fallout from this is ridiculous.

muppet

I nominate you for the Gaa's first video referee/TMO.
MWWSI 2017

ONeill

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 09, 2012, 10:00:54 PM

There's about 3 things in that photo have been doctored.  ::)

What are they, now?

imtommygunn

Why the need to add "now"?

1. One of those guys has been overlaid onto that photo. It doesn't look right.

2. Something has been doctored with O'Sullivans arm and is possibly a result of 1.
Can you get your arm into that position with your shoulders like that? How so?

Point 3 which I guess is indirectly to do with doctoring:
3. Please explain to me why everyone else on that pitch is so nonchalant. Do you think that if someone was in the midst of decking someone else a ref would be walking off without looking at it, a few people would just walk the same direction and not bat an eyelid and an older(ish) women would be looking round at it with a big grin on her face?

This is not an anti-tyrone campaign. I don't care if Declan O'Sullivan hit someone. However he's been tarnished for that photo and the first time I saw it I believed it was doctored and unless Declan O'Sullivan told me himself it wasn't I wouldn't believe any different.

Fear ón Srath Bán

I think some folk are so used to seeing the 'perfect' photo these days that they're thrown when they see something slightly out of kilter, as almost all impromptu photographs were not so long ago, before there were such new-fangled notions as 'digitistation' and 'software'.

There's nothing wrong with that photo -- it's called realism.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...