South Belfast North of Ireland Supporters Club

Started by T Fearon, August 10, 2009, 12:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnevin

Quote from: T Fearon on August 10, 2009, 12:18:25 PM
While passing through Shaftsbury Square yesterday afternoon I glanced over at the aforementioned establishment and noted an array of flags including the Union Flag and Bastardised Ulster Flag. As the aforementioned are not flown at any other time during the year from this building, I concluded that indeed this establishment (whose members claim with vehemence that they are non sectarian) can only be flying them at this time to celebrate the 12th of July and other unionist/loyalist sectarian celebrations (Apprentice Boys etc). :(

Your not even making an effort now Tony. Sure you attempted this rant  a year and 10 days ago.
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=8817.0
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Main Street

QuoteSure you attempted this rant  a year and 10 days ago.

Pity, on the rare occasion you get the spelling right, you feck up on the maths.

T Fearon

The simple truth is that this building, which houses members who would laughingly claim to be non sectarian, currently resembles an Orange Hall/loyalist club.

Football for all, don't make me laugh. More like hardline unionists once again using a so called international side to assert their political allegiances.

dublinfella

Quote from: T Fearon on August 11, 2009, 11:03:10 AM
More like hardline unionists once again using a so called international side to assert their political allegiances.

Which is exactly what you are doing.

You were asked a question. Do you object to the GAA flying the tricolour at games?

T Fearon

I'm passive to the GAA flying the tricolour at games but I will explain to you the key and crucial difference

GAA: Distinctly Irish sporting cultural organisation whose activities are aimed specifically at those of an Irish cultural background but where all can join without fear or favour without suffering sectarianism, abuse due to one's political beliefs.

Soccer: A worldwide sport, arguably the most popular on the planet that has been hijacked by hardline unionists in the six counties and an association made up almost entirely of hardline unionists, where the sport is used (uniquely) to assert political allegiances and whihc has a long and well documented history of sectarianism (from abuse to death threats) against those catholics who choose to be part of the charade.

Now do you see the difference?

dublinfella

Quote from: T Fearon on August 11, 2009, 01:14:12 PM
I'm passive to the GAA flying the tricolour at games but I will explain to you the key and crucial difference

GAA: Distinctly Irish sporting cultural organisation whose activities are aimed specifically at those of an Irish cultural background but where all can join without fear or favour without suffering sectarianism, abuse due to one's political beliefs.

Soccer: A worldwide sport, arguably the most popular on the planet that has been hijacked by hardline unionists in the six counties and an association made up almost entirely of hardline unionists, where the sport is used (uniquely) to assert political allegiances and whihc has a long and well documented history of sectarianism (from abuse to death threats) against those catholics who choose to be part of the charade.

No. I see you arguing that your flag at sporting events is ok, their one isn't.

You see the GAA as a soft cultural nationalist organisation. They see it as aggressive Irish nationalism masquerading as sport.

You see the IFA as huns in suits keeping the croppies in line, they see it as representing the majority of the occupants of the 6 counties.

Its whataboutery pure and simple. No-one is shocked or surprised that the 6 county fans will fly a 6 county flag. Spare us the faux outrage and the tedium of these repetitive rants.

You don't like the IFA, we get it. But there is nothing they can do that will make you support the side short of merging with the FAI, and even then I'm sure you will find something to complain about.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Can anyone explain to me why the South Belfast Emerald NISC were flying the Faugh na Ballagh UDR/RIR flag at the start of the Summer along with the Butchers apron and the defaced St Georges cross (Englands flag btw - how come they never used the St Patricks saltire?), funnily they weren't due to play anyone for a good while?
Tbc....

dublinfella

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on August 11, 2009, 01:41:10 PM
Can anyone explain to me why the South Belfast Emerald NISC were flying the Faugh na Ballagh UDR/RIR flag at the start of the Summer along with the Butchers apron and the defaced St Georges cross, funnily they weren't due to play anyone for a good while?

Because they are loyalists?

This isn't difficult....

lynchbhoy

Quote from: dublinfella on August 11, 2009, 01:35:51 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on August 11, 2009, 01:14:12 PM

No. I see you arguing that your flag at sporting events is ok, their one isn't.

You see the GAA as a soft cultural nationalist organisation. They see it as aggressive Irish nationalism masquerading as sport.

You see the IFA as huns in suits keeping the croppies in line, they see it as representing the majority of the occupants of the 6 counties.

Its whataboutery pure and simple. No-one is shocked or surprised that the 6 county fans will fly a 6 county flag. Spare us the faux outrage and the tedium of these repetitive rants.

You don't like the IFA, we get it. But there is nothing they can do that will make you support the side short of merging with the FAI, and even then I'm sure you will find something to complain about.

what is a 'six county flag' ?
who does it represent?
Commissioned by who ?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: dublinfella on August 11, 2009, 01:43:17 PM
Can anyone explain to me why the South Belfast Emerald NISC were flying the Faugh na Ballagh UDR/RIR flag at the start of the Summer along with the Butchers apron and the defaced St Georges cross, funnily they weren't due to play anyone for a good while?

This isn't difficult....
...you are prob right
but thats what the ni soccer fans always argue against - that their supporters clubs are not political and have no political afiliations etc..

soccer for all (except on sundays)  ;)

btw - I'd prefer the ifa to the fai - which shows you how bad the fai are ! (freeloading embezzlers!)

Gnevin

Quote from: T Fearon on August 11, 2009, 11:03:10 AM
The simple truth is that this building, which houses members who would laughingly claim to be non sectarian, currently resembles an Orange Hall/loyalist club.

Football for all, don't make me laugh. More like hardline unionists once again using a so called international side to assert their political allegiances.

Why did you feel the need to re-raise this issue ,nearly a year to the day you first raised it ? Was it not explained clearly enough the first time?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

This isn't difficult....

I thought it was a soccer supporters club? Silly me.  ::)
Tbc....

Gnevin

Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 11, 2009, 01:49:23 PM

This isn't difficult....
...you are prob right
but thats what the ni soccer fans always argue against - that their supporters clubs are not political and have no political afiliations etc..

btw - I'd prefer the ifa to the fai - which shows you how bad the fai are ! (freeloading embezzlers!)

Pot's and Kettles here ! The GAA is hardly whiter than white now is it

Maguire01

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Gnevin on August 11, 2009, 01:52:29 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 11, 2009, 01:49:23 PM

This isn't difficult....
...you are prob right

Pot's and Kettles here ! The GAA is hardly whiter than white now is it
please explain how !
where do the GAA and 'supporters clubs' (I'd say county supporters clubs are about the only thing to equate to the ni soccer supporters clubs)
have political afiliations etc
or are you talking about GAA officials and embezzlement ?

anyhow over to you, I cant wait for this !