Started by T Fearon, August 10, 2009, 12:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnevin

Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 11, 2009, 01:55:34 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on August 11, 2009, 01:52:29 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 11, 2009, 01:49:23 PM
Quote from: dublinfella on August 11, 2009, 01:43:17 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on August 11, 2009, 01:41:10 PM
Can anyone explain to me why the South Belfast Emerald NISC were flying the Faugh na Ballagh UDR/RIR flag at the start of the Summer along with the Butchers apron and the defaced St Georges cross, funnily they weren't due to play anyone for a good while?

Because they are loyalists?

This isn't difficult....
...you are prob right
but thats what the ni soccer fans always argue against - that their supporters clubs are not political and have no political afiliations etc..

soccer for all (except on sundays)  ;)

btw - I'd prefer the ifa to the fai - which shows you how bad the fai are ! (freeloading embezzlers!)

Pot's and Kettles here ! The GAA is hardly whiter than white now is it
please explain how !
where do the GAA and 'supporters clubs' (I'd say county supporters clubs are about the only thing to equate to the ni soccer supporters clubs)
have political afiliations etc
or are you talking about GAA officials and embezzlement ?

anyhow over to you, I cant wait for this !

Flag ,Anthem ,Club names, Rallys on GAA land and "The Association is a National Organisation which has as its basic aim the strengthening of the National Identity of a 32 County Ireland through the preservation and promotion of Gaelic games and pastimes."

Yeah the GAA is non political all right
::)
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

fred the red

I took a look at this club on google maps to see what tony is on about.

In the pic there is a SCOTLAND flag flying outside. Is this normal practise?

dublinfella

Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 11, 2009, 01:46:59 PM
what is a 'six county flag' ?
who does it represent?
Commissioned by who ?

Thats besides the point. Like it or not it is the flag of the 6 counties and its football team. Their fans are entitled to it if they want.

But the real issue hear is the permanent sense of rage Fearon is with the idea that there are two identities in the 6

Gnevin

Quote from: fred the red on August 11, 2009, 01:58:33 PM

Check the thread from last year. Scotland where NI's next opponent is the explanation the OWC lads gave.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

dublinfella

please explain how !
where do the GAA and 'supporters clubs' (I'd say county supporters clubs are about the only thing to equate to the ni soccer supporters clubs)

Perhaps you could begin with an example of FAI 'embezzlement'. Its quite a serious allegation to make against an organisation that publically releases audited accounts.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Gnevin on August 11, 2009, 01:58:14 PM
Flag ,Anthem ,Club names, Rallys on GAA land and "The Association is a National Organisation which has as its basic aim the strengthening of the National Identity of a 32 County Ireland through the preservation and promotion of Gaelic games and pastimes."

jeez you have been listening to a lot of idiotic propaganda.

e.g. in the middle of county Cork or Carlow if the above list were observed:
Flag - whats political about that
Anthem - whats political about that
Club names - what is political about that
Rallys on GAA land - was this a GAA organised operation or do you think that macra na feirme are controlled by the GAA

as for
The Association is a National Organisation which has as its basic aim the strengthening of the National Identity of a 32 County Ireland through the preservation and promotion of Gaelic games and pastimes."
do you hear or see this often? The first time I heard of this was on this website a few months back.
Maybe it is dredged up in your club and if so then your club do have over-political leanings, but this line dates back to the origial charters of the GAA and is I suppose kept for historical purposes more than anything else.
Unless you can tell me differently - that the GAA do enforce and follow this creed, I would have to say that this is pants and is effectively non-existent in the GAA.

so please come back with some ACTUAL political GAA-centric evidence. Otherwise its just rehashed nonsense.

fred the red

Quote from: Gnevin on August 11, 2009, 02:02:43 PM

Check the thread from last year. Scotland where NI's next opponent is the explanation the OWC lads gave.

ok. so there should be an Israeli flag outside it this week. Has anyone seen this ?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: dublinfella on August 11, 2009, 02:02:28 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 11, 2009, 01:46:59 PM
what is a 'six county flag' ?
who does it represent?
Commissioned by who ?

Thats besides the point. Like it or not it is the flag of the 6 counties and its football team. Their fans are entitled to it if they want.

But the real issue hear is the permanent sense of rage Fearon is with the idea that there are two identities in the 6
you have not answered the 'question'. Or questions even.

Maguire01

Quote from: fred the red on August 11, 2009, 02:09:26 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on August 11, 2009, 02:02:43 PM

ok. so there should be an Israeli flag outside it this week. Has anyone seen this ?
It wouldn't surprise me if there was - there's no shortage of Israeli flags around loyalist areas of the city!

dublinfella

Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 11, 2009, 02:08:47 PM

Rallys on GAA land - was this a GAA organised operation or do you think that macra na feirme are controlled by the GAA

Grow up Lynchboy.

There is nothing more political than flags or anthems. There is a double standard at play here and well you know it

lynchbhoy

Quote from: dublinfella on August 11, 2009, 02:03:55 PM
please explain how !

Perhaps you could begin with an example of FAI 'embezzlement'. Its quite a serious allegation to make against an organisation that publically releases audited accounts.
eg taking of cash on turnstiles  - this can not be traced , can post whatever financial retuns they want but they are not guaranteed to be accurate (or truthful).
USA 94 WC - largest delegation of officials and their wives despite being one of the smallest countries represented at the wc.

where has all the money gone that was generated from 188 onwards, the money being gathered to build eircom park etc etc
now they can hardly refurbish traveller park in tallaght (well actually they couldnt could they, had to rely on more hand outs)

just a few
know of actual embezzlement lower down the leagues in local soccer (teams I played for etc) but am not going to name names on here

Maguire01

Quote from: Gnevin on August 11, 2009, 01:58:14 PM

jeez you have been listening to a lot of idiotic propaganda.

They're all still political, just not contentious. For obvious reasons.

Does the IFA control the actions of the supporters clubs? (Genuine question btw)

lynchbhoy

Quote from: dublinfella on August 11, 2009, 02:13:27 PM

Grow up Lynchboy.

There is nothing more political than flags or anthems. There is a double standard at play here and well you know it
is it 'political ' when in occurrence in co cork or co carlow ?
if so please tell me how (or relate to us how it is)
and when you and gnevin admit it isnt  then its the same for any part of Ireland

grow up ! - pot, kettle black !

Maguire01

Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 11, 2009, 02:13:56 PM
Quote from: dublinfella on August 11, 2009, 02:03:55 PM
please explain how !

eg taking of cash on turnstiles  - this can not be traced , can post whatever financial retuns they want but they are not guaranteed to be accurate (or truthful).
USA 94 WC - largest delegation of officials and their wives despite being one of the smallest countries represented at the wc.

where has all the money gone that was generated from 188 onwards, the money being gathered to build eircom park etc etc
now they can hardly refurbish traveller park in tallaght (well actually they couldnt could they, had to rely on more hand outs)

just a few
know of actual embezzlement lower down the leagues in local soccer (teams I played for etc) but am not going to name names on here
Yes, the GAA has a clear paper trail for all gate receipts.  :D

dublinfella

Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 11, 2009, 02:15:54 PM

is it 'political ' when in occurrence in co cork or co carlow ?
if so please tell me how (or relate to us how it is)
and when you and gnevin admit it isnt  then its the same for any part of Ireland

grow up ! - pot, kettle black !

Calling for a united Ireland is political. With a small p, but political nonetheless.