South Belfast North of Ireland Supporters Club

Started by T Fearon, August 04, 2008, 09:03:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Was in Belfast yesterday and noticed this establishment in Shaftesbury Square, with no less than three flags flying, to commemorate the 12th of July Orangefest, namely the Union Jack, bastardised Ulster Flag, and Scottish Flag >

Further evidence of the sincerity of Football for All >:(

nifan

I think they always fly the NI flag, and possibly the UJ.

They also always fly the flag of the next country we play - can you guess what that is tony?

An Fear Rua

Quote from: nifan on August 04, 2008, 09:30:56 AM
I think they always fly the NI flag, and possibly the UJ.

They also always fly the flag of the next country we play - can you guess what that is tony?

mmmmmm........ ;)
Its Grim up North

T Fearon

Tony Blair spin proportions...the sectarian mask slips. >:(

nifan

Sorry tony - you claimed they where flying the flags to celebrate the 12th.
THAT is spin of Blair proportions.

Orior

So if they were going to play the Free State then they would fly the Tri-colour? I thought youse had burnt them all?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

nifan

Possibly not - i dont know.

Im sure they could get their hands on another one as long as they promised they would burn it after.

T Fearon

My thoughts entirely Orior. Hell will freeze over or the DUP will support Gay rights before that happens.

I honestly thought that the Sandy Row Rangers Supporters Club had moved to Shaftsbury Square when I witness that yesterday >:(

nifan

The fact that they may/may not fly a tricolour if NI was to play the ROI doesnt make you right tony.

You said it was for the 12th - it wasnt.

donalmac99

Quote from: T Fearon on August 04, 2008, 09:03:21 AM
Was in Belfast yesterday and noticed this establishment in Shaftesbury Square, with no less than three flags flying, to commemorate the 12th of July Orangefest, namely the Union Jack, bastardised Ulster Flag, and Scottish Flag >

how dare a football supporters club fly the flag of the country it claims to represent, the flag of the nation it claims to be part off and the flag of its next opponents.

FFs a new low for you tony. is there any chance that you could decease from embarrassing us even further on public internet forums?

Orior

Quote from: nifan on August 04, 2008, 10:41:15 AM
Possibly not - i dont know.

Im sure they could get their hands on another one as long as they promised they would burn it after.

lol
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: donalmac99 on August 04, 2008, 11:10:46 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on August 04, 2008, 09:03:21 AM

how dare a football supporters club fly the flag of the country it claims to represent, the flag of the nation it claims to be part off and the flag of its next opponents.

FFs a new low for you tony. is there any chance that you could decease from embarrassing us even further on public internet forums?

You part of the Fearon family?
Tbc....

magickingdom

Quote from: nifan on August 04, 2008, 10:45:38 AM
The fact that they may/may not fly a tricolour if NI was to play the ROI doesnt make you right tony.

it also makes your first post wrong...

nifan

Quote from: magickingdom on August 04, 2008, 12:31:16 PM
Quote from: nifan on August 04, 2008, 10:45:38 AM

it also makes your first post wrong...

Well we dont know if they fly it or not. So i may or may not be wrong in that it may not fly this flag when the event occurs.
However the point stands that the scotland flag is being flown due to them being our next opponent, not as some sort of 12th festivities as was suggested.

I think you get the point i was making even if there is an attempt to guess what they might so ongoing

Rossfan

Quote from: donalmac99 on August 04, 2008, 11:10:46 AM
[

A flag which represents 55% of the population of the part of Ireland it represents.
I dont think the term "nation" can be applied to the political grouping of England/Scotland/Wales/NE Ireland - dont know if I of Man and Channel Islands also come into this group.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM