South Belfast North of Ireland Supporters Club

Started by T Fearon, August 10, 2009, 12:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red hander

Quote from: MW on March 07, 2010, 10:31:52 PM
Nope.

Fairly big divide among NI fans on Worthington*. Some like him and rate him, others dislike him and want to see the back of him.

Many of the latter haven't forgiven him for being the Tinkerman who came in and blew our chances of qualifying for Euro 2008. And that's the camp I'm in (I was there in Riga and Reyjavik and it's still seared into my memory).

(Or "Worthlesston", as my camp sometimes calls him...)

I admired Worthington as a player and seen him regularly for a decent Wednesday team under Howard Wilkinson when I lived in England in the 80s, but I'm not convinced about him as a manager.  He seems to have a plan A (score the first goal and defend like f**k) but no plan B if owc go behind in a game ... dunno about blowing Sanchez' legacy (remember, they lost 3-0 at home to Iceland too)... his best result was against Spain, the English were there for the taking the night owc won 1-0 because they took to the pitch like a bunch of arrogant pricks who thought they only had to turn up to win

gallsman

Paul Mcgrath's Da, I doubt the likes of the decent OWC posters on this forum like MW or nifan or the long since departed sammyg would dispute the fact that there are bucket-loads of what can only be described as small-minded tossers on their site. The key is not to tar everyone with the same brush.

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: stiffler on March 09, 2010, 06:06:55 PM
Quote from: Paul Mc Graths Da on March 09, 2010, 05:14:14 PM

5. (on discussions to change the GSTQ anthem).."I agree with what you are saying except that I do believe in God and like the Queen. Also you will find that for a lot of people it is too much to ask. Anyway speaking of c * * t s that have no shame, I really hope this f * c * e r does his cruciate before the end of the season: Marc "poppy hater" Wilson- If it was always his dream to play for the Republic, then why did that leech play for our Under 15's and Under 17's...(another poster responds)" I was in Aghalee the other day and took a drive into Aghagallon. I tried to buy a Cream Egg in the local shop but they only accepted Euros and the road signs were in Irish. So I guess Wilson lived in an enclave of the Republic which takes in the Kilwilkie Estate in Lurgan How did they get away with that? Part of the GFA?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Probably got overcharged for it as well!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Paul Mc Graths Da

Quote from: gallsman on March 09, 2010, 07:31:33 PM
Paul Mcgrath's Da, I doubt the likes of the decent OWC posters on this forum like MW or nifan or the long since departed sammyg would dispute the fact that there are bucket-loads of what can only be described as small-minded t**sers on their site. The key is not to tar everyone with the same brush.

Wouldn't dream of it.................but you'd have to question the calibre of some of the mods

The Subbie

Quote from: Paul Mc Graths Da on March 09, 2010, 05:14:14 PM

A mate found these quotes on a BBC message board, lifted from our friends at 'Our Wee Country'

Following on from the Albania game last week, I decided to peruse the main NI fans forum called ourweecountry. So I decided to have a scoot around it to see what the "ordinary decent NI" fans had to say. As you can imagine they are a mite annoyed at the defections of young players to ROI. Here is a snippet from the award winning fans and you make your own judgments:

1. "We are losing more and more players to the Dark Side", the "Beggars"
2. "I work in Dublin but can't wait to get out of it. The only paper I can get down here is the Irish News" to which a poster responds "I would'nt clean my backside with that rag" before another recommends the Belfast Telegraph which can be bought in Easons in O'Connell Street.
3. One says "The IFA should begin by withdrawing from the Celtic Cup, and they should be lobbying the SFA and WFA to do so as well. Teams from the RoI should no longer be invited to partcipate in the Milk Cup. As far as it is possible they should be banning FAI coaches and scouts from watching all games in Northern Ireland, especially those involving schoolboys. And any other inter-association co-operation should stop immediately".
4. ..."Do Republic supporters ask our views about matters? I know I don't care much for what they think especially the one's that live in Northern Ireland".
5. "I can't put into words my hatred for the FAI"
6 "The IFA should ensure that Derry City are no longer allowed to operate within their jurisdiction as they seem to be the primary source of this cancer which is eating at our national team.As all these defectors have such an affinity with the RoI ,it is a bit strange that they prefer to earn their livings in BRITAIN instead of going to their beloved Dublin and playing for Shamrock Rovers or St Pats or whoever,but off course it is only payback for 10000 years of oppression"
7. "I do not believe that a manager (Nigel Worthington") should have to second guess a players' (Shane Duffy's) oportunistic republican sympathies"

Further quotes from NI fans, those honourable, non-partisan scribes on the website our wee country dot.com:

1. "For a long time, but not always, I have hated the FAI and that country with a passion. These days I would love to play them simply for the reason that they are sh*t* and I believe we'd win against them and therefore a against a lot more so-called 'glamourous opposition' than losing to meaningless games against bloody Albania".
2. "In the real world (not that of irredentist politics), to claim that Darron Gibson is as "Irish" as anyone from Dublin or Donegal is palpable nonsense and as transparent as the gesture of granting him of a Passport. I mean to say, if he feels so Irish, why couldn't he have moved a few miles up the road and actually lived there? Four years residence and a Passport suffices for eligibility for anyone else seeking to qualify for a given international team".
3. It's the FAI eyeing up our left footers that's the problem
4. "...A (FAI) base in Northern Ireland? Sure they don't need the overhead of a base, the ba*t**ds are already here tapping up our youth and playing on sectarian grounds to do so.......All these Politically motivated / mercenary players ar
5. (on discussions to change the GSTQ anthem).."I agree with what you are saying except that I do believe in God and like the Queen. Also you will find that for a lot of people it is too much to ask. Anyway speaking of c * * t s that have no shame, I really hope this f * c * e r does his cruciate before the end of the season: Marc "poppy hater" Wilson-

I'd say Mark "Poppy hater" Wilson and the undoubted many that will follow him would enjoy the tag "our youth"  ;D ;D ;D ;D

When is the penny going to drop with these guys?

The comment about wilson doing his cruciate is despicable.

The comment about really wanting to play us is the musings of some deluded mervyn who thinks Linfield V Crusaders is as good as it gets. 

Hurler on the Bitch

Look the club is not sectarian! I was in one night and can give you advice as, it you will be posed the inevitable question therein by a complete stranger: 'DO I KNOW YE?' ..

In this case point 1 is: do not panic! The way out is simple and just utter one of the following:

1 It's alright aul hand, my da was a foreman in the 'Yard!
2 Oi! Sure we had great crack on the boat over to the Hibs game at Ibrox
3 Ach Norman / Sammy / Billy - remember that Fenian's head burst open on the pavement outside KFC - where did you get those boots? or
4 Sure I got off on a technicality as I was at - I think - a band parade that night - so my mates tell me!

Keep to the above and you will enjoy gulping down yer pint as yer mate phones the peelers...