Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Quote from: EC Unique on July 29, 2014, 12:03:34 PM
Quote from: Hereiam on July 29, 2014, 11:42:48 AM
EC if that's the attitude about Dunmoyle these days then there are a lot of swelled heads about the club. The Errigal committee would need to look at what direction they want the club to go in. Seniors winning league titles is as good as a championship to the underage boys and girls and instils a winning mentality into them surly.

I know what you mean about winning mentality and all that and agree. Like I said if we make the top 4 we will go for it. Just does not excite us too much, that's all I'm saying.

Bump ::)

Moortown Spuds

Quote from: longballin on October 20, 2014, 10:52:28 AM
Remembering how Mulligan was scathing of those who call Cookstown a 'yo yo' club. Is a joke at this stage... favourites for Ulster again next year...   ::)

Cookstown brought on a lot of older subs yesterday. One fella in paticular looked like a duck. He waddled left, he waddled right but his team were two points down with less than a minute to go!  They didn't have many on the bench either. I think Cookstown could struggle for a while.

WT4E

Cookstown have been trying to sort out there indiscipline problems at the end of this year AFAIK. It became a particular joke after the committee tried to discipline a couple of players (one in particular whose always acting the maggot but wouldn't be wat u would call hard) however it was threw back in their face by mugsy so I hear the chairman resigned - great prep for a relegation fight.

As one poster said there were a lot of teams looking to get at them this year and I think there'll be even more looking to get at them next year. So they wont get it handy IMO.

Man Marker

How did Coalisland let Killyclogher bt them, really surprised at that result, a walk in the park for Dromore now.

BADONEY

The league final between Dromore vKillyclogher is scheduled for Sunday next , 3pm,Carrickmore, curtainraiser Trillick v Derrylaughan  1.15 pm .

Christmas Lights

Quote from: inroundthesquare on October 19, 2014, 04:23:31 PM
Quote from: Christmas Lights on October 14, 2014, 02:02:45 PM

In the relegation game, would expect a comfortable win for Cookstown against a very poor Eskra side who needed to win last weekend but didn't.  Dromore gave them every chance of winning also looking at the team they fielded which was missing a raft of regulars.  Eskras only threat is Peter Hughes so if Cookstown can stop him, they should run out 8-9 points winners.

The bigger challenge for Cookstown will be the D2 playoff winners that will probably end up being Trillick or Derrylaughran.  That promotion / relegation game will be a lottery.

Aye good lad

Fair play to Eskra yesterday going down to Cookstown and winning.  Didn't think they had the quality to do that but they must have been played well to come out 3 points winners. Admittedly I was stunned when I saw the result.  Stunned.  Cookstown are obviously a lot worse off than I thought.  Not sorry to see them relegated either. 

Would still fancy Trillick or Derrylaughran to turn over Eskra.  Peter Hughes, who is an excellent player, seems to be their go to man and only scoring threat.  If they can nullify his influence in the game, id expect Derrylaughran or Trillick to be too strong over 60 minutes for Eskra.  Should be a good game though 

Tommo2

Quote from: Man Marker on October 20, 2014, 01:12:26 PM
How did Coalisland let Killyclogher bt them, really surprised at that result, a walk in the park for Dromore now.

they were obviously complacent, having beaten them by 9 points a few weeks ago.

BADONEY

The Tattyreagh v Killeeshill promotion playoffwill be played in Eskra Sunday next 2.30pm,

MCO

Quote from: WT4E on October 20, 2014, 12:06:09 PM
Cookstown have been trying to sort out there indiscipline problems at the end of this year AFAIK. It became a particular joke after the committee tried to discipline a couple of players (one in particular whose always acting the maggot but wouldn't be wat u would call hard) however it was threw back in their face by mugsy so I hear the chairman resigned - great prep for a relegation fight.

As one poster said there were a lot of teams looking to get at them this year and I think there'll be even more looking to get at them next year. So they wont get it handy IMO.

The Cookstown situation is quite interesting. From the outside I would have assumed that it was their manager McKeever who was trying to install the nasty streak in them but possibly not as he has walked when their indiscipline reached an all time low. I would not just blame one of two of the players however as there are easily at least 7 or 8 who behave like maggots. Some of their supporters and I'll include 'mentors' in that group would not add much to their cause either. That type of approach eventually comes back on you and what we have seen at the end of this year is a Cookstown team low in confidence. Without confidence Cookstown have nothing.

Will they bounce back? Not for a while IMO as this year in particular has appeared to do severe damage to the core of the club. For the decent gaels of Cookstown I do hope they return as a more positive club but it may be Div 2 for a while. It may not be such a bad thing for the Fr Rocks to go off the radar for a couple of years.

winghalfback

Was Peter Harte not suspended after an altercation against Coalisland a few weeks ago?

everymanaman

Quote from: winghalfback on October 21, 2014, 11:58:07 AM
Was Peter Harte not suspended after an altercation against Coalisland a few weeks ago?

One match ban served as he missed the game with Moy, from what I gather.

winghalfback

Quote from: everymanaman on October 21, 2014, 12:16:43 PM
Quote from: winghalfback on October 21, 2014, 11:58:07 AM

One match ban served as he missed the game with Moy, from what I gather.

So he never got a 3 game ban.

everymanaman

Mustn't have as he lined out on Sunday against Dromore. Errigal ended up with 4 men lined altogether between black and double yellows- he wasn't one of them

Bo Man

Quote from: MCO on October 20, 2014, 10:00:13 PM
Quote from: WT4E on October 20, 2014, 12:06:09 PM

The Cookstown situation is quite interesting. From the outside I would have assumed that it was their manager McKeever who was trying to install the nasty streak in them but possibly not as he has walked when their indiscipline reached an all time low. I would not just blame one of two of the players however as there are easily at least 7 or 8 who behave like maggots. Some of their supporters and I'll include 'mentors' in that group would not add much to their cause either. That type of approach eventually comes back on you and what we have seen at the end of this year is a Cookstown team low in confidence. Without confidence Cookstown have nothing.

Will they bounce back? Not for a while IMO as this year in particular has appeared to do severe damage to the core of the club. For the decent gaels of Cookstown I do hope they return as a more positive club but it may be Div 2 for a while. It may not be such a bad thing for the Fr Rocks to go off the radar for a couple of years.

Hope we never see them again. Hope they go down again next year and end up at the foot of division 3.

Really looking forward to our new management team taking charge. Think they will give us the steel we need to be a real force next year.

Up The Middle

Big things will be expected of ardboe next season given mckinless championship record. Who is with him?
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.