Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Quote from: longballin on October 07, 2014, 05:38:29 PM
Was taking to a prominent Donaghmore man in Dungannon today says their senior manager is going back to help out with his home club this year. Rumours that Cassidy is changing up his backroom team for one final assault on the senior title next year have been going round a while this just adds fuel to that flame.
An Eglish man with the low down.. Lol

Up The Middle

Don't know why someone would want to leave a managerial role to become a number 2. Would it not be considered a step backwards. Unless of course he is being promised the job when the current Manager moves on.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: Up The Middle on October 07, 2014, 10:19:51 PM
Don't know why someone would want to leave a managerial role to become a number 2. Would it not be considered a step backwards. Unless of course he is being promised the job when the current Manager moves on.

Would be surprised if he was offered never mind promised a job a year down the line. How many chairmen or committees are around long enough to make such promises? Plus Clonoe have had the taste of outside managers, doubt they'd go back in house any time soon
First on the field and last to leave

LeoMc

Quote from: Up The Middle on October 07, 2014, 10:19:51 PM
Ach i dont know, i reckon Clonoe reserves would give Donaghmore a right game of it, early inthe season before they hit their league form in Srptember. :P :P

Napper

Any truth in the rumor that the most hated man in club football has taken up undercover tv journalist work?

redhandloo

Quote from: Napper on October 07, 2014, 11:03:52 PM
Any truth in the rumor that the most hated man in club football has taken up undercover tv journalist work?
Who's the most hated man in club football?
Tough times don't last, tough people do!

Bo Man

Quote from: redhandloo on October 07, 2014, 11:09:02 PM
Quote from: Napper on October 07, 2014, 11:03:52 PM
Who's the most hated man in club football?

Thon slabber at it again? Some Cookstown men reckon he only picks fights with women.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Club Rossa on October 07, 2014, 02:45:35 PM
What happens if Cookstown,Eskra and Augher finish on the same points,does it go on head to head or do they playoff against each other?

I believe if there are 3 teams level it goes to score difference, if it is only two it is head to head that counts
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 08, 2014, 09:16:51 AM
What happens if Cookstown,Eskra and Augher finish on the same points,does it go on head to head or do they playoff against each other?

I believe if there are 3 teams level it goes to score difference, if it is only two it is head to head that counts

Yes but if there has been walkovers that complicates it again.

I was under the impression head to head, scoring diff etc doesn't apply for relegation or promotion. Its only in place to decide non critical placings e.g. 3rd or 4th.

This is to stop the scenario where a starred game impacts relegation or promotion.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 08, 2014, 09:21:12 AM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on October 08, 2014, 09:16:51 AM

Yes but if there has been walkovers that complicates it again.

I was under the impression head to head, scoring diff etc doesn't apply for relegation or promotion. Its only in place to decide non critical placings e.g. 3rd or 4th.

This is to stop the scenario where a starred game impacts relegation or promotion.
im pretty sure the head to head does count anyway.
Can anyone clear this up?
Is it actually written down somewhere or do they just amke it up as the go along?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Norf Tyrone

http://tyronegaa.ie/county-board/downloads-resources/ccc-regulations-2014/

21.   In the event of teams finishing level on points Rule 6.20 (5) (c) of T. O. 2013 will apply.

http://www.gaa.ie/content/documents/Official%20Guide%202014%20Part%20I(1).pdf

(c) Except where provided for otherwise in County Bye-Law or in Competition Regulation, when Teams finish with equal points for Qualification for the Concluding Stages, or for Promotion or Relegation, the tie shall be decided by the following means and in the order specified:
(i) Where two Teams only are involved - the outcome of the meeting of the two Teams in the previous game in the Competition;
(ii) Scoring Difference (subtracting the total Scores Against from total Scores For);
(iii) Highest Total Score For;
(iv) A Play-Off.

Exceptions to (c):
(1) In relation to means (ii) and (iii) above, if the accumulated scores of a team, so involved, are affected by a disqualification,
loss of game on a proven objection, retirement or walk over, the tie shall be decided by a Play-Off.
(2) Regulations (i), (ii) and (iii) shall not apply to under 16 or younger age grade competitions

Norf Tyrone

So if the results of Eskra, Augher and Cookstown are the same it'll come down to scoring difference as there was no walkovers etc.

Ironically as Augher have the weakest scoring difference, if they fancied Eskra and Cookstown to lose they'd be better off not fulfilling the weekend's game, as that would mean a play off comes in as opposed to scoring difference.

I think.

The Bearded One

My understanding of the rule is that there is a 3 way play off, an open draw as follows:

Team A v Team B (winner stays up)
Loser v Team C (winnder stays up)

Loser v Div 2 team (winner plays senior ball in 2015).

Each Div 1 team gets at least 2 chances to avoid relegation, 1 team might even get a third game.
It is what it is. Presumably.

Under Lights

Quote from: The Bearded One on October 08, 2014, 11:27:26 AM
My understanding of the rule is that there is a 3 way play off, an open draw as follows:

Each Div 1 team gets at least 2 chances to avoid relegation, 1 team might even get a third game.

That is my understanding of it as well.

Mikhailov

Quote from: Under Lights on October 08, 2014, 11:35:38 AM
Quote from: The Bearded One on October 08, 2014, 11:27:26 AM

That is my understanding of it as well.

Not sure that is correct lads - in your scenario only 1 team gets relegated for sure but that is not the case - 2 teams must get relegated with a 3rd in a play off....

I think it is as follows;

Team A v Team B (winner stay up)
Loser v Team C ( loser is automatically relegated at they will finish 2nd bottom of div 1)
The winner of this 'loser v team c' game will play div 2 play off winners

I think this is it but not so sure.....