Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

its probably more likely a case that conor gormley gets a few more votes because he is high profile.
I mean people maybe filling out their team for and having 5  defenders selected and sticking in a higher profile name to fill out the 6th as they cant think of another one
By the way, im not saying gormley isnt fully deserving of the award, im just saying thats the way the voting will work.
Personally i would have given the club player of the year to colly doris, but gormley was very good any time i seen him this year as well

Anyway, teamtalk provide a great service to tyrone club football.
Between weekend league roundups,interviews after games and live online broadcasts it is generally top class. Long may it continue.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

ONeill

NTS do it again. 1-8 to 0-4 down in the second half. Came back to win 1-9 to 1-8. Hill relegated.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: ONeill on December 07, 2013, 03:05:05 PM
NTS do it again. 1-8 to 0-4 down in the second half. Came back to win 1-9 to 1-8. Hill relegated.

Newton goal with 15 left was big turning point but the performances of kevy gallagher and in particularly ryan mayse in the final ten minutes was superb. they deserved to get promoted after their journey this past few weeks.

Boghopper

Quote from: ONeill on December 07, 2013, 03:05:05 PM
if NTS deserved to go up are you implying Derrytresk deserved to be relegated? The goal came from a lucky break had they not got the goal they would never have won the game, I think the choice of venue was poor, the referee was poor and the advantage is with the team who have been playing for the past four weeks while we have been sitting inactive. Division three football will be tough in 2014, the Rock, Clogher, Fintona and Brocagh will fancy their chances along with others like Tattyreagh and Owen Roes who could be dark horses.

everymanaman

No implying anything.  Derrytresk deserve to be relegated as they didn't earn enough points to warrant staying in Div 2

DoYerJob Linesman

Some crying done on here all year regarding the county board.  I see you fairly rang the changes yesterday.
17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth

Man Marker

Quote from: DoYerJob Linesman on December 09, 2013, 12:44:47 PM
Some crying done on here all year regarding the county board.  I see you fairly rang the changes yesterday.

lol

winghalfback

Quote from: DoYerJob Linesman on December 09, 2013, 12:44:47 PM

lol see that changes galore but i fear its more of a case that tyrone county board is a closed shop.

Legoman5

Liam Donnelly new coalisland manager?
Any other changes?

hugh the root

The unfortunate thing is that Tyrone County Board is a closed shop run by a cartel of morons who have no knowledge of gaelic games.One only has to look at the CCC standing around omagh admiring Roisin Jordans wet look shoes.Mickey harvey was one of the old school doing jobs that nobody else would do.Because he did not co-operate with the cartel he was campaigned against and removed at the county convention>God help Tyroe GAA and the future of Garvaghey if these halfwits are not sent packing.I would go as far to say that the chairman has a lot to answer for.Garvaghey will tumble under these fools.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Its the people involved with the CCC who set and ran the fixtures who are the problem rather then just a broad sweeping statement about the county board. There is no doubt that the county manager has to much influence on this minority of people also, i.e.club championship put on ice until Tyrone are out instead of playing during the end of July of mid August at latest.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on December 10, 2013, 07:26:29 PM
Its the people involved with the CCC who set and ran the fixtures who are the problem rather then just a broad sweeping statement about the county board. There is no doubt that the county manager has to much influence on this minority of people also, i.e.club championship put on ice until Tyrone are out instead of playing during the end of July of mid August at latest.

I'd say Harte is a lot better at accomadating club fixtures than other county managers. I think he is used as an easy enough target in this. The issues this year included Tyrone's run to the league final and the fact they got so far through the qualifiers which makes it difficult. No matter who was managing the county the club championships would not have been played in late July or early August this year. Tyrone had games nearly every week up to the quarter final on 3rd August. Then they had the semi final 3 weeks later. It would have been difficult to fit in a full round of club championship in this timeframe and unfair on the county players. An early round of fixtures is the only way of guaranteeing them prior to Tyrone's exit.

hugh the root

Kerr Jordan and Scullin could'nt organise a piss up in a brewery.Disband the CCC and let people with an IQ over 80 organise the fixtures.Tyrone football is in the doldrums.Mugys book tells a lot about the mindset of coiste tir eoghain.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: Redhand Santa on December 10, 2013, 08:08:35 PM

I'd say Harte is a lot better at accomadating club fixtures than other county managers. I think he is used as an easy enough target in this. The issues this year included Tyrone's run to the league final and the fact they got so far through the qualifiers which makes it difficult. No matter who was managing the county the club championships would not have been played in late July or early August this year. Tyrone had games nearly every week up to the quarter final on 3rd August. Then they had the semi final 3 weeks later. It would have been difficult to fit in a full round of club championship in this timeframe and unfair on the county players. An early round of fixtures is the only way of guaranteeing them prior to Tyrone's exit.

What is evidently clear from all your posts that you are firmly in the county team corner, therefore club issues doesn't really matter to you, that is based on reading your posts. Some one from a purely county team coloured glasses would argue the points you have made. If you had the club and county team interests you would try an accommodation. The 1st round of the championship being played in May, early June puts the club, which represents a massive group of people, in a weak position. Anyone who is involved at club (which you don't sound like you are, cause I couldn't see reference to club activity in your posts) level knows once you go out of the championship, your club suffers, so keeping all involved to August shouldn't be misunderstood on how important it is. The question that should be asked is why Kerry can play their club games during a run to an All Ireland and we can't?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on December 11, 2013, 09:27:57 AM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on December 10, 2013, 08:08:35 PM

What is evidently clear from all your posts that you are firmly in the county team corner, therefore club issues doesn't really matter to you, that is based on reading your posts. Some one from a purely county team coloured glasses would argue the points you have made. If you had the club and county team interests you would try an accommodation. The 1st round of the championship being played in May, early June puts the club, which represents a massive group of people, in a weak position. Anyone who is involved at club (which you don't sound like you are, cause I couldn't see reference to club activity in your posts) level knows once you go out of the championship, your club suffers, so keeping all involved to August shouldn't be misunderstood on how important it is. The question that should be asked is why Kerry can play their club games during a run to an All Ireland and we can't?

what is your major issue with playing an early round in the championship?
as far as i can see with the current inter county format, it is the only workable solution.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either