Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

everymanaman

No other county in Ireland has anything remotely like the service provided by teamtalk. A very professional site which covers a vast array of gaelic games throughout Tyrone. Long may it last

Knock Yer Mucker In

No doubt Team talk provide a fantastic service, but Gromley wasn't even Carrickmores player of the year never mind Tyrone Club football player of the year, very embarrassing.

Wee Roddy

In my opinion he was and so must a lot of others I doubt. The only problem wiht these things is the voting can often be split between clubs, for example some Clonoe men and woman might have voted for PJ Lavery, some perhaps McCalisky, some Dwayne Quinn. Do you see my point? Gormley is a god around our part of the world and everyone would have voted for him. We were always very good at preferred voting in our part of the world and vote early and vote often  ;)

Up The Middle

FFS Gormley in my opinion single handidly dragged Carmen to a county final, to say he wasn't even Carrickmores best player is doing him a serious injustice. I would say if you asked 100 people who player of the year was they would be pretty close between him and Colly Doris, but Gormley would get the nod because he is more high profile than Doris. As Roddy states he is worshipped around Carmen and a lot of other places in the county. However they are the 2 best in Tyrone in my opinion, both would leave massive voids in both teams when they decide to call it a day.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

bigtogs

Quote from: Wee Roddy on December 02, 2013, 02:54:26 PM
In my opinion he was and so must a lot of others I doubt. The only problem wiht these things is the voting can often be split between clubs, for example some Clonoe men and woman might have voted for PJ Lavery, some perhaps McCalisky, some Dwayne Quinn. Do you see my point? Gormley is a god around our part of the world and everyone would have voted for him. We were always very good at preferred voting in our part of the world and vote early and vote often  ;)

I have no bother with connor gormley getting club player of the year was between him Colly Doris and Pj and the player i possibly would have chosen Plunkett McCallan who never even got an all star.I think teamtalk services to club football in this county is fantastic and would rather have their services (with an odd flaw) than not have it all.Well done to all concern it is great to see club players getting recognised not another club in all of ireland has this unique banquet..

Knock Yer Mucker In

Shocked at these two club mates posts. Gromley got destroyed in the semi V Moy and was average at best in the final. Infact he was a spare man for most of it, with their corner back marking Coney. Both Doris and Lavery were top performers in the biggest of games in the club season.

Mc Conville V Big Dan, in championship terms it's a non starter of a debate, says it all I guess.

The debate is not about Team talks service, that's not in dispute at all.

bigtogs

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on December 02, 2013, 07:22:41 PM
Shocked at these two club mates posts. Gromley got destroyed in the semi V Moy and was average at best in the final. Infact he was a spare man for most of it, with their corner back marking Coney. Both Doris and Lavery were top performers in the biggest of games in the club season.

Mc Conville V Big Dan, in championship terms it's a non starter of a debate, says it all I guess.

Certainly if i had off been choosing i would have givin it too Colly Doris!!

LeoMc

Shocked at these two club mates posts. Gromley got destroyed in the semi V Moy and was average at best in the final. Infact he was a spare man for most of it, with their corner back marking Coney.Both Doris and Lavery were top performers in the biggest of games in the club season.

So right away the Clonoe vote is split!

blackball

I was at the county final and gormley was a class act, I don't know what game you were watching!

Colly Doris was still player of the year IMO

John Mcconville only got one game in the championship so not a fair comparison, he was far and away ardboes best player in their last 3 games. Hard to say who deserved it when you don't see all the games they play, just a few high profile ones.

Knock Yer Mucker In

The high profile ones? The games that actually matter i.e. The championship for feck sake

blackball

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on December 02, 2013, 11:32:40 PM
The high profile ones? The games that actually matter i.e. The championship for feck sake

I think they try to base the club all stars on the whole seasons football, not just 4 games in the championship. You can't fault them for trying to share them out between players from different clubs in different divisions.

LeoMc

Quote from: blackball on December 03, 2013, 11:28:38 PM
Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on December 02, 2013, 11:32:40 PM

I think they try to base the club all stars on the whole seasons football, not just 4 games in the championship. You can't fault them for trying to share them out between players from different clubs in different divisions.
Is it not a public vote?

God14

It is indeed a public vote.

In fact there were 53,500 votes form the public cast to decide the make up of the all star 15 players, from the initial 45 players nominated by teamtalkmag.

bigtogs

Quote from: God14 on December 04, 2013, 08:49:03 AM

In fact there were 53,500 votes form the public cast to decide the make up of the all star 15 players, from the initial 45 players nominated by teamtalkmag.

I wonder if the lad who got fullback from loughmacrory had have got most votes would he have got player off the year..would he be high profile enough??

God14

Quote from: bigtogs on December 04, 2013, 09:07:04 AM
Quote from: God14 on December 04, 2013, 08:49:03 AM

I wonder if the lad who got fullback from loughmacrory had have got most votes would he have got player off the year..would he be high profile enough??

Bizarre question that. Why would we question the integrity of the teamtalkmag.com vote?
Even then, its hardly on the back pages of the Irish news that Conor Gormley was voted club player of the year. So I don't comprehend the 'high profile' favouritism theory at all.