Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wee Roddy

Hardly fadinng rrhf. Beaten in the semi final last year by the eventual champions in a game they should of won. They lst 1 league game until they were put out of the championship, then the thing went to hell because they couldnt win it. Expectations are high in Carmen at the minute. We have 3 county seniors, 2 more who played senior county football but opted out and 4 under 21s with all ireland minor medals in their pocket. Add in the fading players that you talk about and the average age is about 26.
But yes Corrigan wasnt a popular choice and there are those would blame him for the defeat to Errigal. Barney will brink his characteristics too the park!

supersarsfields

Clubmen Fiachra Woods and Mickey Rodgers appointed as Senior managers for Drumragh for 2013.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: KIDDO 4 on January 19, 2013, 10:06:37 PM
Tyrone leagues set to commence April 14th , the division1 national league semi finals are also scheduled for the same day , with the All Ireland U21 semi finals scheduled for Sat April 20th , hopefully we may have an excuse to hold back the commencement off the internal club leagues, though national league final Sunday April 28th, All Ireland u21 final Sat May 4th and Ulster senior championship SundayMay26th, all could delay the leagues we hope.

There isnt enough facepalms in this world for that post.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: KIDDO 4 on January 19, 2013, 10:06:37 PM
Tyrone leagues set to commence April 14th , the division1 national league semi finals are also scheduled for the same day , with the All Ireland U21 semi finals scheduled for Sat April 20th , hopefully we may have an excuse to hold back the commencement off the internal club leagues, though national league final Sunday April 28th, All Ireland u21 final Sat May 4th and Ulster senior championship SundayMay26th, all could delay the leagues we hope.

R u for real, truly pathetic.

The Golden Years

Quote from: Wee Roddy on January 23, 2013, 08:09:18 AM
Hardly fadinng rrhf. Beaten in the semi final last year by the eventual champions in a game they should of won. They lst 1 league game until they were put out of the championship, then the thing went to hell because they couldnt win it. Expectations are high in Carmen at the minute. We have 3 county seniors, 2 more who played senior county football but opted out and 4 under 21s with all ireland minor medals in their pocket. Add in the fading players that you talk about and the average age is about 26.
But yes Corrigan wasnt a popular choice and there are those would blame him for the defeat to Errigal. Barney will brink his characteristics too the park!

I have to agree with Wee Roddy here, my expectations are high for the up coming year.  Get back big oz back out and on side, as i dont think KD is up to the task (good shot stopper, but all round game can be very poor at times) and get benny mc Laughlin home from down under and my expectations would be even higher.  Glad to see wee barney get his chance, something that Wee Roddy will love, after all, he is his son. ;)

rrhf

:D
When you put it like that wee Roddy there is as much in there as there might be in any club thats going for it.  Plus there will be a renewed determination to show the best side of Carmen and put the pride back in the club after the last couple of years.  It will make for a half decent league this year too. 

Walter Cronc

Quote from: rrhf on January 22, 2013, 04:22:31 PM
Bringing Corrigan back during a recession with a fading team always seemed strange. Id say there was a few who werent happy.  Be interesting to see wee Barney back in there, future county manager along with Monroe perhaps? 

Corrigan is off to Clontibret as far as I know!

bigtogs

Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 24, 2013, 04:55:15 PM
Bringing Corrigan back during a recession with a fading team always seemed strange. Id say there was a few who werent happy.  Be interesting to see wee Barney back in there, future county manager along with Monroe perhaps? 

Could be the case..i know for a fact a clonoe man was contacted by clontibret last week but knocked them backto stay with Maghery in Armagh!!!!

winghalfback

Quote from: bigtogs on January 24, 2013, 11:19:38 PM

Could be the case..i know for a fact a clonoe man was contacted by clontibret last week but knocked them backto stay with Maghery in Armagh!!!!

Your hardly giving much away there bigtogs

bigtogs

Quote from: winghalfback on January 25, 2013, 12:20:28 AM

Corrigan is a good man all the same surprised he is gone frm carmen unlucky against Errigal in semi last year!!! Carrickmore will be there or thereabouts the year the have a decent panel...

Gaffer

Quote from: winghalfback on January 25, 2013, 12:20:28 AM

I heard the Clonoe man was in the picture frame alright! for Clontibert
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

MCO

Wasn't overally impressed with Mickey Harte's article yesterday in the Irish News implying that the current gaelic football model, in the form of its playing rules,doesnt need tampering. Forgetting about the 'mark' and a couple of other rule change suggestions currently under consideration, the issue of cynical and systematic fouling is definetly a problem and will dictate the outcome of many games. Many Tyrone club games are blighted by same in my opinion, would affect those less balanced teams which may have one or two players head and shoulders above their teammates, any thoughts?

The Golden Years

Stopped reading mickeys column a long time ago  Find it quite boring.  He just seems to write about the same stuff every week, be it rule changes, the compromise rules or the railway cup.  Very Repetitive.

orangeman

Well done Cookstown.

All Ireland final coming up.

red knight

beragh new manager is Fergal Quinn dromore