Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersarsfields

Quote from: clarshack on January 12, 2013, 08:01:17 PM
would anyone have a division 3 league table from 2004? its the only one we don't have on our website.

And it's an important one!!  :D

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Fuzzman on January 14, 2013, 12:16:38 PM
Does Declan McCrossan still play for ye Norf?

Nah- He could injured a couple of years back and don't think he'll make it back. Still trains the out time, and still leaves the rest of the boyos in his wake!  :D
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

clarshack

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 13, 2013, 05:09:41 PM
Try emailing the Tyrone herald clar. We were in Div 2 that year!

thanks norf, will do.

The Trap

Does anyone have any insight into when the powers that be are planning to start the club leagues this year? Have there been any meetings on the issue? Is the championship going to be held back like in previous 2 years?

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: The Trap on January 15, 2013, 01:08:58 PM
Does anyone have any insight into when the powers that be are planning to start the club leagues this year? Have there been any meetings on the issue? Is the championship going to be held back like in previous 2 years?

I would like to think that the format of the club championship remains exactly as iy is, it perfec. It is also the preferred format of many Ulster counties, because it is designed to ensure league football is meaningful with 90% of league games played prior to the championship, your student  and young players do not leave and go abroad also ensuring your club players are developing due to proper league games, it also creates a club championship period that we call all identify and finally the format really prepares the championship winner for the Ulster club

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on January 15, 2013, 01:16:57 PM
Quote from: The Trap on January 15, 2013, 01:08:58 PM

I would like to think that the format of the club championship remains exactly as iy is, it perfec. It is also the preferred format of many Ulster counties, because it is designed to ensure league football is meaningful with 90% of league games played prior to the championship, your student  and young players do not leave and go abroad also ensuring your club players are developing due to proper league games, it also creates a club championship period that we call all identify and finally the format really prepares the championship winner for the Ulster club

Maybe there'd be some argument in this if the fixtures weren't so messed up over the summer anyway meaning players are more likely to go away anyway and possibly even be back for the championship. I can see both sides of the argument. Though there definitely is more interest in the 1st round games when they're played earlier in the year. Crowds are better and generally there is a chance of half decent weather.

Either way the leagues must run much smoother this year. I'd also like to see more club games from June to August even if it is another competition. Just something to keep the players interested. Don't see why the u21 championship couldn't be played in the summer too. You might miss a few Tyrone panelists but you miss far more players come November when university is on.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: Redhand Santa on January 15, 2013, 01:23:15 PM

Maybe there'd be some argument in this if the fixtures weren't so messed up over the summer anyway meaning players are more likely to go away anyway and possibly even be back for the championship. I can see both sides of the argument. Though there definitely is more interest in the 1st round games when they're played earlier in the year. Crowds are better and generally there is a chance of half decent weather.

Either way the leagues must run much smoother this year. I'd also like to see more club games from June to August even if it is another competition. Just something to keep the players interested. Don't see why the u21 championship couldn't be played in the summer too. You might miss a few Tyrone panelists but you miss far more players come November when university is on.

Eh? The past two seasons we had 12 of our league games played by the 10 July, with the 1st round of the championship in the last week of July. Can you explain to me how that is messed up?

A better chance of decent weather for the first round. FFS its had been played in the last week of July the past two seasons, thats the best weather your going to get. :o

EC Unique

We played 4 Championship games in Tyrone this year and all were dry. The current format is fine.

time ticking away

any word on club management this year, is OHagan staying on, what about Cassidy at Clonoe. Heard Brian Gormley is taking Carrickmore. Any others ?
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on January 15, 2013, 03:42:56 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on January 15, 2013, 01:23:15 PM

Eh? The past two seasons we had 12 of our league games played by the 10 July, with the 1st round of the championship in the last week of July. Can you explain to me how that is messed up?

A better chance of decent weather for the first round. FFS its had been played in the last week of July the past two seasons, thats the best weather your going to get. :o

There was plenty of games played by July again last year but don't think the rest of the season ran as smoothly. Getting the rest of the league played seemed to drag on with a lot of clubs having no football for a lot of weeks. This included the reserve teams meaning to a lot of teams not having enough players later in the year. Some clubs even stopped training from memory. I think more regular games are needed and the leagues finished quicker. Especially the reserves which could be played away - there's no reason the league fixtures couldn't be set in stone and kept to for it.

I was thinking the championship started September but it did get going in late July/August. However, this was only as a result of Tyrone being knocked out early. If they go well it could easily be September before it gets going. I personally think there's more interest in it when it starts earlier in the year (similar to the league games which seem to be better attended in spring) and before Tyrone get knocked out. I believe that this is the reason for the county board wanting it earlier as attendances were better. April/May is a more attractive time for football than September/October in my opinion. Though I can see the other side of the argument and understand being knocked out early is bad for morale and keeping players.

caraghtyrone

I know fixtures are a thankless job and cant please everyone but take div 2 last year......
10 teams from 2nd bottom to 7th Place (missed promotion by 1pt) YET the IMPORTANT games where played in October an play offs in November when weather and pitch conditions hamper quality football that the fixture deserves? Surely theres some way of preventing this for everyones benefit.

Boghopper

Six of our senior players have announced they intend to travel to the USA and Canada over the summer thats us fcuked! Division 3 2014 looks very likely!

clarshack

Quote from: Boghopper on January 17, 2013, 08:42:58 AM
Six of our senior players have announced they intend to travel to the USA and Canada over the summer thats us fcuked! Division 3 2014 looks very likely!

what months are they travelling? if it's only july and august they'll not miss that much football tbh. a few games maybe going by previous years.

blewuporstuffed

i heard that the league isnt starting to 14th april thsi year  ???
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Boghopper

The earlier the league starts the better, I would be in favour of playing all League games then on alternate weeks play championship and League play off games. That way teams who have nothing to play for can relax instead of this carry on of training from February to November.