Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Club Rossa

Looking good for Carmen already Roddy ;)

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: EC Unique on February 12, 2014, 10:11:44 AM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on February 11, 2014, 11:31:54 PM
There could be a few Errigal men in America this Summer, could be a long one at home for them!  ;)
Should be a clinker of a game!

You could be right but this time last year nobody gave us a chance against Dromore. The lads now know what level they have to be at for the first round. (whenever that may be!).

Errigal are calling home the troops from OZ though, A few of those guys would be first team material i would imagine.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Tyrone Gaa

Tie of the round is without doubt Cookstown vs Ardboe!!!  After the league game last year this is sure to be a heated encounter.  The winner of this tie will fancy themselves against Moy or Moortown providing there is 4 weeks between the 1st round and Quarter Final to allow the suspensions to clear up  :P :P

Errigal vs Clonoe is obviously a massive game but I think the Cookstown - Ardboe game will show the men from the boys
Living the dream!!!

smort

I think after last season Cookstown vs anyone would be heated

Wee Roddy

Tie of the round regardless of whats heated or not is Clonoe versus Errigal..FULL STOP

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Wee Roddy on February 12, 2014, 11:55:35 AM
Tie of the round regardless of whats heated or not is Clonoe versus Errigal..FULL STOP

Exactly.  Tyrone GAA losing the run of himself.

blewuporstuffed

A good draw all round in senior with alot of ties that are hard to call.
clonoe v errigal the obvious big one.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Man Marker

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on February 12, 2014, 02:14:30 PM

agreed, but Omagh v Coalisland is a serious draw also. Ardboe and Cookstown is one to look forward to after Cookstowns behaviour last year towards Ardboe in the league as well as a lot of teams will ensure a tasty game. Clonoe and Errigal must be wondering what they did to deserve the draw they got taking that the winners should play Dromore next. Two good teams eliminated in that threesome. Carrickmore I'm sure can't believe their luck. They avoided all the big teams the past year to get to the final, and this years draw, jammy B......s. lol

Mikhailov

Quote from: Man Marker on February 12, 2014, 02:20:23 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on February 12, 2014, 02:14:30 PM

agreed, but Omagh v Coalisland is a serious draw also. Ardboe and Cookstown is one to look forward to after Cookstowns behaviour last year towards Ardboe in the league as well as a lot of teams will ensure a tasty game. Clonoe and Errigal must be wondering what they did to deserve the draw they got taking that the winners should play Dromore next. Two good teams eliminated in that threesome. Carrickmore I'm sure can't believe their luck. They avoided all the big teams the past year to get to the final, and this years draw, jammy B......s. lol

Admittedly Carmen have got the plum side of the draw this time but last year was different despite what you say. 1st round was v Cookstown who were flying at that time and were quietly fancied by some people, in quarter final they played Fianna who are 1 of the top sides and then Moy who had a great season so they by no means had it easy. Yes, it was easier than the run of games that clonoe had to play but it wasn't a case of avoiding all the big teams.... this year is different and everyone will look at their own chances and see that after round 1 4 big teams will be gone ( EC or Clonoe / Omagh or Fianna / Dromore or KC / Ardboe or Fr.Rocks) so a chance for a surprise packet in the semis - when is the first round date. No doubt we will get 10 days notice or something crazy like that...MH wouldn't play any games at 10 days notice at county level......!!

Club Rossa

Carrickmore 10/3
Clonoe 4/1
Coalisland 9/2
Dromore 9/2
Errigal 6/1
Omagh 15/2
Ardboe 12/1
Cookstown 20/1
Moy 20/1
Eskra 25/1
Eglish 33/1
Donaghmore 40/1
Killyclogher 50/1
Augher 50/1
Strabane 66/1
Moortown 66/1

blewuporstuffed

Eskra are 25/1  :o

half the price of kilyclogher??

Club Rossa

They're playing the favourites too.I'd be no John McCririck but how does that work out??

Wee Roddy

10/3 for any team in February to win the O'Neill Cup regardless of the draw is ridiculous. This past number of years can anyone really say that the fancied the team that won it very strongly before the season began. Eskra at 25s and Cookstown only at 20s seems strange as well. That has to be a mistake. Strabane should have beaten them last year only for a bad goalkeeping error and they are 66/1

EC Unique

Gona have to have a wee punt at 6-1 ;)

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: EC Unique on February 12, 2014, 04:16:33 PM
Gona have to have a wee punt at 6-1 ;)

Its a good bloody price, if I had any sense I would do it myself as well.