The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: EC Unique on January 07, 2013, 06:00:31 PM
Quote from: Hound on January 07, 2013, 02:22:53 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on January 07, 2013, 02:01:34 PM
Why, what did he say? I was watching it and didn't really hear anything outrageous, other than maybe he's not a Liverpool fan and was always going to be critical of such a goal. Did he say anything other than the usual 'Suarez will again be in the headlines' shite that Sky routinely come out with as well? He, and Waddle, were very complimentary of Liverpool's play in the first half in fairness.
Champion called him a cheat. From memory the quote when the replay was shown was something like "that's the work of a cheat".

I thought John Barnes comment afterwards was very funny.
"Thierry Henry did something very similar for France v Ireland in an important world cup qualifier, and nobody called Henry a cheat;D

It would be funny if it were true but there were plenty calling Henry a cheat including plenty on here.

You did not get up very early this morning EC, did you?

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Bingo on January 07, 2013, 04:27:29 PM
Howard Webb for Sunday  :-X

Since our 4-1 victory at OT, we've played them 4 times, Webb has been ref for 3 of those. This will make it 4 out of 5. We haven't won since the 4-1. Fergie is consistent if nothing else  ;)

Liverpool due a win in Old Trafford, Luis Suarez to score the winner?

J70

Why, what did he say? I was watching it and didn't really hear anything outrageous, other than maybe he's not a Liverpool fan and was always going to be critical of such a goal. Did he say anything other than the usual 'Suarez will again be in the headlines' shite that Sky routinely come out with as well? He, and Waddle, were very complimentary of Liverpool's play in the first half in fairness.
Champion called him a cheat. From memory the quote when the replay was shown was something like "that's the work of a cheat".

"Thierry Henry did something very similar for France v Ireland in an important world cup qualifier, and nobody called Henry a cheat;D

It would be funny if it were true but there were plenty calling Henry a cheat including plenty on here.

The hysteria and collective loss of perspective was one of the finer moments of recent Irish history!

supersub

Don't think Suarez should have owned up at all. That's ridiculous. He knew himself that it might not be given and didn't over celebrate it and can clearly see from his expression walking away that he knew it shouldn't have been given, he wasn't trying to cheat them out of anything. The worst thing about the incident was John Champion's reaction, at the time I thought I was hearing things - made such a big deal out of it for someone supposed to be impartial. That's the work of a cheat'....disgraceful comment.

Oh and for those UTD fans who are bad mouthing Suarez cheating/handling the ball....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opFbmi_We8U

what's the difference??
I can only see one, Vidic 100% did it intentionally.

deiseach

Quote from: J70 on January 07, 2013, 07:02:10 PM
The hysteria and collective loss of perspective was one of the finer moments of recent Irish history!

True enough. I like to think I kept my sense of perspective at the time - definitely recall pointing out how Robbie Keane twice handled the ball in normal time and had the cheek to complain to the ref when he was penalised - but I'm sure I said something I probably regret now!

Muck Savage

Quote from: supersub on January 08, 2013, 04:15:04 PM
Don't think Suarez should have owned up at all. That's ridiculous. He knew himself that it might not be given and didn't over celebrate it and can clearly see from his expression walking away that he knew it shouldn't have been given, he wasn't trying to cheat them out of anything. The worst thing about the incident was John Champion's reaction, at the time I thought I was hearing things - made such a big deal out of it for someone supposed to be impartial. That's the work of a cheat'....disgraceful comment.

Oh and for those UTD fans who are bad mouthing Suarez cheating/handling the ball....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opFbmi_We8U

what's the difference??
I can only see one, Vidic 100% did it intentionally.

It's not Suarez's place to tell the Ref he handled it. The players job is to win games while pushing the limits of the rules, it the same as any player from any club diving in the penelty area and getting a penelty - no one expects them to tell the Ref it's not a penelty. Same here, he got away with it similar to others diving - move on. The only thing I would say is Suarez obviously as thick as two short planks, he should have known kissing his hand was only going to pile unwanted attention onto him and the club.
The Mansfield town chairman is making a clown of the club by looking for replays etc. It's the very same as that John "foxtail on his head" Delaney looking for an extra spot in the world cup for Ireland after the Henry handball. Stop crying and get on with it. Until TV reviews are brought in for stuff like this it's part of the game, so understand that.

Remember everyone was over the moon when Maradona did the hand of God and pissed when Henry did the same trick on us so it's the game. How many of these Handball things get missed vs. the number of dives that get missed and cause games to change direction - thats a bigger isses and no-one every asks for a replay.

deiseach

Quote from: Muck Savage on January 08, 2013, 05:17:06 PM
The only thing I would say is Suarez obviously as thick as two short planks, he should have known kissing his hand was only going to pile unwanted attention onto him and the club.

Hadn't thought of that and it's a good point. I mean some cop-on would have been nice.

Bingo

Quote from: deiseach on January 08, 2013, 05:29:47 PM
Quote from: Muck Savage on January 08, 2013, 05:17:06 PM
The only thing I would say is Suarez obviously as thick as two short planks, he should have known kissing his hand was only going to pile unwanted attention onto him and the club.

Hadn't thought of that and it's a good point. I mean some cop-on would have been nice.

Suarez couldn't have won in that position, if he hadn't have done his regular celebration it would have been dressed up as admittance of guilt and cheating.

EagleLord

Agree. Unreal the amount of men saying 'yeah but why did he kiss his hand then, the cheeky cnut! he was rubbing it in!' I just had to ask have you not seen any Suarez goal from last 4 yrs? he kisses his wrist after every single goal. abysmal argument to put across. Idiots ba.

Bingo

The U19s impressed in a 4-1 win over Inter tonight to make it through to last 16 of Next Gen competition. That Ryan McLaughlin lad is a hell of a prospect, all the makings of a first team player at right back. Jordan Ide, yesil and coady also very good.

Super team to watch. Sterling, Wisdom and Morgan would also qualify to play if not comitted elsewhere.

laoislad

Robbie Fowler reckons young  Jordan Rossiter is gonna be a huge talent.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Bingo

Quote from: laoislad on January 08, 2013, 09:33:01 PM
Robbie Fowler reckons young  Jordan Rossiter is gonna be a huge talent.

Seen that. Talk about putting pressure on the lad with his comparison  :o

Minus15

Who did he compare him with Bingo?

Bingo

Main Street

Quote from: J70 on January 07, 2013, 07:02:10 PM

Henry deliberately moved his hand a couple of times to control the ball, therefore he 'cheated' the rules of the game.
The ball hit Suarez's hand, he knocked it in. His crime, apparently, is that he did not own up afterwards to the ref. He did not deliberately move his hand to the ball.
There is a difference.