Ulster Senior Football Final 17th July - Derry v Donegal

Started by tbrick18, June 26, 2011, 09:27:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Quote from: thebuzz on July 14, 2011, 12:38:46 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on July 14, 2011, 12:27:10 PM
I think this ticketing this is a bit of a joke! This is the first time I ever heard of restrictions like this for who goes where at a match.
I dont get the reasoning behind it at all.

Does anyone know if tickets will be on sale in Clones before the match?

The chance of Derry and Donegal being a sell out are slim so I would guess there will be plenty of tickets available on Sunday outside the pitch.

donegal lad

I think this ticketing this is a bit of a joke! This is the first time I ever heard of restrictions like this for who goes where at a match.

I think you will have no problem getting tickets at clones on Sunday they have reported that 30000 tickets have been distributed but with this whole mess up with tickets i would be surprised if this figure was right why do they have to charge the u16s anyway they got free into croke park in certain areas for last weeks leinster final

Denn Forever

Maybe it is a dry run for Wahataboutery's idea of a few days ago?

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=19712.0
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

dubai2000

anyone know what part of the ground the hill terrace is?

is behind goals or opposite main stand

J OGorman

Quote from: dubai2000 on July 14, 2011, 01:43:51 PM
anyone know what part of the ground the hill terrace is?

is behind goals or opposite main stand

opp the gerry arthurs stand, above the open terrace seating

tyrone86

There haven't been any ulster finals in the recent past where you could get student tickets or u16 tickets for the terrace. u16s usually got family tickets for £4/ €5 in the Eastern stand for or the corner of the McGrane while students had to pay full whack wherever they went in the ground.

donegal lad

Quote from: tyrone86 on July 14, 2011, 02:01:06 PM
There haven't been any ulster finals in the recent past where you could get student tickets or u16 tickets for the terrace. u16s usually got family tickets for £4/ €5 in the Eastern stand for or the corner of the McGrane while students had to pay full whack wherever they went in the ground.
what exactly is the point in this post when they have offered student and u16 tickets for the terrace and have put these tickets out for sale then both students and u16 should have the right to choose which section of the terrace they go to u16 were aloud into the hill for the tyrone donegal semi final only 3 weeks ago what was different in terms of h&c then

ross4life

Quote from: EC Unique on July 14, 2011, 12:43:56 PM

The chance of Derry and Donegal being a sell out are slim so I would guess there will be plenty of tickets available on Sunday outside the pitch.

I was at the 2006 Ulster final in Croke park & the crowd Donegal brought to that game would fill Clones on their own.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

sheamy

Quote from: donegal lad on July 14, 2011, 04:01:58 PM
Quote from: tyrone86 on July 14, 2011, 02:01:06 PM
what exactly is the point in this post when they have offered student and u16 tickets for the terrace and have put these tickets out for sale then both students and u16 should have the right to choose which section of the terrace they go to u16 were aloud into the hill for the tyrone donegal semi final only 3 weeks ago what was different in terms of h&c then

It's very simple donegal lad. They are incompetent. Completely and utterly devoid of common sense. The Ulster council run many excellent programmes and initiatives but they sure cannot run a series of gaelic games fixtures. The programmes look nice though.

JHume

Hard to bate the Donegal whinging about the terrace tickets for U16s.

It was all over the radio here yesterday morning, with some people complaining that it's unfair asking U16s to pay to attend the final given that they've got in free until now! I kid you not. Only in Donegal could free admission for U16s up to the semi-finals be thrown against the Ulster Council.

Moaning minnies the lot of them.

A couple of U16 lads in my club have got student terrace tickets (€10) and I'll eat my keyboard if they're turned away.

donegal lad

Quote from: JHume on July 14, 2011, 04:40:28 PM
Hard to bate the Donegal whinging about the terrace tickets for U16s.

It was all over the radio here yesterday morning, with some people complaining that it's unfair asking U16s to pay to attend the final given that they've got in free until now! I kid you not. Only in Donegal could free admission for U16s up to the semi-finals be thrown against the Ulster Council.

Moaning minnies the lot of them.

A couple of U16 lads in my club have got student terrace tickets (€10) and I'll eat my keyboard if they're turned away.
any people i know who ordered u16 tickets for the terrace havent complained about having to pay for the ticket it was the fact that they didnt clear up the issue of were in the terrace the u16s could go i cant understand why it was ok for an u16 accompanied by an adult could go to the hill 3 weeks ago for the semi final but cant go to the hill for the final due to h&c what has changed in this time 

Goldengreen

looks like it might be an attempt to get the stand full so it looks well on the TV

JHume

The Tyrone game wasn't all ticket. This game is. That's what has changed.

There were 18,000 people at the semi-final, there'll be upwards on 30,000 at the final.

If the kid is close to 16, he or she will have no problem getting onto the Hill, albeit they'll have to buy a student ticket at €10.

The capacity of Navan has been reduced by several thousand because it's an all ticket game. That's what happens when games become all ticket. It has happened at Ballybofey often enough too.

Doogie Browser

I think 30k would be optimistic, 20-25k at best I would say.

donegal lad

Quote from: JHume on July 14, 2011, 05:07:53 PM
The Tyrone game wasn't all ticket. This game is. That's what has changed.

There were 18,000 people at the semi-final, there'll be upwards on 30,000 at the final.

If the kid is close to 16, he or she will have no problem getting onto the Hill, albeit they'll have to buy a student ticket at €10.

The capacity of Navan has been reduced by several thousand because it's an all ticket game. That's what happens when games become all ticket. It has happened at Ballybofey often enough too.
you optimistic if you think there's gonna be upwards of 30000 at it i would be surprised if there is more than 25000 at it but it wasnt the size of the crowd i was on about there was no way for the ulster council knew how many were gonna be at the tyrone donegal semi for all they knew the hill could of been full and was no word of h&c for u16s if you ask me it is there way of trying to get parents to go to the open seating and pay 25 euro for them and get the u16 ticket for the fiver