Ulster Senior Football Final 17th July - Derry v Donegal

Started by tbrick18, June 26, 2011, 09:27:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donegal lad

Quote from: sheamy on July 15, 2011, 10:55:10 AM
Quote from: ONeill on July 14, 2011, 09:46:55 PM
No team news from Derry  - is that usual?

none from Donegal either
jim will probably not name his team to very near the game would be surprised if it changed a lot from the one that played against tyrone maybe hegarty will start this time

Over The Last

Anticipating a very tight game with two well matched sides. From a derry prospective it's been refreshing to see a bit of fight in the team this year, that is the Brennan factor. in years gone by when things were nt going their way on even trailing by a couple of points the team's body language was terrible,as if they were trailing by ten points. Skinner missing out is very unfortunate but for this particular game guessing Donegal would really have got numbers around him,it opens the door for someone else to step up.
Space will be at a premium but the accuracy of gilligan,lynch, kielt and probably o'Boyle could keep derry ticking over.

I'd like to say derry funnel a few men back as against armagh it was heart and mouth stuff everytime the ball went in to Clarke and McDonnell. i think they will. Sean leo or Gerard are the men to follow mark mc hugh all over the pitch, and put him on the back foot when they get the chance, both comfortable ball carriers and can push on.i'd go for Sean Leo.

PJ McCloskey is a very capable player for derry around the middle and could well be used as men tire.

Very close, but providing Derry get a decent supply at midfield i think they will squeeze through.
Derry 1.14 Donegal 1.12

Here's hoping for no puke football(or to a premium at least), may the best team win!  :)

leaveherinsir

Roll on Sunday, pissin rain on the hill and Derry winning Ulster!!
Im hoping Eoin Bradley's injury wont overly influence the Derry performance, no doubt Donegal would have had a man (or two) hangin off him the whole game, trying to frustate him. The winning of this game would have come down to the influence of other players even if Bradley had been fit, imo.
Would be somewhat ironic if Derry do win Ulster and both the Bradley's are not on the field. Given there has always been an element of people who said Derry would do better without them.
Will take a one point win!! C'mon Derry!!

ONeill

ALthough Bradley would've had men hanging out of him this Sunday and may not have scored as heavily, he still attracts 2-3 defenders on the ball so his absence will be sorely missed.

I think Donegal have better players in most areas -

Donegal 0-7
Derry 0-6
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

DennistheMenace

Whilst donegal are defensive I'd wager alot of money Derry will score more than 6 points with players like Gilligan, Muldoon and Lynch on the pitch. It won't be pretty but it doesn't matter in finals, especially when you haven't been in one in a life time.

LostInSpace

Do you need tickets for this or can you just pay in at the gate?

donegal lad

Quote from: LostInSpace on July 15, 2011, 07:30:01 PM
Do you need tickets for this or can you just pay in at the gate?
its an all ticket game but tickets will be on sale in clones on sunday at the bottom of the hill from the ticketmaster van

squire_in_navy_slacks

weres joe brolly these days??? have not seen him on the sunday game in while..............miss the oul divil

Any craic

See a short video from Ballinderry Shamrocks last night. The place is buzzing. 'My daddy is going to score the goals for Derry' - http://tiny.cc/c9uct

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Any craic on July 16, 2011, 09:27:12 AM
See a short video from Ballinderry Shamrocks last night. The place is buzzing. 'My daddy is going to score the goals for Derry' - http://tiny.cc/c9uct

deets wont be denying that boy anyway  :D
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

doire legend

FERDIE

Is it true that Martin McHugh [ar*****e] has been helping with the Donegal training?

Club Rossa

While the loss of Eoin Bradley is an undoubted blow i still think Derry will prevail by 3 or 4 points.

Lecale2

Coupon for Free £5 bet on 1st goal scorer in Irish News. Any tips?

This will be a real tactical battle with Donegal pulling everyone behind tjhe ball and trying to hit Derry on the break. Derry have the player to score from long range and even without Bradley they can win this by 2.

Maybe Derry 0-12 0-10 Donegal? No goal scorer.

snippets

I fancy Derry on this.  Donegal against Tyrone in the first half were awful and to be honest with a better team out we would have been home and hosed by the break.  Im disappointed for skinner.  If Donegal play the same game I fancy Derry to rack up a sizeable lead which when they pile the big guns forward in the second half could be too much to overcome.  I think they deserve it too for the better performances they have put in.  there - I said it. 
this bus aint gonna drive itself.