Ulster Senior Football Final 17th July - Derry v Donegal

Started by tbrick18, June 26, 2011, 09:27:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Are they many in the North that can't get TV3?
Will their website showing it live?
http://www.tv3.ie/live.php

Can ye access this in the North?

I hope the one thing Derry learn on Sunday is NOT to keep running into the Donegal defensive wall trying to break the tackle. To me this is what teams who play this system thrive on and it keeps them motivated when they turn over possession this way.
Then they get the ball and break at pace with your attack now a spent force
I think its better to shoot from distance and have wides rather than spill the ball on their half back line.

Tyrone have made this mistake v Cork in 2009 and v Dublin last year.

sheamy

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 13, 2011, 01:44:09 PM

I hope the one thing Derry learn on Sunday is NOT to keep running into the Donegal defensive wall trying to break the tackle. To me this is what teams who play this system thrive on and it keeps them motivated when they turn over possession this way.
I think its better to shoot from distance and have wides rather than spill the ball on their half back line.

Were Tyrone turned over that much last year? I didn't think so but could be wrong. I thought they got through Dublin's defence easy enough. Every kick out was short which meant their retained possession all the time. The only thing beat them was the wides - exact same as a couple of weeks ago v Donegal.

Agree 100% with your point though. That system thrives and depends totally on turnovers.

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

J70

Quote from: sheamy on July 13, 2011, 02:09:02 PM

Were Tyrone turned over that much last year? I didn't think so but could be wrong. I thought they got through Dublin's defence easy enough. Every kick out was short which meant their retained possession all the time. The only thing beat them was the wides - exact same as a couple of weeks ago v Donegal.

Agree 100% with your point though. That system thrives and depends totally on turnovers.

Tyrone lost a lot of possession that way in the second half against Donegal, not least for the winning goal. Not so much in the first half, but then they were shooting from a long way out, mostly racking up wides, instead of trying to walk the ball through.

Goldengreen

seen this on Hogan stand:
- U16 are allowed in the terrace behind the town end goal with an accompanying adult but Adults only and students are not allowed.
- Students and Adults are allowed in the hill but no U16's
- Everyone allowed in the seating

ross4life

It's hard to believe 19 years has passed since Donegal's last Ulster title, Derry twice & Armagh three times have beaten them in finals since but i believe Jim McGuinness will be the man to end that long wait on Sunday.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

donegal lad

Quote from: Goldengreen on July 13, 2011, 05:45:02 PM
seen this on Hogan stand:
- U16 are allowed in the terrace behind the town end goal with an accompanying adult but Adults only and students are not allowed.
- Students and Adults are allowed in the hill but no U16's
- Everyone allowed in the seating
If this is the way they are doing the ticketing setup even tho I've ordered a student ticket i will be getting an adult ticket because i always go behind the goals every game I'm at

Goldengreen

just got this email from our club, seems to be a right mess up:

A Chairde,

I am just off the phone with the administrator's office regarding the ticket situation. They have told me that they are under serious pressure due to the mix-up over the U-16 Terrace ticket issue. Having been told this morning that I could put together a new order for tickets for those still to order, they have backtracked ever so slightly on that saying now that "they will do their best to fulfil these new orders but cannot guarantee that they will be able to". Normally – I would do my nut, but this isn't of their making but rather it seems the Ulster Councils failure to make it clear that u-16's wouldn't be allowed into the Terrace as they previously had been.

I have been busy this afternoon allocating the tickets that we have received so far and it seems at this point, not all our previous order was fulfilled. They have asked me to e-mail them  a list of those that did order (on time!!) but have not received their tickets and also to send them in the new order for tickets and that they would "do their best" to get these fulfilled "but no promises."

Blowitupref

Without Eoin Bradley Derry will be down at least 5pts. Any team that holds Tyrone to just 9 points (7 from play in 70mins) has to taken seriously & i think it will be a closer game than the league match between the two however i feel Donegal will win again.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

J OGorman

Quote from: Goldengreen on July 14, 2011, 12:42:07 AM

A Chairde,

I am just off the phone with the administrator's office regarding the ticket situation. They have told me that they are under serious pressure due to the mix-up over the U-16 Terrace ticket issue. Having been told this morning that I could put together a new order for tickets for those still to order, they have backtracked ever so slightly on that saying now that "they will do their best to fulfil these new orders but cannot guarantee that they will be able to". Normally – I would do my nut, but this isn't of their making but rather it seems the Ulster Councils failure to make it clear that u-16's wouldn't be allowed into the Terrace as they previously had been.

I have been busy this afternoon allocating the tickets that we have received so far and it seems at this point, not all our previous order was fulfilled. They have asked me to e-mail them  a list of those that did order (on time!!) but have not received their tickets and also to send them in the new order for tickets and that they would "do their best" to get these fulfilled "but no promises."

goldengreen..we were allocated hill terrace tickets through the club. My kids coming , under 16. Should I be trying to switch to a town end terrace ?

maddog

Wexford were pretty bad for it against Dublin as well, would run straight into the man and then spill the ball. How their management couldnt see this is beyond me.

J OGorman

Quote from: J OGorman on July 14, 2011, 09:57:06 AM
Quote from: Goldengreen on July 14, 2011, 12:42:07 AM

A Chairde,

goldengreen..we were allocated hill terrace tickets through the club. My kids coming , under 16. Should I be trying to switch to a town end terrace ?

getting a couple of town end terrace tickets tonight and offloading the hill terrace

donegal lad

2 of our group had to change their terrace tickets from student ticket to adult tickets so can stay in a group together know its only a fiver more to do this but for one of them this will be like his 13th or 14th donegal game this year already which is a large expense to an unemployed student

tbrick18

I think this ticketing this is a bit of a joke! This is the first time I ever heard of restrictions like this for who goes where at a match.
I dont get the reasoning behind it at all.

thebuzz

Quote from: tbrick18 on July 14, 2011, 12:27:10 PM
I think this ticketing this is a bit of a joke! This is the first time I ever heard of restrictions like this for who goes where at a match.
I dont get the reasoning behind it at all.

Does anyone know if tickets will be on sale in Clones before the match?