SOmething to help the atmosphere at games (Segregation)

Started by Thewhataboutery, July 03, 2011, 12:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewhataboutery

I know must people will probably think i am trying to wind people up with this but i think if there were segregation it would greatly help the atmosphere at matches. You could have an section for both sets of fans and then if you did not want to sit or stand at either end you could move into the middle section where there was no segregation. You would have 2 groups singing songs helping to boost the atmosphere at games. BTW i suggest this as i think there is a huge problem with the atmosphere at most championship games it does not exist.

Views?

Thewhataboutery

Hold on a  second the Dubs on the Hill is a perfect example of what can be achieved ! Why can't it always be like this?

omagh_gael

Quote from: Thewhataboutery on July 03, 2011, 01:12:13 PM
Hold on a  second the Dubs on the Hill is a perfect example of what can be achieved ! Why can't it always be like this?

The dubs on the hill are a good reason to prevent segregation!

Nally Stand

Id rather watch the matches - If you want to sing songs, go to a Man Utd/Celtic/Liverpool match!
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Hardy

SHEEDY

the best way to get a decent atmosphere is to get people in the gate. a big crowd, a decent match and the atmosphere go hand in hand. look at the match in killarney as the perfect example.
nil satis nisi optimum

ziggysego

Quote from: Nally Stand on July 03, 2011, 01:52:38 PM
Id rather watch the matches - If you want to sing songs, go to a Man Utd/Celtic/Liverpool match!

+1
Testing Accessibility

EagleLord

Segregation is something the GAA has never done, quite unique in sport. Separating 2 large crowds of supporters would just cause a big Us vs Them kind of feeling. Far rather sit all together and a bit of banter among the crowd. Your as likely to sit beside an arsehole fellow supporter as a rival arsehole supporter anyway.

ballinaman

Quote from: EagleLord on July 03, 2011, 04:28:19 PM
Segregation is something the GAA has never done, quite unique in sport. Separating 2 large crowds of supporters would just cause a big Us vs Them kind of feeling. Far rather sit all together and a bit of banter among the crowd. Your as likely to sit beside an arsehole fellow supporter as a rival arsehole supporter anyway.
04 final Hill 16 was split between Kerry and Mayo, section B behind the goal and A by the Cusack, didn't really understand why. Wouldn't say the GAA has never done it either, Canal end V Hill 16 was split for finals before the redevelopment of canal end sure.

Rossfan

Quote from: SHEEDY on July 03, 2011, 02:55:44 PM
get people in the gate. a big crowd, a decent match and the atmosphere go hand in hand.

absolutely 100% true.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Kerry Mike

40K in Killarney today. No trouble great banter and if. f**king big no to segregation.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Ard-Rí

That'd look great in the O6 - Even when nationalists come together they have to be segregated!
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

Bogball XV

Quote from: Ard-Rí on July 03, 2011, 09:16:11 PM
That'd look great in the O6 - Even when nationalists come together they have to be segregated!
yeah, you'd never see any bother at irish league games.