Ulster Senior Football Final 17th July - Derry v Donegal

Started by tbrick18, June 26, 2011, 09:27:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone86

Quote from: donegal lad on July 14, 2011, 04:01:58 PM
Quote from: tyrone86 on July 14, 2011, 02:01:06 PM
There haven't been any ulster finals in the recent past where you could get student tickets or u16 tickets for the terrace. u16s usually got family tickets for £4/ €5 in the Eastern stand for or the corner of the McGrane while students had to pay full whack wherever they went in the ground.
what exactly is the point in this post when they have offered student and u16 tickets for the terrace and have put these tickets out for sale then both students and u16 should have the right to choose which section of the terrace they go to u16 were aloud into the hill for the tyrone donegal semi final only 3 weeks ago what was different in terms of h&c then

The point of the post was dry your f**king eyes and be thankful you're getting any reduced rates. Jesus, you'd nearly think you got to finals every year!

As JHume states, if a u16 wants to go to the Hill they can buy a student ticket. The Hill is (and always has been) much, much more popular than the O'Duffy for all tickets games so it makes sense for the Ulster Council to do it this way.

donegal lad

Quote from: tyrone86 on July 14, 2011, 06:21:56 PM
Quote from: donegal lad on July 14, 2011, 04:01:58 PM
Quote from: tyrone86 on July 14, 2011, 02:01:06 PM
There haven't been any ulster finals in the recent past where you could get student tickets or u16 tickets for the terrace. u16s usually got family tickets for £4/ €5 in the Eastern stand for or the corner of the McGrane while students had to pay full whack wherever they went in the ground.
what exactly is the point in this post when they have offered student and u16 tickets for the terrace and have put these tickets out for sale then both students and u16 should have the right to choose which section of the terrace they go to u16 were aloud into the hill for the tyrone donegal semi final only 3 weeks ago what was different in terms of h&c then

The point of the post was dry your f**king eyes and be thankful you're getting any reduced rates. Jesus, you'd nearly think you got to finals every year!

As JHume states, if a u16 wants to go to the Hill they can buy a student ticket. The Hill is (and always has been) much, much more popular than the O'Duffy for all tickets games so it makes sense for the Ulster Council to do it this way.
do you not think im happy for getting reduced prices and i never once complained about the price of any tickets in my post because i think it is reasonably priced for an ulster final after all i was going to games as a student and paying full whack for years my point was about the fact they didn't inform people until the Tuesday/Wednesday before the final about these restrictions and i still dont understand why students who have bought terrace tickets must go to the hill they say the restrictions are because of h&c how is this   

armaghniac

Quotedo you not think im happy for getting reduced prices and i never once complained about the price of any tickets in my post because i think it is reasonably priced for an ulster final after all i was going to games as a student and paying full whack for years my point was about the fact they didn't inform people until the Tuesday/Wednesday before the final about these restrictions and i still dont understand why students who have bought terrace tickets must go to the hill they say the restrictions are because of h&c how is this 

Well,l I hope you are not a student of English! Ulster-Scots perhaps?

These kind of arrangement exist in Croke Park where family tickets are in the Davin Stand etc. But, as always, they should have made them clear well in advance.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

donegal lad

Picked up on tickets tonight for gerry arthur stand which is the terrace behind the goal and the u16 ticket we received was only 1 euro just wondering if anyone else has been charged the same or was it just my club that did this 

Will Hunting

Quote from: ONeill on July 14, 2011, 09:46:55 PM
No team news from Derry  - is that usual?

The week before an Ulster Final? Very usual.

Hoof Hearted

sure team sheets on a thursday night now mean f**k all
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

tbrick18

Quote from: Will Hunting on July 14, 2011, 10:33:45 PM

The week before an Ulster Final? Very usual.

There's a club Derry BBQ on the night and I'd guess they want to name the team at it.

ONeill

From BBC - Derry say there will be no team announcement ahead of Sunday's Ulster football final.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

GAA_Punter

SportsNewsIRELAND podcast 15/07/11
On today's show, Colm Daly talks British open golf with ryder cup hero, christy o connor jr and provincial football finals with all ireland winners John O Mahony from Mayo and Declan Bonner from Donegal.
http://www.sportsnewsireland.com/video/sportsnewsireland-podcast-150711/

sheamy

tbrick18

Everybody must be nervous as nobody is posting today!
So I'm gonna put my neck on the block.....head saying Donegal, heart saying Derry.

I'm going to predict a tight and tense game and then Derry to run riot in the last 15 with the introduction of Fergal Doherty a key turning point and Derry to win by 4!

Come on tey fook Derry!

Doire Abu!!!

JHume

No Donegal team announced yet, but I expect it will be along these lines.

Paul Durcan
Karl Lacey
Neil McGee
Paddy McGrath
Frank McGlynn
Anthony Thompson
Kevin Cassidy
Rory Kavanagh and Martin McElhinney
Ryan Bradley
Michael Hegarty
Mark McHugh
Patrick McBrearty
Michael Murphy
Colm McFadden

Lots of talk about Rafferty being too injured to train. If he's fit, he'll start in place of McElhinney.
Other midfield options would be Neil Gallagher and Eamon McGee.

jodyb

Quote from: tbrick18 on July 15, 2011, 01:18:34 PM
Everybody must be nervous as nobody is posting today!
So I'm gonna put my neck on the block.....head saying Donegal, heart saying Derry.

I'm going to predict a tight and tense game and then Derry to run riot in the last 15 with the introduction of Fergal Doherty a key turning point and Derry to win by 4!

Come on tey fook Derry!

Doire Abu!!!

Carlsberg dont do Ulster finals........ But if they did......... :)