An Lú vs Tír Eoghain 19/07/2008

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, June 16, 2008, 08:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

So what your saying is that you have no evidence and therefore you can not "absolutely guarantee"?

orangeman

Thanks for that ML - If you zoom in you can see a tin shed - is that the stand ? 

ONeill

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on July 16, 2008, 02:30:35 PM
I hope the county board keep records of the number of tickets that clubs order for games like this. It might not matter this year but it would be useful if we're involved in big championship games in the future. In 2005 it seemed like every supporter in Tyrone without a ticket had been to "every game all year". Just goes to show how many lpeople there are in Tyrone that will tell lies.

Jaysus TD, 80% of your posts are obsessing about attendances.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Quote from: rrhf on July 16, 2008, 12:00:18 PM
This is going to be great championship drama - its as it should be Tyrone V Louth in a small home partisan pitch - atmosphere piped through the PA.  Intimidatation and sneers to the Northern tourists from the programme seller to the burger man(and hes from Meath).  Expect to come out to have at best your car clamped or at worst semi submerged in the dark water pits at the bottom of the local quarries - its how it should be. A great experience for supporters and its what tchampionship GAA should be about - home venues, roofless toliets.
Forget about the size of the ground its the pitch size that counts and by my last check Tyrone generally beat Louth on regulation sized football pitches.
But theres so much more to this, yes only diehards will get tickets but they will get to see a champianship make or break game from  the red hand army.  A perfomance capable of withstanding local, intense championship battle the way it used to be. Get in to the ground early walk down to the fence, open out your shoulders, poke your nose through the wire as you did 20 years ago and hold on tight for the hour .... if you want a wee bring a lucozade sport bottle if you are really stuck.  Louth need a win , Tyrone need to perform and win. Tis unthinkable that this could be Mickey Hartes last game in charge, but where Tyrone to slip it would surely be.  I hope, trust and am prepared to believe once again that these guys can deliver, that they can take us back to a final, that they can begin to perform at the level that we all believe they are capable of.  That they are worthy of keeping their young and hungry heirs to the jerseys on the bench and in the stands. It mean everything to be a Tyrone man this weekend, we are going for a minor Ulster championship 2 in a row and we are going for Louths jugular where ever they want us, we will go, knuckle down, stuck in and take them --- return the hospitality, so to speak, and maybe next time they will turn on the hot water for the showers.     

Just thinking, Monaghan men could really upset us on two fronts this weekend!

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: ONeill on July 16, 2008, 06:38:01 PM
I hope the county board keep records of the number of tickets that clubs order for games like this. It might not matter this year but it would be useful if we're involved in big championship games in the future. In 2005 it seemed like every supporter in Tyrone without a ticket had been to "every game all year". Just goes to show how many lpeople there are in Tyrone that will tell lies.

Would say that post is more a comment on your average county fan rather than attendances. Just dont understand how people who claim to be fans cant be bothered going to a see their county play in a knockout championship match and will then shout the most if they dont get a ticket later on about how good a supporter they are.

In relation to the game theres no reports of any new injuries. The excuses have gone, its time to deliver. Would be great to see the experienced players like McGuigan discover their old form.

ONeill

If this was Down playing Louth, I'd be confident the Mourne county would come out with a result so we really should be winning this. However, we have been dumped out by Laois and Meath in recent seasons, in Leinster, so it's a bit nervy. I'd heard recently that only 17 players attended a training session within the last fortnight for one reason or another and with Dromore's refusal one week to release their players for county duty, we're not going at this as one. Yet, one win and the snowball can build.

ONeill

Harte looking to regroup against Louth
16 July 2008

Tyrone manager Mickey Harte has admitted that he is looking forward to how his side regroups this Sunday when they travel to Louth on Saturday.

After the Red Hands' shock exit to Down in the Ulster SFC last month, the Tyrone boss that his charges face a test in Drogheda against a side who have proven themselves in the Qualifiers to date.

Speaking about the match on Saturday, Harte stated: "It will be interesting to see how we regroup and play to the best of our ability again. If we can do that, then who knows what is possible?"

Twice an All-Ireland winning manager, Harte acknowledged that the Wee County will be no more a pushover for his side than they were two years ago.

"Louth are a decent side. They have done well in the Qualifiers, in fact I think last year they played more games than Kerry, who won the All-Ireland.

"So they know the route of the Qualifiers well, and they have beaten some decent teams on their way to doing that."

Hoganstand.

Tyrone Dreamer

What odds of Peter Donnelly playing midfield? I think its unlikely but you never know with Harte. He came on the last day and may actually have started the 06 game if I remember right. It wouldnt shock me if he was named in the middle with McGinley but personally I hope not.

ONeill

Harte seems to whip Donnelly on occasions like this although with Cavanagh/Hughes/Holmes/McGinley/McMahon fighting fit, surely he's way down the pecking order.

Louth Exile

McEneaney unhappy over reduced capacity

Louth manager Eamonn McEneaney has hit out at the fact that the capacity for Saturday's All-Ireland football qualifier against Tyrone at Drogheda has been set for just 4,500.

It means that the Wee County, who have had to play their 'home' championship matches at Navan and Parnell Park in the recent past, will have less than 2,000 supporters at the eagerly-awaited tie which is a repeat of the 2006 clash that Tyrone won after a replay.

"I strongly feel that the various agencies have gone overboard on the health and safety issue," he said.

"If this match was played 13 or 14 years ago, the capacity would have been set at 13,000 or 14,000. In fact, when Louth played Kildare in the championship in 1991, there were 14,000 people at the game.

"Louth football people are very excited about the fact that we have home advantage on this occasion. But only about 1,900 will be able to get tickets for the game because Tyrone are entitled to a similar allocation and the rest will go to Croke Park."

http://www.hoganstand.com/Louth/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=98283
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Fear ón Srath Bán

Getting close to the team-time. Perhaps what MH will pick, but not necessarily what I'd like to see (though not far away):

1. Mc Connell
2. Mc Menamin
3. Justy Mc Mahon
4. Mc Gee
5. D Harte
6. Gormley
7. Jordan
8. Mc Ginley
9. S Cavanagh
10. Dooher
11. B Mc Guigan
12. Mellon
13. Penrose
14. T Mc Guigan
15. Mc Cullagh

With Joe Mc Mahon, Mulligan, Mulgrew, C Cavanagh, Carlin, Mc Caul, Quinn etc., on the bench.

Taking a chance with both Penrose and Mc Cullagh inside, but reckon he'll give it a go initially.

Quote from: Louth Exile on July 16, 2008, 10:27:53 PM
McEneaney unhappy over reduced capacity

That'll teach him with his shoebox tricks!  ;)

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

tyrone86

Is there actually any terracing at the ground or is it a throwback to the good auld days and 3 grassy slopes along with the stand?

Louth Exile

Quote from: tyrone86 on July 16, 2008, 10:39:23 PM
Is there actually any terracing at the ground or is it a throwback to the good auld days and 3 grassy slopes along with the stand?

You have it in one  ;)
We like to think that it is intimate and nostalgic
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

tyrone86

Quote from: Louth Exile on July 16, 2008, 10:43:44 PM
Quote from: tyrone86 on July 16, 2008, 10:39:23 PM

You have it in one  ;)
We like to think that it is intimate and nostalgic

Ah holy shi'ite, I'll have to borrow a pair of wellies from some of the lads that went to oxygen

Fishbat

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on July 16, 2008, 07:08:03 PM
Quote from: ONeill on July 16, 2008, 06:38:01 PM

Would say that post is more a comment on your average county fan rather than attendances. Just dont understand how people who claim to be fans cant be bothered going to a see their county play in a knockout championship match and will then shout the most if they dont get a ticket later on about how good a supporter they are.

In relation to the game theres no reports of any new injuries. The excuses have gone, its time to deliver. Would be great to see the experienced players like McGuigan discover their old form.

But surely you should be happy theres not as many looking for tickets therefore the super dooper mega supporters get to go? no?

much better to have 5000 at Clones for an Ulster final, than 35000?  sure the 30000 sunshiners don't count - tell them to feck off home - see how long the whole thing lasts