An Lú vs Tír Eoghain 19/07/2008

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, June 16, 2008, 08:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Sean Cavanagh is usually the winning of these games against teams lower down the 'rankings'. If he plays to form, like his 15 min midfield cameo against Down when Mickey decided to move him out, the team will.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Down Gael

Whats the ticket situation like for Drogheda?

Fuzzman

I think we've lost that HUGE workrate that we used to have.

There used to be an attitude of never say Die and everybody including the FF line works their socks off
That seems to have gone for a lot of the Shoe in players I have noticed for one reason or another. Maybe niggling injuries.

The last 2 games I've watched players like Gormley and Big Sean lose ther man and not bother or be able to chase back.
Now maybe it is cos it was only June and the attitude seems to be like 2005 where they don't be TOO FIT too early and so peak too soon but the risk with that dangerous tactic is that we no longer have Stevie or PTG to haul us 7+pts.

I'm hoping Tommy McGuigan, Mugsy and one from the rest can form a more potent FF line if we do get into August

Yeah we've maybe lost the 2 best players in the country but we have brought in the 2 McMahons, (Joey more regular we hope now), Tommy, Colm Cavanagh who are all big men and surely Mulgrew will come good at some stage, maybe now he's no longer at 11. Brian McGugian took a year or 2 to settle into CHF as I can remember asking what is everyone talking about.

Mellon seemed to be a man on a mission in Newry and can't for the love of me understand why Harte took him off and put on feckin Hub who he then took off later.
I for one am getting tired of Harte's loyalty to some players and that includes Denephew. If he was any other player ye'd all be slating him.

rrhf

This is going to be great championship drama - its as it should be Tyrone V Louth in a small home partisan pitch - atmosphere piped through the PA.  Intimidatation and sneers to the Northern tourists from the programme seller to the burger man(and hes from Meath).  Expect to come out to have at best your car clamped or at worst semi submerged in the dark water pits at the bottom of the local quarries - its how it should be. A great experience for supporters and its what tchampionship GAA should be about - home venues, roofless toliets.
Forget about the size of the ground its the pitch size that counts and by my last check Tyrone generally beat Louth on regulation sized football pitches.
But theres so much more to this, yes only diehards will get tickets but they will get to see a champianship make or break game from  the red hand army.  A perfomance capable of withstanding local, intense championship battle the way it used to be. Get in to the ground early walk down to the fence, open out your shoulders, poke your nose through the wire as you did 20 years ago and hold on tight for the hour .... if you want a wee bring a lucozade sport bottle if you are really stuck.  Louth need a win , Tyrone need to perform and win. Tis unthinkable that this could be Mickey Hartes last game in charge, but where Tyrone to slip it would surely be.  I hope, trust and am prepared to believe once again that these guys can deliver, that they can take us back to a final, that they can begin to perform at the level that we all believe they are capable of.  That they are worthy of keeping their young and hungry heirs to the jerseys on the bench and in the stands. It mean everything to be a Tyrone man this weekend, we are going for a minor Ulster championship 2 in a row and we are going for Louths jugular where ever they want us, we will go, knuckle down, stuck in and take them --- return the hospitality, so to speak, and maybe next time they will turn on the hot water for the showers.    

Rois

Any chance of someone posting directions to the pitch for Sat?

Coming from the M1.

Tyrone Dreamer

I hope the county board keep records of the number of tickets that clubs order for games like this. It might not matter this year but it would be useful if we're involved in big championship games in the future. In 2005 it seemed like every supporter in Tyrone without a ticket had been to "every game all year". Just goes to show how many lpeople there are in Tyrone that will tell lies.

rrhf

I dont care about that,  if you are a true supporter you always get a ticket, there may be panic but you always get a ticket.  Id much rather have the  2000 solid tyrone supporters on Saturday roaring their hearts out sober than the 20 000 drunken out for the day Armagh  ones in Clones on Sunday. 

corn02

Quote from: rrhf on July 16, 2008, 02:34:32 PM
.  Id much rather have the  2000 solid tyrone supporters on Saturday roaring their hearts out sober than the 20 000 drunken out for the day Armagh  ones in Clones on Sunday. 

Yeah they would have fitted in well with the sc**bag tyrone fans you see in croke park.

rrhf

Corn If id wanted an example id have asked for it.

Will Hunting

Quote from: rrhf on July 16, 2008, 12:00:18 PM
That they are worthy of keeping their young and hungry heirs to the jerseys on the bench and in the stands. It mean everything to be a Tyrone man this weekend, we are going for a minor Ulster championship 2 in a row and we are going for Louths jugular where ever they want us, we will go, knuckle down, stuck in and take them --- return the hospitality, so to speak, and maybe next time they will turn on the hot water for the showers.    

You'll be hoping the umpires are on your side again this year then.  >:( >:(

rrhf

I still maintain that was over the bar, never understood why there was so much fuss.  Great point altogether. 

corn02

You listed an example  of 20,000 drunken armagh fans, I am just saying you could have just listed Tyrone fans as easily because there is as many louts go to Tyrone matches.

rrhf

Just you guys look after Clones town and we,ll keep Drogheda tidy.  We can compare reports and or pictures of any mess or messin' on Monday.  I absolutely guarantee you that proportionately Armagh fans make a bigger mess of a town than Tyrone fans.     

corn02

You must have some evidence there if you can "absolutely guarantee".

rrhf

I can tell you now that theres talk of a spotlight sting operation on wino Armagh fans and some rumours would suggest that theres no better starting point than the Paragon this Sunday morning.  Could make for some interesting viewing.