An Lú vs Tír Eoghain 19/07/2008

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, June 16, 2008, 08:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

I know I am being over critical of him to be fair but I suppose in the games I have saw him this year his passing hasn't been great and from the start on Sat he looked very slow to move and react.

I think his 3 scores were handed to him on a plate but still he took them well and would rather see him getting back to decent form at this stage of the year but my fear is if we are losing some day will Mickey be TOO loyal to him if he's not performing and maybe move Tommy, Sean or Mulgrew in there.

I think Mulgrew might play better at 13 or 15 and then rove back as a 3rd Midfielder/Half forward

I thought Penrose was very good in Omagh and not bad in Newry but was poor on Sat night and with Mugsy coming back I think he'll be the one to lose out next time.
I'd also like to see Gormley get 30 mins in the corner?

Anyone know why Mellon has suddenly turned the corner?
Did he get a kick up the a$$ or is it his own motivation that has him now jumping like a Globetrotter?

orangeman

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 21, 2008, 12:05:27 PM
I know I am being over critical of him to be fair but I suppose in the games I have saw him this year his passing hasn't been great and from the start on Sat he looked very slow to move and react.

I think his 3 scores were handed to him on a plate but still he took them well and would rather see him getting back to decent form at this stage of the year but my fear is if we are losing some day will Mickey be TOO loyal to him if he's not performing and maybe move Tommy, Sean or Mulgrew in there.

I think Mulgrew might play better at 13 or 15 and then rove back as a 3rd Midfielder/Half forward

I thought Penrose was very good in Omagh and not bad in Newry but was poor on Sat night and with Mugsy coming back I think he'll be the one to lose out next time.
I'd also like to see Gormley get 30 mins in the corner?

Anyone know why Mellon has suddenly turned the corner?
Did he get a kick up the a$$ or is it his own motivation that has him now jumping like a Globetrotter?

He's been given a chance - but bigger tests await on Saturday for everybody.

ONeill

An amazing report in the Irish News who are sticking to the 1-18 to 1-10 story. He even claims the missed penalty kick-out was taken from the 20 meaning it was over the bar. It was wide and Devine did not kick it from the 20.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: feetofflames on June 17, 2008, 09:03:29 AM
In my opinion Harte made made a fcuk upo when picking hisa panel this year, and I think he needs to look at who are the current form players in Tyrone.
Harte will probably want to stay on but hes walking no road until he acknowledges his errors
1) Mulligan /  Hughes - thanks and goodbye
2) Analyse the capabilites and potential of the Peter Donnellys, C Gourleys, R Mellons, R Mc Menamins, D Hartes on the paneland ask,  Are they still county standard and better than many club players out there - Surely these guys are now panellists at best.  
3) HArte placed his conviction since 2006 on Raymie Mulgrew and has been proven wrong to the greater extent
4) Mc Cullough had a match saving ball to win and he wouldnt bend for it at the end of extra time.  Bravery should be a prequisite.  
5)  Is Harte picking 2 many small men, old men, yellow men, average men,.
6) He used Gourley in midfield in the championship niot in the league
7) His bizarre on off relationship with Mc Caul - 2 shampionship games - no league football
8) His bizarre restrictions on Sean Cavanangh
9) The body language of Tyrones gretest ever defender Conor Gormley
10) His continual reference to injuries over the last 3 years in the media qualified by "Ill not use that as an excuse."  In the Independent recently  they talked about Paul Quinn / Aidan Mc Carron / Brian Dooher / and Brian Mc Guigans injuries.  Excuse me but the first two were not Tyrone regulars.  When would you hear about injured Kerry players who had played less than an hour for their counties in the national media.  
11) It was Mickeys risk to take but he pinned Tyrone fortunes this year on Dooher and Mc Guigan coming back to full fitness - this was a high risk strategy and it failled, as much in the fact that it failed to deal with and was never going to deal with many of the other problesm that were obvious.  
12) The loss of talent like Steven O neill, Aidan Mc Carron, Niall mc ginn, Shane Sweeney. Declan Mc Crossan - Could they have been managed better, Can they be got back - thats a huge grey area.  
13) The qualifiers could be his last hurrah for the good of Mickey as a person and for Tyrone football which is more important than any one individual. Theres a nuimber of questions he probably needs to address if he is to achieve in the longer teram again..
Tir Eoghain abu  

Leave the managing to Mickey, he know's what he's at.

feetofflames

What a crock of horseshit.  The improvements that Mickey made under my instruction were enough to kickstart the Tyrone revival.  Players needed to hear my harsh realities.  Men like you would have Tyrone in division 3. 
Chief Wiggum

Over the Bar

Quote1) Mulligan /  Hughes - thanks and goodbye

I got to point one of your pub-rant and it told me all I needed to know.   Never drink on an empty head.

QuoteThe improvements that Mickey made under my instruction

The day Mickey Harte starts taking advice from the likes of you is the day he's found wandering the streets with a bottle in a brown paper bag. ;D