An Lú vs Tír Eoghain 19/07/2008

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, June 16, 2008, 08:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louth Exile

Both Dundalk papers have stressed that even children have to have tickets  :P

This is a joke and you would want to be one hard necked steward to stop any kids getting into the ground
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

rrhf

Rois, thanks again - just secured a ticket there. 

Is there a good GAA pub to go to before the game in the vicinity?  A place to fuel our passions.  I remember attending Tyrone Louth games in Drogheda in division 3 in the early 90s.  In one Tyrone went 7 up and then Louth came back and bate us, the bould Pat Butterley playing for Louth.  a youthful Peter Canavan playing for tyrone.     

rrhf

I have a problem with different or alternate opinion being regarded as criticism.  Some people I know think Mickey should move aside and they have apparently very valid reasons for doing so.  Thats their opinion if Tyrone achieve a level that they are capable of this year then Mickey has proven their opinion wrong, but at this stage their opinions needs proving wrong.  I dont think there is any reason for Big Sean to be criticising the field, talking up the manager and criticising the fans on a holiday week before a big game - Blame those who schedule games during a holiday period.   If these comments are his own, and to be fair I doubt it,   I would be concerned and if hes being managed he should be told to stop talking keek.     

Tyrone Dreamer

It doesnt look from that line that Cavanagh is actually criticising the supporters. Just seems to be pointing out that expectations arent as high as normal. He's also entitled to his opinion on Harte just like the numerous people are who criticised him. Dont think this was the time though to be criticising the pitch with the match so close but judging by what others have said he's simply stating a fact and not coming out with the usual media spin that some players tend to do.

In relation to the match a win and decent performance is really needed at this stage. I assume Harte is picking the team tonight and wouldnt be suprised if there's 1 or 2 shocks. He may throw Mulligan straight back in but that would be a gamble so soon after coming back. If Cavanagh is left at full forward it will be interesting to see who partners McGinley in midfield.

rrhf

Listen I would go by Peter O Donnells theory that fans, players and management are and need to be very different animals.  The players need to be focussed on their game plan and nothing else at the moment.     

tyrone86

1. John Devine   Aireagal Chiaráin
2. Ryan McMenamin   An Droim Mhór
3. Justin McMahon   An Omaigh
4. P J Quinn   Baile na Móna
5. Davy Harte   Aireagal Chiaráin
6. Conor Gormley   An Charraig Mhór
7. Philip Jordan   An Mhaigh
8. Ryan Mellon   An Mhaigh
9. Enda McGinley   Aireagal Chiaráin
10. Brian Dooher   Clann na nGael
11. Brian McGuigan   Ard Bó
12. Tommy McGuigan   Ard Bó
13. Martin Penrose   Achadh Uí Aráin
14. Sean Cavanagh   An Mhaigh
15. Colm McCullagh   An Droim Mhór

16. Pascal McConnell  An Baile Nua
17. Dermot Carlin   Coill an Chlochair
18. Colm Cavanagh   An Mhaigh
19. Peter Donnelly   Oilean a'Ghuail
20. Niall Gormley   Trí Leac
21. Ciarán Gourley   An Charraig
22. Colin Holmes   Na Clairsigh
23. Kevin Hughes   Cill Íseal
24. Cathal McCarron   An Droim Mhór
25. Damian McCaul   Domhnach Mór
26. Michael McGee   Loch Mhic Ruairí
27. Joseph McMahon   An Omaigh
28. Raymond Mulgrew   An Chorra Chriochach
29. Owen Mulligan   An Chorra Chríochach
30. Shaun O'Neill   An Droim Mhór
31. Paul Quinn   Aireagal Chiaráin
32. Jonathan Curran   Oilean a'Ghuail

ONeill

That's as strong a squad we've had in years although some on the bench must be short of fitness as they'd be starting. Mellon in midfield - many in the county aren't fans but I am and looking forward to seeing how this pans out.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

tyrone86

Quote from: ONeill on July 17, 2008, 08:42:19 PM
That's as strong a squad we've had in years although some on the bench must be short of fitness as they'd be starting. Mellon in midfield - many in the county aren't fans but I am and looking forward to seeing how this pans out.

Before his virus in 2003, Mellon was absolutely flying at Midfield in the League so he has some form there, even if it is in the past. On current form he couldn't be worse than Hub or Donnelly. Good to see Devine's fitness has improved sufficently to see him take up the No. 1 jersey. From 2-7 what you see is what you get, no complaints. As for the forward line, it's difficult to see both Penrose and McCullagh staying inside - especially considering both are left footers, I'd anticipate a roving role for McCullagh or a switch with Tommy.

Definitely looking forward to it now, time to get some momentum going.

ONeill

Many would argue against that, but it's a good point. PTG's shadow is still hanging over the side, depsite the Ulster title last year. Anyway, got me tickets tonight. What's the parking like?

ONeill

And sure the Louthites will have left with 25 mins to go.

Mr. Nakata

Strong team selected by the beard. Looking forward to this one. Hope it's a nice sunny evening and the red hand are still in the hat for sunday night's draw. Mellon played well before being taken off at the marshes. Great having the engine of McGinley back for this encounter. He was head and shoulders our best player in the first half of the year. The half forward line is one I'm particularly looking forward to see perform. Tommy deserves his start for sure. With a strong bench as well, I have to say I'm extremely optimistic. Roll on Saturday.....

ONeill

To be fair Orangeman, he changed the game against Down, dominated in his last great performance against Cavan in the replay, played a crucial role against Armagh in the semi and scored 1-1 v Kerry in the final.

orangeman

Quote from: ONeill on July 17, 2008, 11:25:28 PM
To be fair Orangeman, he changed the game against Down, dominated in his last great performance against Cavan in the replay, played a crucial role against Armagh in the semi and scored 1-1 v Kerry in the final.

True but are you trying to say that Tyrone wouldn't have won the AI without him ?

Fuzzman

O'Neill start your naked run again but start from Ballygawley this time.

Would the Monastorboice be best place to watch the Derry match?

Might come in at half time for the Junior game

ONeill

Quote from: orangeman on July 17, 2008, 11:27:10 PM
Quote from: ONeill on July 17, 2008, 11:25:28 PM

True but are you trying to say that Tyrone wouldn't have won the AI without him ?

Could never answer that with conviction. We were strongest when he was on the field.