Dublin v Kerry all ireland SF

Started by anportmorforjfc, August 12, 2007, 03:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnevin

Lads please tell me how Kerry got these tickets , clearly a mistake we all know your not allow have them? ::) ::)

Glad this has been put to bed , i'll be saving the link to this thread so when it's claimed Dubs don't a right to the hill all by themselves i can just post its and say shut up you fool.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Billys Boots

No need.  If you're loud enough they'll come looking for you.  Take Spillane for instance.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Tankie

I have to say i am gutted with that defeat yeasterday even tho i did not fancy us to win before the game but i think its only right that we all thank the Dublin footballers for bringing the Dublin fans another great summer in football. I'm also sure our country friends would even be thankful for how they once again light up the sporting summer and also generated a nice few quid for the GAA along the way.

Sure roll on the O'Byrne Cup ;)
Grand Slam Saturday!

ludermor

Fair play Tankie!!!
keep the flag fyling

heffo

Absolutely. Thanks to all the players, Management & backroom team.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on August 25, 2007, 03:40:17 PM
It will be nip and tuck until the last 10-15 mins and then the Yerra men will pull away, bit like the Galway KK match. Expect whoever wins to beat the Langers, this is the AI final 4 me...

Close but no cigar, Kerry pushed for the line too early IMO. Fascinating match though, thoroughly enjoyed it, was regretting not looking for a ticket during the minor game (another cracking match, talk about get out of jail, Laois to win the next day, no. 9 and Donie Kingstone look like they're gonna be some players...). Regarding the ref, no fan of Bannon but he didn't stand out for any bad calls in my eyes, was surprised at Brolly and O'Rourkes reaction at HT.

I've said it before but Dublin will not win an AI with Pillar in charge, 2 to 6 are just not good enough, best corner back didn't get a game all year, bringing on Cosgrove (some laugh at his goal attempt and hitting the post again  :D). There is an AI in Dublin, just not with this manager.

The two new Kerry lads at the back really impressed, esp Killian Young, great ball in for Declan O'Sullivan for the goal (good conducting from the Gooch) and the O'Se's, well what can you say, top class. Great duel between Marc and Alan Brogran. They seem to be weak enough down the center and I'm sure Billy will target them here.

Sheehans 55 was some free, I know the wind slightly favoured him but to get that distance with accuracy off the ground was a thing of beauty, if only we didn't have to listen to McStay wetting himself...

Kerry still have some improving to do to win the final, but I've no doubt they will.

Quote from: Hound on August 26, 2007, 10:46:55 PMMy heart goes out to Whelo, and I pray that Val Andrews, or whoever it is we get as our new manager, can persuade him to give it another go. With him, we'd have a decent chance next year. Without him we've no chance. But listen, Dublin GAA has never looked after Whelan (certainly not the way other top counties look after their better players). He's had to move out as far as Westmeath to find an affordable house, and its so tough to expect a bloke with a young family to travel that distance day in day out. I'm so sorry the Dublin team in recent years wasnt good enough to make full use of the abilities of both Whelan and Sherlock.

Where about in Westmeath has he moved to? Will he be playing for his local club do you know???
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

magpie seanie

In fairness some of the best players and a dedicated buch and bring great colour to the championship but did you need another thread for this?

Billys Boots

Come back Armagh, all is forgiven.  :P

his holiness nb

Dont worry Seanie we wont be having many more for a few months soon enough  :(
Ask me holy bollix

Billys Boots

You'll need to get that team of lawyers out looking for him Croí!  ;)

ludermor

There are plenty of counrty players living in dublin and they make the journey home ;)

Hardy

Quote from: heffo on August 27, 2007, 02:10:25 PM
Absolutely. Thanks to all the players, Management & backroom team

You mean there are MORE of them back there in addition to the few dozen who were out front yesterday?

And I must say I found the sight of the 6-man brains trust indulging in a group hug for the duration of the national anthem a bit cringe-making. That's another first, as far as I know and for some reason I had an instant image of ould Brezhnev and the rest of the politburo and the way they used to kiss each other way back then.

Dont Matter

Kerry 1-15 Dublin 0-16
It's really sweet to look at that score and smile in the knowledge that the stinking Dubs are out. Players like the Brogans, Keaney and Cullen must be feeling dejected today after their defeat and all I can do is laugh.  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

orangeman

Look lads - ok - the nutritionist wasn't targeted and it was tongue in cheek - but these incidents DID happen - Pillar hit Morrison ( or whatever term you want to use ) - the Dubs arnhe continually goading / riling the opposition - fact - What I am saying and will continue to say is that Dublin are a very good side but their tactics HAVE NOT SERVED THEM WELL. There is no need to create a siege mentality when you have got a good panel of players, so why do it ? I think the tactics are wrong - let the players enjoy the game a bit more and relax a little, Then and only then will you see the Dubs take the AI - I believe they will win an AI but not with the present mindsets -

Agree ?