Dublin v Kerry all ireland SF

Started by anportmorforjfc, August 12, 2007, 03:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quotethe hands on the face during the late collision yesterday was more than a bit cynical.

I thought so too until I saw the replay and saw his head hopping off the ground when he fell.

orangeman

Will Pillar be retained - do the Dubs fans want a change or do they enjoy all this carp every Sunday - the battle of Omagh was the start of it - started by a faily civil lad whose personality has been changed for the worse - Alan Brogan. Pillar set his stall out that day and decided that Dublin needed a nasty mean streak -

I think Dublin have great footballers who can win an AI but not with Pillar and not with these negative directions.

heffo

Quote from: orangeman on August 27, 2007, 12:26:29 PM
Will Pillar be retained - do the Dubs fans want a change or do they enjoy all this carp every Sunday - the battle of Omagh was the start of it - started by a faily civil lad whose personality has been changed for the worse - Alan Brogan. Pillar set his stall out that day and decided that Dublin needed a nasty mean streak -

I think Dublin have great footballers who can win an AI but not with Pillar and not with these negative directions.

Pillar has been offered another year.

Check your facts re "Battle of Omagh" - the first incident in that game was when a free was awarded to Dublin after a cynical foul and McMenamin ran in & punched Derek Murray - check the video

orangeman

Heffo - this was the biggest sporting specatacle that on that weekend last year - and your manager went out and hit an old man who was minding his own business - was this sensible - Pillar showed himself up that day to be a wolf in sheeps clothing and the veil dropped for good that day. Any resepct he had was lost with that "shoulder" charge - straight out the Garda crowd control text book.

GalwaySham

QuoteWith regard to the referee, the experts concluded that he had a decent game - if that is the case ( which I don't think it is ) then what was O'Rourke on about at half time - he said that the people could be forgiven for saying that Bannon was playing for Dublin. And then Brolly in the after match analysis said that Bannon would have to hold up his hand and adit that he had a poor game.

4 hours later ( and without doubt a phonecall from Fr. Seamas Gardiner ) Bannon had a good game.

Come off it. Wise up and call it as it was - Bannon was shite - lost the plot and played for Dublin the whole game.

Dublin NEEDED an AI and Bannon tried to deliver it.

Can you specify instances where he made wrong decision?

I thought he was ok, made a couple of iffy ones but nothing major

southdown

Quote from: Gnevin on August 27, 2007, 11:28:34 AM
Quote from: orangeman on August 27, 2007, 11:21:44 AM
The Brogan have really bought into this goading stuff big time - big time egos - Keep Pillar as manager ??? No way kick the whole lot of them out and get somebody decent in ? This is the member of the Garda who assaulted John Morrison in last years semi final isn't it ?? And they got what they deserved in that game too - their dung home in a bag !!!!! Long may they reign !
So orangemuppet a team/player has been giving you abuse all game  do you

a) Punch the lad
b) Do nothing a look like your scared of him
c) Remind the fella where you done your talking

Answers on a post card please .

Heres my answer on a postcard Gnevin:

Well it was Declan O Sullivan who got the worst of the goading by Cullen.  Declan took none of the above options.  Instead he scored 1-03 from play, scored the vital score of the game and picked up a man of the match award.  I bet Brian Cullen wouldnt be just as cocky this morning now would he?

orangeman

Pillar sent the troops out to do battle that day from the first whilstle as he had decided that the only way to win an AI was by historic, barbaric and stoneage methods of coaching - soften them up and you'll beat them in the end. It doesn't work - but for the negativity I'd love to see Dublin win the AI  - they have the players but under the current management set up, they haven't the temparament.
For God's sake, Jayo has been turned into a anaimal - roaring and shouting - this isn't Jayo - Jayo is a nice decent lad but he let himself down y'day. Why ? Cos he has been told to go out and behave in this manner. I bet you he feels that he made an idiiot out of himself y'day. Deep down. Even though few Dubs will admit this - this is the truth.

orangeman

Southdown - I reckon that given the crazy mindsets that the Dublin team now have, that Brian Cullen in his own warped sense of footballing reality, would still think that he was 110% right in what he did.

Whenever they see that all of this crap is counterproductive, they'll realise that they have possibly thrown away an AI. But first of all the manager needs to be told this and he can pass this on to the players.

orangeman

Seriously, there's no need to rub it in.

heffo

Quote from: orangeman on August 27, 2007, 12:35:31 PM
Pillar sent the troops out to do battle that day from the first whilstle as he had decided that the only way to win an AI was by historic, barbaric and stoneage methods of coaching - soften them up and you'll beat them in the end. It doesn't work - but for the negativity I'd love to see Dublin win the AI  - they have the players but under the current management set up, they haven't the temparament.
For God's sake, Jayo has been turned into a anaimal - roaring and shouting - this isn't Jayo - Jayo is a nice decent lad but he let himself down y'day. Why ? Cos he has been told to go out and behave in this manner. I bet you he feels that he made an idiiot out of himself y'day. Deep down. Even though few Dubs will admit this - this is the truth.

Bollox - the bad vibes had started from the league game in Healy Park the previous year, when Tyrone engaged in all sorts of antics to get an edge

Dressing rooms locked, cold water, stewards/thugs shadowing Dublin mentors and plenty of other crap.

Do you deny or accept that McMenamin threw the first punch?

heffo

Quote from: orangeman on August 27, 2007, 12:30:31 PM
Heffo - this was the biggest sporting specatacle that on that weekend last year - and your manager went out and hit an old man who was minding his own business - was this sensible - Pillar showed himself up that day to be a wolf in sheeps clothing and the veil dropped for good that day. Any resepct he had was lost with that "shoulder" charge - straight out the Garda crowd control text book.

Minding his own business? Are you for real? Him and his fellow mercenary in crime were roaring abuse at the Dublin medic - the picture was all over the papers the next morning

Have you got some morbid obsession with Dublin or something?

his holiness nb

Quote from: orangeman on August 27, 2007, 12:30:31 PM
and your manager went out and hit an old man who was minding his own business

Orangeman you talk some shite boyo
Ask me holy bollix

Billys Boots

QuoteLiam knows his stuff

There is very, very little evidence of that!
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

his holiness nb

Quote from: orangeman on August 27, 2007, 12:22:07 PM

Dublin NEEDED an AI and Bannon tried to deliver it.

Jesus lads, even when we lose ye moan about the ref favouring us, by my calculations on this site thats every single game this year in which the referee favoured Dublin according to the Gaaboard majority.
Or are ye just paranoid  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

orangeman

The point I'm making to you Heffo is that Pillar sent the boys out to do battle from that day forward - they have continued to display this nasty streak ever since - so the Tyrone laegue game wasn't just a one off - this was a statement of intent from Dublin from that day onwards and so this is how it has developed.

What about the mild mannered Jayo ( tv personality / presenter ) to the man who was rnating and raving and goading the opposition y'day ?