Dublin v Kerry all ireland SF

Started by anportmorforjfc, August 12, 2007, 03:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynchbhoy

Quote from: orangeman on August 27, 2007, 03:30:42 PM
No disrespect Lynchboy but I think the footballing year has not been great - the hurling has been brilliant.
its obv open to personal opinion and perspective.

I really enjoyed the Dub v Meath games, the meath resurgence, the Cork v kerry munster final, some of the football played in the qualifiers between some of the teams being pure football (as opposed to the 'puke' football that is lazily applied to some games and teams - and allegedly pioneered by the 70's Kerry team ;))
The Monaghan games, the Louth performances even Derrys run of good form.
The only down side was the blip for some of the talented sides that should have been better like Donegal, Armagh, Tyrone and Laois.

Maybe I am easily pleased as a football obsessed fan.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Billys Boots on August 27, 2007, 02:22:15 PM
You'll need to get that team of lawyers out looking for him Croí!  ;)

They're otherwise engaged making sure the draw is rigged for next year so that we don't have to play in any more wind tunnels  ;D

When we corner him we'll put him out to stud in the Greville...  :P
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on August 27, 2007, 03:40:57 PM

They're otherwise engaged making sure the draw is rigged for next year so that we don't have to play in any more wind tunnels  ;D

get him to stay clear of the greville - in case he ends up with one of them ugly donkeys that seem to live in the place (on sat nights)

Jinxy

This is getting a bit pathetic at this stage. Dublin people love their football just as much as anyone else. No one was sneering at Laois when Dublin beat them in the LF, even though ye carried on whinging for a month or so afterwards. Move on FFS.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Maguire01

and we really don't need another thread.

heffo

Quote from: Bensars on August 27, 2007, 03:36:47 PM
You seriously cant blame a incident early on for what transpired thereafter.

Its no excuse plain and simple.

As I said earlier, Tyrone set the bad feeling for the way they carried on in the game the year before.

The consensus among anti-Dubs seems to be that Dublin started the agression - I was simply pointing out that Tyrone behaved on that day, the same way they had done since Harte took over.

Dublin responded in kind.

Have you rowed back in your assertion that McMenamin threw the first punch?

Bensars

sorry i dont who the individual you are refferring too  :D

heffo

Quote from: Bensars on August 27, 2007, 03:49:51 PM
sorry i dont who the individual you are refferring too  :D

I'll take that as a withdrawal of your previous comment so  ;)

Jinxy

Quote from: screenexile on August 27, 2007, 03:33:02 PM
I wouldn't blame any of the players at all for your defeat... you don't have the quality within the county to win the top prize. McConnell, Casey, Griffin (roasted the last 2 games!), Moran (not a HF), Cahill, Jayo (not anymore anyway) and Vaughan are not up to scratch and that is too many passengers for any team to carry when trying wo win an All Ireland, for all this talk about the management using wrong tactics etc. I personally don't think the Dubs could have played any better yesterday than they did.

Considering the players mentioned I reckon you could keep Casey, Moran (played at HB, possibly swap with Cullen) and possibly Griffin and still win an All Ireland, but the rest need to be replaced with real quality for you to push it over the line.

I think Cahill is up to scratch but he would be a better option at centre back than Cullen. He was very good in that position in 2005. Put Cullen centre forward. Get rid of Casey, bring in Brennan in his place, Cahill to centre back and move Moran back to fill the other wing back slot.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 27, 2007, 03:42:24 PM

get him to stay clear of the greville - in case he ends up with one of them ugly donkeys that seem to live in the place (on sat nights)

Sounds like someone was caught out with a case of the beer googles  ;D

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on August 27, 2007, 03:59:16 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 27, 2007, 03:42:24 PM

Sounds like someone was caught out with a case of the beer googles  ;D
......former serial offender  :(

orangeman

Exactly - no need for another thread on this subject.

INDIANA

why don't we just rename this website Hoganstand Mark2? it really has descended into a shambles but with a numbskull like Budweiser as a regular poster what can we do.

Croí na hÉireann

Well that's one way to restore normal feedback Bud  :D

orangeman

I suppose on reflection there were some good games but it wasn't vintage stuff. Let's hope the AI final will be a clinker.