Dublin v Kerry all ireland SF

Started by anportmorforjfc, August 12, 2007, 03:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Kerry were lucky to scrape past Monaghan  - had monaghan beat Kerry, would they be favourites against Dublin ? Don't think so ! So why the optimism that Kerry will beat Dublin handy.

northsideboy

Quote from: jodyb on August 24, 2007, 10:29:40 PM
Thought I knew Croker fairly well. 301 - 336 is lower 501-536 is premium, 701-736 is upper, but whats 401-436? Can anybody advise?

Level 4 refers to the Árd Comhairle in the hogan, the back seats on the Lower Cusack and the wheelchair seats and spaces also at the Back of the Davin and Cusack stands.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: 5iveTimes on August 25, 2007, 11:48:52 AM
Speaking of tactics, I think Donaghy will be deployed around the middle of the field for long spells tomorrow. They have to change things and Gooch is wasted living off scraps from a target man. Gooch is a good enough target on his own.
i think your right there 5ivetimes. I said they same thing last night to a dublin friend of mine.Kerry have to change their tactics they will probabLy leave donaghy in for the first 10 or 15 minutes and if things aren't working out they will bring him out around the centre.Hope its a great match and lives up to all the hype. 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Uladh

Dublin's biggest problem is going to be that piller won't have the wit to repeat what Monaghan did to stiffle kerry. Dublin play a man for man game at the back which will suit kerry down to the ground. By the time kerry got round to getting the ball into their forwards, Monaghan had half backs doubling up on donagh and gooch and midfielders and half forwards eating up space and hitting everything that moved.

Dublin will be intent on teaching kerry a football lesson and fast open game will result in only one winner.

magickingdom

Quote from: ExiledGael on August 24, 2007, 08:40:26 PM
Can't wait for this now. As annoying as some Dubs are I love the hype and nostalgia in the papers, it's got to me too! The 7/4 is very appealing, Dubs by two I reckon. They've came on a lot since last year with two great additions to the forward line in Bernard jr and Vaughan, and as someone (Hardy I think) said on here I can't see this Kerry team being the first in almost 20 years to retain Sam, Cork won't beat them so Dublin may.
Don't care though, hope it's a cracker

not so sure about that. think cork will have a great chance against kerry..

Fear ón Srath Bán

Cork will beat whomsoever they meet in the final, no doubt about it  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Hardy

I'm finding this match impossible to call and likewise the final, whoever winds up there. I tend to rely on precedent and statistics more than most in betting. The one thing that precedent shouts at me is that it's very very difficult to retain the Sam Maguire.

On that basis, I'm thinking of backing both Dublin and Cork outright at current odds (2/1 and 9/4 respectively). That's equivalent to 1/2 (or better if Cork win) that the title won't be retained. (I could lay Kerry, but I'd have to go about 2.5 to 2.6 - about 25% more exposure).

What are the "natural" odds against the title being retained, since it hasn't been done in the last  16 attempts? How then do you factor the fact that Kerry are in the last three as favorites? Lone Shark?

magickingdom

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 25, 2007, 01:18:01 PM
Cork will beat whomsoever they meet in the final, no doubt about it  ;)

fear, i really believe that cork will beat kerry in the final, no bullshit. if i was trying to be cute i'd be busy talking up the dubs but i dont think they'll beat kerry, they'll have their usual 10 wides, vaughan will either be brilliant with the 45's and do nothing else or have a 'great' game but miss five 45's. the pressure the dubs will be under will be immense, 30 years since they beat kerry, the hill etc. cork on the other hand wait in the long grass with a list of grievances a mile long with morgan reminding them of everyone of them. i'll be putting my e100 on cork for the ai...

Croí na hÉireann

It will be nip and tuck until the last 10-15 mins and then the Yerra men will pull away, bit like the Galway KK match. Expect whoever wins to beat the Langers, this is the AI final 4 me...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Fear ón Srath Bán

Indeed MK, I've fancied Cork from the beginning (if we weren't up to it), and I actually think being beaten in the Munster Final has helped them, as it helped yourselves last year. There's a fire and intensity about their game this year that I hadn't seen before, and it was evident even as far back as the NFL game against ourselves.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Hound

A big reason why teams don't defend the All Ireland is they just don't have quite the hunger of the opposition. But with Dublin and Cork to come, hunger shouldnt be a problem. In saying that there has to be a small chance of them underestimating Dublin.

Would be quite funny/ironic to see Donaghy pulled out the field. Going full circle with Cork copying Kerry with Cussen in the first place, now Kerry copying Cork! Now sure it'll work out like that, though I would be absolutely delighted if after 10 or 15 minutes Donaghy does move out the field.

This is Dublin's All Ireland. If we do pull it off, then I'd have to favour Cork in the final. Very hard job to regroup, get the feet back on the ground and not let favouritism go to the head. On the other hand I cannot see Cork beating Kerry in Croke Park if Kerry do the Dubs.

Main Street

Just curious 5ive Times, woud you jump out of your seat say if Kerry score a goal, or will you have a detached enjoyment of the game?

The Real Laoislad

Im going to match with my girlfriend and her father,He is a big man and a big fan of the Dubs...Im gonna have to be on my best behavior  :-\
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: 5iveTimes on August 25, 2007, 08:17:15 PM
Why Laoislad, its not as if he`ll expect you to support the Dubs

No he won't but he doesn't want me shouting against them either!
Funny logic i know so it's best just to sit down and say nothing if only for a quite life afterwards
You'll Never Walk Alone.

magickingdom

Quote from: 5iveTimes on August 25, 2007, 06:40:15 PM
Just got 2 tickets for tomorrows game, so I am hoping for a cracking game.
Am still hoping for a Kerry win, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the Dubs will win this one. They are due a win against Kerry.

everyone is  ;)