Dublin v Kerry all ireland SF

Started by anportmorforjfc, August 12, 2007, 03:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnevin

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 26, 2007, 10:18:22 PM
Fair play to Dublin who showed great character to come back from 6 points down and could have won but for some poor judgement (Cluxton) and a few important breaks.
The real poor judgement came for the sideline 10 minutes in and everyone around me on the hill was saying we where not winning the middle .40 + minutes later magee come on and we scored 5 or 6 with out reply he should of been on the pitch 10/15 into the first half
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Mike Sheehy

Quotekerry were up to more shit in todays game than dublin were

well, you would say that, being from Tyrone and all. It probably sickens your hole to see us win

Mike Sheehy

Who cares...we took the hill  :D :D ye'll never live this one down!!

Gnevin

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 26, 2007, 10:27:34 PM
Who cares...we took the hill  :D :D ye'll never live this one down!!
Took is a bit much their was about 12 of ye  ;D

But fair play to the Kerry lads who where on the hill today  , like Armagh and Tyrone who where their  they have my up most respect and i would like to see more of it .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

magickingdom

Quote from: clarshack on August 26, 2007, 10:09:42 PM
kerry were up to more shit in todays game than dublin were.

what game were you watching?

Dont Matter

Looks like the junkies on the hill will have to find a new place to shoot up on Sunday's untill next year.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

clarshack

the same one you were. what about the play acting & the time wasting especially near the end and yous have the cheek to continually have a go at tyrone. they talk about this cute kerry hoor - hope cork puts him in his place.

Dont Matter

The ball was in play it wasn't time wasting.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

johnpower

Quote from: clarshack on August 26, 2007, 10:41:36 PM
the same one you were. what about the play acting & the time wasting especially near the end and yous have the cheek to continually have a go at tyrone. they talk about this cute kerry hoor - hope cork puts him in his place.

What the hell are you on about give us examples? I was at the game and have only seen the highlights so maybe I missed something .

clarshack

Quote from: Dont Matter on August 26, 2007, 10:42:39 PM
The ball was in play it wasn't time wasting.

as good as. if tyrone did it we'd never hear the end of it. also you'd think darren o'sullivan was taken out by a sniper the way he went down at the end. one rule for kerry another rule for the rest of ireland.

Hound

Well done Kerry, but I'm not afraid to admit I'm sick!

We had them and we fooked it away.

Kerry hit us harder than anyone has since Armagh. I'm not complaning - a good team hits as hard as a ref lets them. (Well I'll only complain in that Galvin should definitely have been sent off. I don't remember ever seeing a more dirty forward player in gaelic football!) Marc O'Se must have hit a dozen Dubs. Super performance from him. And Tomas was probably better. Dublin werent hard enough or dirty enough to deal with Kerry.

Whelan was super for the Dubs. Kept us going when so many let their heads go down. Ryan gave him fook all support. Especially in the crucial periods when Kerry were on top. Cullen was great too. After the 1-3 in the second half, Cullen and Whelan were the men, on their own, who very nearly dragged the Dubs back into it.

Still, after everything, Kerry were there for the beating. I can't believe we made Kerry play as badly as we did but still couldnt beat them. But we made too many mistakes. Beggars belief that Caffrey brought Cosgrove on for Sherlock. Cossie got about 6 possessions, none of which led to scores. Sherlock would have done so much better had he been left on and let play as half forward.

Ive said many times before, Caffrey is a good man to prepare a team, but once the game starts he's clean fookin useless. I thought he might learn as he goes along, but I was wrong. I'm glad he's gone now. 3 Leinsters. Something for the players at least, but Pillar should throw his in the bin - you're a failure Pillar - harsh but true. Pillar, you are the single biggest rreason why we've lost two AI SFs in a row.

My heart goes out to Whelo, and I pray that Val Andrews, or whoever it is we get as our new manager, can persuade him to give it another go. With him, we'd have a decent chance next year. Without him we've no chance. But listen, Dublin GAA has never looked after Whelan (certainly not the way other top counties look after their better players). He's had to move out as far as Westmeath to find an affordable house, and its so tough to expect a bloke with a young family to travel that distance day in day out. I'm so sorry the Dublin team in recent years wasnt good enough to make full use of the abilities of both Whelan and Sherlock.

Good luck to both Cork and Kerry next time out. I hope the best football team on the day wins.

Gnevin

Quote from: Dont Matter on August 26, 2007, 10:41:30 PM
Looks like the junkies on the hill will have to find a new place to shoot up on Sunday's untill next year.
Looks like the idiots like your self will have to find someone else to talk shite about till next year  ::)

Hound

Quote from: johnpower on August 26, 2007, 10:44:57 PM
Quote from: clarshack on August 26, 2007, 10:41:36 PM
What the hell are you on about give us examples? I was at the game and have only seen the highlights so maybe I missed something .
Don't want to get into the whining, but you did ask!

Each of Donaghy, Gooch and sub O'Sullivan lay down as if dead, when nothing wrong with them, in the last 5 minutes.

Donaghy was the worst. Don't mind the fairy boys * at it so much. The likes of Tomas and Marc must be clean embarrsed to see a big man like him at that shít. I thought he played very well. He's so mobile for such a big man. Why he partakes in faking injury is beyond me.

* generic back's term for fancy footballing forwards

Hound

God help us all when so many mistake Hayes for a Dub.

Not that I dont wish he wasnt.........  :-\

Hardy, jinxy etc, what do you think of Hayes as a journo?