Dublin v Kerry all ireland SF

Started by anportmorforjfc, August 12, 2007, 03:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Did O'Rourke gt it wrong ?
Did Brolly get it wrong ?

Or were the experts on the Sunday game right ?

Bannon played with Dublin y'day - like Paddy Russell in 1995 when you won the last one.

orangeman

Only joking - he thinks he knows his stuff.

orangeman

Lads - did Pillar assualt that old man or not ? Yes or no ?? Did he get suspended for it ? And then you went and hit the Mayo female nutritionist on the head and knocked her out - I suppose in Pillar's mind, she was a " legitimate target " as well.

Billys Boots

I think that most of the Longfordfolk would probably agree that Bannon probably didn't 'favour' Dublin yesterday - it would probably be more in his nature to 'think' that he was contributing toward stamping out some aspect of play (in general) that he didn't like.  I think he'd like to see himself as a crusader, in that respect - he'd have little time for the McAnaney way of 'cosying up' to the players.  He had a poor, poor game yesterday, in terms of allowing a flow to the proceedings, but he wasn't assisted by the carry-on of the players.  He was probably guilty of granting a few soft frees too.  But he didn't do too much wrong - he didn't allow anyone to punch an opposing player in the gob and deny later that he'd made a mistake.  ::)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Billys Boots

Quotehe thinks he knows his stuff

That's the only qualification you need to be a journalist in this country.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

orangeman

his holiness nb

Quote from: orangeman on August 27, 2007, 12:59:13 PM
Did O'Rourke gt it wrong ?
Did Brolly get it wrong ?

Or were the experts on the Sunday game right ?

Bannon played with Dublin y'day - like Paddy Russell in 1995 when you won the last one.

Sorry Orangeman, you are of course correct, sure arent O'Rourke and Brolly big fans of the Dubs  ::)
Ask me holy bollix

orangeman

I didn't realise that Brolly and O'Rourke were Dublin fans - I thought O'Rourke was a Meath fan - but I know what you mean - O'Rourke said that Dublin would win an AI next year or the following year and that the Dublin county board should go and knock on Pillars door and make sure he would be retained. Does he secretly not rate Pillar and hope that with Pillar on board Dublin will never win an AI.

Seriously why was there such a contradiction in the opinion of Brolly/ O'Rouke compared to Curran, OCinneide and Davis ?

his holiness nb

Quote from: orangeman on August 27, 2007, 01:02:16 PM
Lads - did Pillar assualt that old man or not ? Yes or no ?? Did he get suspended for it ? And then you went and hit the Mayo female nutritionist on the head and knocked her out - I suppose in Pillar's mind, she was a " legitimate target " as well.

Did he assault him? NO
Did he shoulder him? YES

I've never seen anyone arrrested on assault charges outside a pub for hitting someone a shoulder  :D :D
Did he get suspended for it? YES

Regarding the nutritionist, she got hit by a stray ball, to even suggest she was hit intentionally proves you to be a complete tr**p of a man.
You should be ashamed of yourself.
Idiot.
Ask me holy bollix

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 27, 2007, 11:43:38 AM
I had a funny incident after the game in a pub in town.
Wearing my Brolly Tyrone shirt I was at the bar talking to a kerry man about 40ish.
I said
"Well will ye beat Cork"
"Oh aye easy enough" he retorts
Thinking I was from Derry he goes on...
"But I'd rather beat those Armagh or Tyrone F**kers"

It eats, oh how it eats at them!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

neutral

Idiot you are.  It was colin Holmes who threw the first punch... blaming Ricey like that.

heffo

Quote from: orangeman on August 27, 2007, 01:02:16 PM

I seriously hope that you have a big tongue stuck in your cheek, and that you don't actually believe what you are writing.

Myth no 1 - Dublin started the Battle of Omagh - no, McMenamin started it when he punched Derek Murray
Myth no 2 - Dublin knocked out a Mayo nutrionist - bollox - Alan Brogan accidentally hit her with a ball when she decided her presence was required in the area Dublin had been designated to warm up in
Myth no 3 - Pillar 'assaulted' John Morrison who was minding his own business - Pillar shouldered Morrision in the back defending a member of his backroom team who was being roared at by the three Ulster mercenaries.

Have any interest in the GAA besides your morbid un-informed bias against Dublin?

his holiness nb

Quote from: orangeman on August 27, 2007, 01:09:31 PM
I didn't realise that Brolly and O'Rourke were Dublin fans - I thought O'Rourke was a Meath fan - but I know what you mean - O'Rourke said that Dublin would win an AI next year or the following year and that the Dublin county board should go and knock on Pillars door and make sure he would be retained. Does he secretly not rate Pillar and hope that with Pillar on board Dublin will never win an AI.

Seriously why was there such a contradiction in the opinion of Brolly/ O'Rouke compared to Curran, OCinneide and Davis ?

I was at the game so couldn care less what ANYONE in the studio thinks, I can make my own mind up thanks.

Orangeman, your comments about Dublin HITTING a female nutritionist from Mayo and suggesting this was deliberate on the other thread has shown your true colours.
You should be ashamed.
Ask me holy bollix

North Longford

No great fan of Bannons for a very specific reason relating to an incident that happened in a county semi final a few years ago and watching the game I thought he was poor and favoured the Dubs but in fairness what the lads on the Sunday game said was they also originally thought he was poor but when they watched the game on video they reckoned he was correct with nearly all his calls with the exception of one or two that were debateable

heffo

Quote from: neutral on August 27, 2007, 01:11:14 PM
Idiot you are.  It was colin Holmes who threw the first punch... blaming Ricey like that.

It was McMenamin up to the left hand side of the Tyrone goal mouth.

Theres no need for insults - you only make yourself look stupid.