Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on July 18, 2014, 10:36:42 AM
Still not following

Larry, Mo & Curly Joe = ????

Start here (you'll need to scroll down a bit).

deiseach

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 18, 2014, 10:39:33 AM
Quote from: deiseach on July 18, 2014, 10:37:11 AM
Amazing how a man who was desperately touting himself to Spurs only a few months ago is now manager of Man Utd and being treated as if he were to the manor born. Quite a rehabilitation.

Its a fickle sport/business, not that long ago Suarez was kissing his top and crying after games, pledging allegiance to Liverpool, madness, but when the right club money comes along.....

Ain't that the truth.

laoislad

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 18, 2014, 10:17:32 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 18, 2014, 10:12:57 AM
Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on July 18, 2014, 10:07:10 AM
Quote from: Shrewdness on July 18, 2014, 01:11:18 AM
For the benefit of the poor Liverpool fans straying in here, my cousins stated that Kroos and Shaw were likely to happen. Rodney and a few others have explained above what happened re Kroos. The Shaw deal happened. Get over it.

What's this cousins thing about?

This is getting some mileage lol

Certainly last season the banter was raised considerably due to Utd's poor form, and the Utd ones have not reacted to well to it in fairness. I expect it to get a lot worse as the season goes, so good luck to all the posters, it's going to be a bumpy ride for one club anyways

Still not following

Have you being missing from the board for a while?
Do you know about Old Trafford is to be renamed the 03 Arena?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Bingo

Quote from: laoislad on July 18, 2014, 10:42:01 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 18, 2014, 10:17:32 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 18, 2014, 10:12:57 AM
Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on July 18, 2014, 10:07:10 AM
Quote from: Shrewdness on July 18, 2014, 01:11:18 AM
For the benefit of the poor Liverpool fans straying in here, my cousins stated that Kroos and Shaw were likely to happen. Rodney and a few others have explained above what happened re Kroos. The Shaw deal happened. Get over it.

What's this cousins thing about?

This is getting some mileage lol

Certainly last season the banter was raised considerably due to Utd's poor form, and the Utd ones have not reacted to well to it in fairness. I expect it to get a lot worse as the season goes, so good luck to all the posters, it's going to be a bumpy ride for one club anyways

Still not following

Have you being missing from the board for a while?
Do you know about Old Trafford is to be renamed the 03 Arena?

Source?

deiseach

In another shocking development, Man Utd sack managers.

Walter Cronc

The Liverpool men are worried.

ballinaman

Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 18, 2014, 10:57:16 AM
I would have thought they would be reading this instead of thinking about poor auld United....a book about finishing 2nd  ;D

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: deiseach on July 18, 2014, 10:39:41 AM
Still not following

Start here (you'll need to scroll down a bit).

Thanks.....up to speed now...

laoislad

Quote from: ballinaman on July 18, 2014, 11:07:29 AM
I would have thought they would be reading this instead of thinking about poor auld United....a book about finishing 2nd  ;D

There must be a Mayo version of this somewhere...
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

deiseach

Ah, Paul Tomkins. A couple of hundred pages about how he has ME, poor lad. I'll pass.

EC Unique

It is so obvious. I'm loving their posts and interest in Utd. They can't help themselves. In fairness they have had a lot to put up with the last 25 years.

LVG is going to wind them up something special.  ;D

J OGorman

Quote from: EC Unique on July 18, 2014, 11:29:26 AM

It is so obvious. I'm loving their posts and interest in Utd. They can't help themselves. In fairness they have had a lot to put up with the last 25 years.

:)

Reality needs a quare checking. Utd were so far off the pace last year, buying a couple of middling players wont cut it, but its a start (all great journeys and all that). Very very slim chance of a top 4 finish this coming season. Chelsea, City, Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal and even Everton will be the teams again in the mix for the top 4. But if Van Gaal is given more than a season to start the rebuild, then who knows what will happen?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: J OGorman on July 18, 2014, 11:48:21 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on July 18, 2014, 11:29:26 AM

:)

Reality needs a quare checking. Utd were so far off the pace last year, buying a couple of middling players wont cut it, but its a start (all great journeys and all that). Very very slim chance of a top 4 finish this coming season. Chelsea, City, Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal and even Everton will be the teams again in the mix for the top 4. But if Van Gaal is given more than a season to start the rebuild, then who knows what will happen?

I'd say any position better than what they finished in last year will be viewed as an achievement given the way they played. Any Utd supporter with a bitta wit will want to finish 5th or 4th based on the shambles of last season.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

I can see a period of chelsea domination when mourinho gets himself into gear. City a close 2nd , arsenal 3rd and 4th dependent on liverpool.

It all depends on whether LIverpool can repeat last season without suarez. If they can then massive job for united to get into the top 4. That is assuming arsenal kick on.

Can't see everton and spurs challenging unless spurs new manager does a major turnaround for them. Everton will struggle without a striker though should get one though may not be as effective as Lukaku.

deiseach

Man Utd will be in the top four mix this season. Van Gaal has a proven record in getting instant results. But if they think that they'll be able to compete with the likes of Man City and Chelsea - that Fabregas chap is rather good, isn't he? - they're living in the same cloud-cuckoo land that saw so many of them claim this time last year that they could replace Alex Ferguson with David Moyes and not miss a beat.