Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: EC Unique on July 18, 2014, 09:22:57 AM
Pass no remarks on them lads. They are worried and rightly so. Watching Utd bring in a world class manager and players while the only decent player they had has joined a big club.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how the season pans out.  ;D

Any predicitons?

DuffleKing

In terms of playing talent,  United have obviously made improvements to the overall quality of the squad - particularly if vidal signs. The remaining piece in the jigsaw would then be a centre back.

Looking coldly at Liverpool,  they have a difficult job in this respect. Suarez can't directly be replaced - see spurs post bale - so the task is to acquire quality broadly that will replace him in terms of overall output. Difficult in itself, but even more so when they also have the desire to not just match last year but improve. I'm not that informed on Liverpool policy but in recent times they have gotten real bargains in the likes of sturridge,  sterling and coutinho so they're doing something right.

deiseach

Quote from: Shrewdness on July 18, 2014, 01:11:18 AM
For the benefit of the poor Liverpool fans straying in here, my cousins stated that Kroos and Shaw were likely to happen. Rodney and a few others have explained above what happened re Kroos. The Shaw deal happened. Get over it.

As Private Eye often says, EXCLUSIVE TO ALL NEWSPAPERS.

rodney trotter

Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 18, 2014, 09:36:30 AM
Regarding Kroos - Low encourages his international players to move overseas and experience different cultures and styles of football. This could be a factor! Plus who is going to turn down Real Madrid when they come looking!

Don't think there is much surprise that he went to Madrid.,
  More people alarmed that Van gaal wasnt interested. Utd midfield needs pace and he hasn't got it, herrera does and so has Vidal should they get him

laoislad

Quote from: God14 on July 18, 2014, 09:33:59 AM
Fair play to Van Gaal he came straight out and said he is hear to win the premier league in the coming season. Most big pedigree european managers want the champions league first & the domestic league second.
He probably wants to wait for the Champions League group stages draw and see who United get before he makes any declarations about United winning it.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Walter Cronc

Thiago is also Pep's pet project so he probably also felt he was under-valued, that coupled with the fact Bayern wouldnt match his wages with Lahm/Schweinsteiger. However those pair have gave much greater service to the Bayern cause over the years!

STREET FIGHTER

For the benefit of the poor Liverpool fans straying in here, my cousins stated that Kroos and Shaw were likely to happen. Rodney and a few others have explained above what happened re Kroos. The Shaw deal happened. Get over it.

What's this cousins thing about?

laoislad

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on July 18, 2014, 10:07:10 AM

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

brokencrossbar1

Milltown Row2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 18, 2014, 10:12:57 AM

This is getting some mileage lol

Certainly last season the banter was raised considerably due to Utd's poor form, and the Utd ones have not reacted to well to it in fairness. I expect it to get a lot worse as the season goes, so good luck to all the posters, it's going to be a bumpy ride for one club anyways
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Fair play to Van Gaal he came straight out and said he is hear to win the premier league in the coming season. Most big pedigree european managers want the champions league first & the domestic league second.

Don't forget this post - it's better than the cousins one...

ballinaman

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 18, 2014, 10:21:03 AM

Don't forget this post - it's better than the cousins one...
I like Van Gaal...looks like he takes no sh1t....should be a good laugh this season anyway...

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 18, 2014, 10:17:32 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 18, 2014, 10:12:57 AM

This is getting some mileage lol

Certainly last season the banter was raised considerably due to Utd's poor form, and the Utd ones have not reacted to well to it in fairness. I expect it to get a lot worse as the season goes, so good luck to all the posters, it's going to be a bumpy ride for one club anyways

Still not following

Larry, Mo & Curly Joe = ????

deiseach

Amazing how a man who was desperately touting himself to Spurs only a few months ago is now manager of Man Utd and being treated as if he were to the manor born. Quite a rehabilitation.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: deiseach on July 18, 2014, 10:37:11 AM
Amazing how a man who was desperately touting himself to Spurs only a few months ago is now manager of Man Utd and being treated as if he were to the manor born. Quite a rehabilitation.

Its a fickle sport/business, not that long ago Suarez was kissing his top and crying after games, pledging allegiance to Liverpool, madness, but when the right club money comes along.....
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea