Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gawa316 on September 02, 2014, 06:16:59 PM
Quote from: GJL on September 02, 2014, 06:05:33 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on September 02, 2014, 05:51:18 PM
Quote from: Shrewdness on September 02, 2014, 07:34:05 AM
..It was the football equivalent of shopping in Harrods.. In contrast, Liverpool did their summer shopping in Aldi and Lidl .

I would say it was more like sending Mario Balotelli out for supplies. As for Aldi and Lidl you can get some great foreign stuff in there.

Mike Phelan saying utd have lost their identity with the sale of wellbeck

Utd's identity involves being in around the top of the league......

So you are in agreement then that they've lost it...cool

This thread has become pretty shite recently, like the decline of Utd in the last year it seems to be over run with non Utd supporters. Having not won the title in  x number of years it's like the next best thing lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GJL

..It was the football equivalent of shopping in Harrods.. In contrast, Liverpool did their summer shopping in Aldi and Lidl .

I would say it was more like sending Mario Balotelli out for supplies. As for Aldi and Lidl you can get some great foreign stuff in there.

Utd spent the last twenty odd years dominating the league. Presently they are not. So yes they are not the same in that sense. This window's purchases may or may not address the league position but I have a feeling it is going to be some craic to watch.

Muck Savage

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 02, 2014, 06:21:19 PM

This thread has become pretty shite recently, like the decline of Utd in the last year it seems to be over run with non Utd supporters. Having not won the title in  x number of years it's like the next best thing lol

All those years of hurt.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Muck Savage on September 02, 2014, 06:33:49 PM

All those years of hurt.

I could understand if Liverpool had have won the title but finishing 2nd?

I suppose by xmas we'll have a better idea if Liverpool can win the league and Utd not getting relegated !
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

thewobbler

It's amusing watching everyone trying to fit all united's signings into one team.

Apart from a hardcore 6-7, players expect to be rotated at City, Chelsea and Arsenal.

I'm thinking the lack of defensive purchases means a 4-2-3-1 normal formation.

Blind or Shaw at LB.

Two from Rojo, Jones, Smalling and Evans at CB.

Valencia, Rafael or Jones at RB.

Two from Hererra, Carrick, Fletcher and Shaw at CM.

Three from Rooney, Di Maria, Mata, Junusajz, Young at AM.

One from RVP, Falcao and Rooney up front.

What his 'cup final' team would be if everyone is fit and in good form, nobody knows. It would be good for United if they get to find out. The rest of the time it shouldn't matter if a couple of big earners are subs.

---

DM is the weakest line by some distance.

deiseach

That's twice today you've taken umbrage at people taking your end (so to speak). If it hurts you so much, we'll leave...

Only joking! All together now:

Those were the days my friends
We took the Stretford End
We took the Shed
The North Bank Highbury
(EASY!)
We took the Geordies too
We fought for Liverpool
We are the Kop
Of Liverpool FC
Na na na na na na..........

beer baron

Milltown Row2

Quote from: deiseach on September 02, 2014, 09:39:36 PM

That's twice today you've taken umbrage at people taking your end (so to speak). If it hurts you so much, we'll leave...

Only joking! All together now:

Those were the days my friends
We took the Stretford End
We took the Shed
The North Bank Highbury
(EASY!)
We took the Geordies too
We fought for Liverpool
We are the Kop
Of Liverpool FC
Na na na na na na..........

Liverpool for the league lol

StGallsGAA

Powell and M Keane off to Leicester and Burnley on loan. Hopefully they get some game time.    Cleverly off to Villa on a years loan so £8m lost unfortunately.  Still gets him off the payroll and I hope it works out for the lad as he had a tough year.   

ballinaman

Quote from: StGallsGAA on September 03, 2014, 08:13:02 AM
Powell and M Keane off to Leicester and Burnley on loan. Hopefully they get some game time.    Cleverly off to Villa on a years loan so £8m lost unfortunately.  Still gets him off the payroll and I hope it works out for the lad as he had a tough year.
Aye, poor lad,just the bags of money and huge tits of his girlfriend to cry into this year. Hope your ok Clevs!

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: ballinaman on September 03, 2014, 09:47:01 AM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on September 03, 2014, 08:13:02 AM
Aye, poor lad,just the bags of money and huge tits of his girlfriend to cry into this year. Hope your ok Clevs!

Yes a trying year indeed. #Pray4Clevz

rodney trotter

Quote from: thewobbler on September 02, 2014, 06:57:46 PM
It's amusing watching everyone trying to fit all united's signings into one team.

Apart from a hardcore 6-7, players expect to be rotated at City, Chelsea and Arsenal.

Blind or Shaw at LB.

What his 'cup final' team would be if everyone is fit and in good form, nobody knows. It would be good for United if they get to find out. The rest of the time it shouldn't matter if a couple of big earners are subs.

---

Amusing that you think Shaw would be an option at CM when he has never played there

Hopefully Falcao produces a few goals like these http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSJc16uhI18

thewobbler

Quote from: rodney trotter on September 03, 2014, 09:57:21 AM

Blind or Shaw at LB.

---

Amusing that you think Shaw would be an option at CM when he has never played there

Hopefully Falcao produces a few goals like these http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSJc16uhI18

Sorry, meant Blind at CM, not Shaw.

magpie seanie

Blind or Shaw at LB.

---

It's just a bit of a laugh Wobbler, no need to panic. Like you I think some version using a back 4 must be what Van Gaal uses most of the time.

Also- unlike the other team you mention United will have less need for rotation as they are only left in 2 competitions. Think it's a maximum 49 games if United get to the FA Cup final with replays in each round.

Clov

Might interest some on here (Liverpool fans included)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-28984274
"One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshit"