Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

It was known a while Kroos was going to Madrid, and Van Gaal wasnt interested in the player so Utd weren't missing out on him.

They signed Luke Shaw over Chelsea so saying missing out on Cl is costing Utd, is rubbish

a link from May about Van Gaal not wanting Kroos ..  http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB4QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftalksport.com%2Ffootball%2Fman-united-transfer-latest-van-gaal-doesnt-want-kroos-14052292454&ei=wSjIU7HyMoP27Aag0oCAAg&usg=AFQjCNFEBS5mgIrq3RkF7OQHelMSYwFi0w

Jeepers Creepers

I thinks it's clear that Van Gaal wants Strooman as his midfield general but the dilemma being hes injured to the new year.

Carmen Stateside

LVG didn't want Kroos?  ;D ;D ;D

beer baron

I'd safely say whether Van Gaal wanted him or not he would've chosen Madrid anyway.

rodney trotter

Utd had shown interest in him in Janurary before Madrid stepped in and had been in talks, it was only in May or so that the talk of Madrid interest happened. That was after Moyes was sacked. Anyway he not really what Utd need, as he isn't an all action type player like Strootman or Vidal

beer baron

He's one of the best passers of the ball in the world,i think everyone needs him.

rodney trotter

They signed Herrera he can pass a ball too, ya know

Boycey

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on July 17, 2014, 09:31:11 PM

Was flagged up pretty much straight away after Van Gaal took over that Uniteds interest in him had cooled.

Carmen Stateside

Who says so Boycey? Shrewdness cousins? ;D

beer baron

Nothing against Herrera, i think he's a good signing and could become an excellent player for Utd but  he's the same age as Kroos, Kroos has been a regular with Munich,played in and won the Champions League and been a regular for the World cup champions, Herrera as far as i know hasn't made the Spanish squad(granted it is very talented).

I know if i was given the choice of the 2 which i  would've chosen and i'm not going to change my mind just because Utd didn't get him.

Did Kroos actually go for cheaper than Herrera now that i think of it  :o

rodney trotter

He only went cheaper as he was in the final year of his contract, I think Herrara will be a good signing. give him a chance. Kroos seems more of a mercenary player. Guardiola not impressed with his attitude.

laoislad

Quote from: beer baron on July 17, 2014, 09:48:06 PM
Nothing against Herrera, i think he's a good signing and could become an excellent player for Utd but  he's the same age as Kroos, Kroos has been a regular with Munich,played in and won the Champions League and been a regular for the World cup champions, Herrera as far as i know hasn't made the Spanish squad(granted it is very talented).

I know if i was given the choice of the 2 which i  would've chosen and i'm not going to change my mind just because Utd didn't get him.

Did Kroos actually go for cheaper than Herrera now that i think of it  :o
Fair play at least you're honest.
United don't need a player like Kroos did you ever hear such bull.
I'm pretty sure any mid table team like United would be delighted with him.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Kidder81

Quote from: rodney trotter on July 17, 2014, 09:51:29 PM
He only went cheaper as he was in the final year of his contract, I think Herrara will be a good signing. give him a chance. Kroos seems more of a mercenary player. Guardiola not impressed with his attitude.

What makes you say that ?

Boycey

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on July 17, 2014, 09:45:58 PM
Who says so Boycey? Shrewdness cousins? ;D

Nah mate but several decent journos did, I'm sure others said he turned United down. You believe what you like I'm happy in my judgement of the truth.

laoislad

Quote from: Boycey on July 17, 2014, 09:43:28 PM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on July 17, 2014, 09:31:11 PM

Was flagged up pretty much straight away after Van Gaal took over that Uniteds interest in him had cooled.
That's a bit like saying my interest in riding Scarlett Johansson has cooled.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.