Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

In another shocking development, Man Utd sack managers.

Walter Cronc

The Liverpool men are worried.

ballinaman

Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 18, 2014, 10:57:16 AM
I would have thought they would be reading this instead of thinking about poor auld United....a book about finishing 2nd  ;D

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: deiseach on July 18, 2014, 10:39:41 AM
Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on July 18, 2014, 10:36:42 AM
Still not following

Larry, Mo & Curly Joe = ????

Start here (you'll need to scroll down a bit).

Thanks.....up to speed now...

laoislad

Quote from: ballinaman on July 18, 2014, 11:07:29 AM
I would have thought they would be reading this instead of thinking about poor auld United....a book about finishing 2nd  ;D

There must be a Mayo version of this somewhere...
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

deiseach

Ah, Paul Tomkins. A couple of hundred pages about how he has ME, poor lad. I'll pass.

EC Unique

It is so obvious. I'm loving their posts and interest in Utd. They can't help themselves. In fairness they have had a lot to put up with the last 25 years.

LVG is going to wind them up something special.  ;D

J OGorman

Quote from: EC Unique on July 18, 2014, 11:29:26 AM

It is so obvious. I'm loving their posts and interest in Utd. They can't help themselves. In fairness they have had a lot to put up with the last 25 years.

:)

Reality needs a quare checking. Utd were so far off the pace last year, buying a couple of middling players wont cut it, but its a start (all great journeys and all that). Very very slim chance of a top 4 finish this coming season. Chelsea, City, Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal and even Everton will be the teams again in the mix for the top 4. But if Van Gaal is given more than a season to start the rebuild, then who knows what will happen?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: J OGorman on July 18, 2014, 11:48:21 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on July 18, 2014, 11:29:26 AM

:)

Reality needs a quare checking. Utd were so far off the pace last year, buying a couple of middling players wont cut it, but its a start (all great journeys and all that). Very very slim chance of a top 4 finish this coming season. Chelsea, City, Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal and even Everton will be the teams again in the mix for the top 4. But if Van Gaal is given more than a season to start the rebuild, then who knows what will happen?

I'd say any position better than what they finished in last year will be viewed as an achievement given the way they played. Any Utd supporter with a bitta wit will want to finish 5th or 4th based on the shambles of last season.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

I can see a period of chelsea domination when mourinho gets himself into gear. City a close 2nd , arsenal 3rd and 4th dependent on liverpool.

It all depends on whether LIverpool can repeat last season without suarez. If they can then massive job for united to get into the top 4. That is assuming arsenal kick on.

Can't see everton and spurs challenging unless spurs new manager does a major turnaround for them. Everton will struggle without a striker though should get one though may not be as effective as Lukaku.

deiseach

Man Utd will be in the top four mix this season. Van Gaal has a proven record in getting instant results. But if they think that they'll be able to compete with the likes of Man City and Chelsea - that Fabregas chap is rather good, isn't he? - they're living in the same cloud-cuckoo land that saw so many of them claim this time last year that they could replace Alex Ferguson with David Moyes and not miss a beat.

magpie seanie

Quote from: deiseach on July 18, 2014, 10:37:11 AM
Amazing how a man who was desperately touting himself to Spurs only a few months ago is now manager of Man Utd and being treated as if he were to the manor born. Quite a rehabilitation.

What a ridiculous post.

His name was linked with Spurs because there was only a caretaker manager there and he wanted to come to the Premier League. As for "desperately touting himself to Spurs" well I'd say that's more to do with your imagination/fantasies than reality. If you can back it up please do.

"treated as if he were to the manor born" - this is one of European football's top coaches of the last 20 years. Anyone with half a brain held him in high regard a long time ago. Him being appointed United manager should have nothing to do with it.

"Quite a rehabilition" - what?

J OGorman

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 18, 2014, 11:55:37 AM
I can see a period of chelsea domination when mourinho gets himself into gear. City a close 2nd , arsenal 3rd and 4th dependent on liverpool.

It all depends on whether LIverpool can repeat last season without suarez. If they can then massive job for united to get into the top 4. That is assuming arsenal kick on.

Can't see everton and spurs challenging unless spurs new manager does a major turnaround for them. Everton will struggle without a striker though should get one though may not be as effective as Lukaku.

not sure either of those 2 juggernauts will dominate by themselves Tommy. Will pass the league trophy between one another as the billions keep rolling in.

rodney trotter

Utd have a good start to the season fixtures wise. Last season couldn't have been a much worse start for Moyes. Utd can hit the ground running this season, also no European football this year so won't have to worry about fatigue after European games. Aiming for top4 obviously the priority,  but Van Gaal will want more then that no doubt.

imtommygunn

Quote from: J OGorman on July 18, 2014, 12:00:41 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 18, 2014, 11:55:37 AM

not sure either of those 2 juggernauts will dominate by themselves Tommy. Will pass the league trophy between one another as the billions keep rolling in.

City for all their talent are not very effective and should be winning the league at a canter. Chelsea played last season without a decent striker and will now have a striker and Matic for a full season as well as having rid of a few pre Mourinho passengers.  I hope they don't dominate as I really don't like Mourinho but he is good.

Should all be very interesting. Massive challenge for VanGaal but his fixtures at the beginning of the season help him anyway. Really he has a massive rebuild job on his hands.