Author Topic: Movie reccomendations  (Read 494673 times)

blewuporstuffed

• View Profile
Re: Movie reccomendations
« Reply #7155 on: February 11, 2019, 03:43:03 PM »
Watched 2 films over the weekend, Bohemian Rhapsody & A Star is born. Loved BR and enjoyed A Star is Born, but was mainly blown away by Bradley Cooper's performance as Jackson Mane, just superb. He'd be a far more worthy recipient of the Best Actor Oscar than the dude who played Freddie (who I thought was hammy enough at Times tbh).
I can't warm to Lady Gaga at all.

I would agree with you on Cooper and his performance.  Thought Bohemian Rhapsody was ok and definitely wasn't too sold on the lead actors performance either.
Cooper was very Eddie Vedder-esque I thought (i believe the two are good friends)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7156 on: February 11, 2019, 08:52:00 PM »
Just watched Rocky 3 (again) . Carl Weathers was in some shape in those movies.

The amount of Homo-eroticism in those type of films is unreal! They must laugh at those films looking back
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

From the Bunker

• View Profile
« Reply #7157 on: February 17, 2019, 01:12:03 PM »
Bird Box on Netflix is a good show. Not quite a horror, as I was expecting but definitely a good concept.
Daft enough. Particularly how there wasn't a mention as to how everyone survived the 5 years between outbreak and the river journey!

Yes daft is the best word for it and too similar to The Happening (2008). For me, the malevolent presence / illness / psychosis wasn't explained anywhere near enough.

It wasn't about that though . . . I quite enjoyed it I know it wasn't too deep really and was just a whole lot of suspense without any real reasoning but it was entertaining enough and not the worst way to pass an evening. It'll hardly be getting any Oscars I wouldn't think.
Just watched it after all the hype. Enjoyed it well enough without being one to stick in the memory. Very like the happening alright. Donít know why but I found both fairly uncomfortable viewing at times. Just canít put my finger on why.

I think when you have kids, you can never watch a movie (with kids under threat) the same again. It's hard to be passive and not emotionally involved! This film heightened that vulnerability!