Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MR99

Quote from: ONeill on May 27, 2010, 10:09:43 AM
It has been asked before - could those with gripes concerning Harte and his attitude to club football list their complaints about the present situation (facts - not what someone guessed will happen)? Looking over the previous pages it appears muddled in terms of what actually IS the problem....just asking like.
Gripe 1:  Has no regard for the 13 day rule that has been laid down by Croke Park
Gripe 2:  Insists on holding a panel of 36 or 37 players when most other counties have 28-30 as recommended by Croke Park
Gripe 3:  Continually changes club fixtures at short notice when it suits him
Gripe 4:  Insists that county players stay at home for county training even if the clubs have a weekend bonding / training session booked for their team
Gripe 5:  Trains the county players very hard on a Thursday night even if they have an important club game on the Friday / Saturday / Sunday
Gripe 6:  Never has any communication with club managers regarding agreed training plans for the players
Gripe 7:  Never communicates with club managers about anything at all
Gripe 8:  Never communicates with fringe players to let them know if they have a chance of playing / what they r doing wrong / if they are just there to make sure there is 30 fit for a training match / in fact just never communicates with them at all

Feel free to add to this list

Onion Bag

Quote from: MR99 on May 27, 2010, 10:51:44 AM
It has been asked before - could those with gripes concerning Harte and his attitude to club football list their complaints about the present situation (facts - not what someone guessed will happen)? Looking over the previous pages it appears muddled in terms of what actually IS the problem....just asking like.
Gripe 1:  Has no regard for the 13 day rule that has been laid down by Croke Park
Gripe 2:  Insists on holding a panel of 36 or 37 players when most other counties have 28-30 as recommended by Croke Park
Gripe 4:  Insists that county players stay at home for county training even if the clubs have a weekend bonding / training session booked for their team
Gripe 5:  Trains the county players very hard on a Thursday night even if they have an important club game on the Friday / Saturday / Sunday
Gripe 6:  Never has any communication with club managers regarding agreed training plans for the players
Gripe 8:  Never communicates with fringe players to let them know if they have a chance of playing / what they r doing wrong / if they are just there to make sure there is 30 fit for a training match / in fact just never communicates with them at all

Gripe 9: Never shaves
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

shezam

I dont blame Harte, its the CCC who make the fixtures, admittedly they are being influenced but its about time they stood up and stopped being walked over.

Id prefer the Club Championship didn't start at all till the end of July to prevent the mass exodus to the states. Any club put out in the 1st round are going suffer, Loughmacrory are one such example who will be in real danger of making the drop to Junior.

amigo

Quote from: Onion Bag on May 27, 2010, 10:56:22 AM

Gripe 10: Complains about absolutely everything such as International rules, Playing rules, ban on water carriers to name but a few!!

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: amigo on May 27, 2010, 11:04:17 AM

Gripe 10: Complains about absolutely everything such as International rules, Playing rules, ban on water carriers to name but a few!!

Gripe 11: Seems happy to be a media horse these days rather than the old micky who was just happy to win matches (also his irish news column is boring zzz)

Tommo2

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on May 27, 2010, 11:22:29 AM

Gripe 11: Seems happy to be a media horse these days rather than the old micky who was just happy to win matches (also his irish news column is boring zzz)

Gripe 12 - Cost poor Noel McGinn his job!!! - Further evidence of his dictatorship rule.

EC Unique

Quote from: Tommo2 on May 27, 2010, 11:31:34 AM
Quote from: Radda bout yeee on May 27, 2010, 11:22:29 AM

Gripe 12 - Cost poor Noel McGinn his job!!! - Further evidence of his dictatorship rule.

Should never have been back after the 'headbut'!

Zapatista

Quote from: EC Unique on May 26, 2010, 04:35:43 PM
Just to bring things into perspective... He brought untold amounts of joy to the same people..

Untold me arse, he wrote two books about it ;)

Onion Bag

Gripe 13: His Daughter annoys the shite out of me, she is stuck everywhere
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

ONeill

Astonished at the anti-Harte sentiment on here. I'm rarely home and when I do go I live in a parish with no county players. Feck me, when was the last regular from Clonoe/Brocagh/Derrylaughan/Derrytresk ? Even Coalisland/Edendork/Dungannon/Killyman?

Anyway, is this feeling a widespread phenomenon or is it what the Bearded Wonders calls the Empty Vessels?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

tyrone86

Quote from: ONeill on May 27, 2010, 11:55:36 AM
Astonished at the anti-Harte sentiment on here. I'm rarely home and when I do go I live in a parish with no county players. Feck me, when was the last regular from Clonoe/Brocagh/Derrylaughan/Derrytresk ? Even Coalisland/Edendork/Dungannon/Killyman?

Anyway, is this feeling a widespread phenomenon or is it what the Bearded Wonders calls the Empty Vessels?

Probably a rhetorical question but from the first list, Harry McClure (and Mickey was also fairly regular for a time) but you'd have to go as far back as Hugh O'Hagan to get another regular. The second bunch you had Cavlan and then Thornton and Brian McGuckin bit part players in the latter years of the Art/McKenna era. Ciaran Corr would have been the last regular previous to that.

viiv

All Championship games for the weekend of 28th, 29th & 30th  May will go ahead as fixed.

Friday 28th @ Dunmoyle

7.30pm Galbally V Greencastle 

Saturday 29th @ Galbally                       

5.00pm Moortown V Aghaloo                             

6.30pm Donaghmore V Kildress 

Sunday 30th @ Augher

2.00pm Beragh V Stewartstown

3.30pm Eglish V Gortin 

Sunday 30th @ Healy Park

6.00pm Pomeroy V Augher

7.30pm Trillick V Dromore 

Weekend of the 3rd - 6th June 

Thursday 3rd June @ Fintona

6.45pm Eskra V Newtownstewart

8.15pm Urney V Edendork 

Sunday 6th June @ O'Neill Park

6pm Rock V Derrylaughan

7:30pm Coalisland V Clonoe 

There will be no LEAGUE fixtures weekend 6th June 

Friday 11th June Starred games @ 6.45pm & 8.15pm

Division 1............. Round 13

Division 2............. Round 11

Division 3............. Round 16 

Sunday 20th June

Intermediate Reserve Championship @ tbc

(excluding Clann na nGael V Killeeshil) 

Friday 25th June

Junior/Intermediate League games. 

Saturday 26th June

Clann na nGael V Killeeshil @tbc 

Sunday 27th June @ Carrickmore

2.00pm Aghyaran V Ardboe

3.30pm Errigal Ciaran V Cookstown 

Sunday 27th June @ Loughmacrory

6.15pm Moy V Omagh

7.45pm Killyclogher V Carrickmore 

kicking king

Quote from: tyrone86 on May 27, 2010, 12:10:40 PM
Quote from: ONeill on May 27, 2010, 11:55:36 AM

I have posted a few times on the matter of the championship games being called off and i think made my feelings pretty clear.  However this character assasination of the finest manager the county has ever had is bang out or order.  I am not happy with the sitatuion but this is getting ridiculous fellas.

viiv

Please note ONLY in the event of a draw in the Ulster Senior Football Championship Semi-final will these Club Championship games not take place on Sat 26th / Sun 27th June.  In the event of a draw in Tyrone's Championship game on the 19th  June these games will be played on the 3rd & 4th July 

longrunsthefox

Quote from: viiv on May 27, 2010, 12:25:36 PM
Please note ONLY in the event of a draw in the Ulster Senior Football Championship Semi-final will these Club Championship games not take place on Sat 26th / Sun 27th June.  In the event of a draw in Tyrone's Championship game on the 19th  June these games will be played on the 3rd & 4th July

With back door game on 10th July if Tyrone lose  ::)