Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

So it is! Fingers crosses. We would need definite confirmation tomorrow.

Tyrone Dreamer

Surely if they're calling the games off they would need to be making it official now and not advertising fixtures that aren't happening on the website. Also it's very unfair if the clubs haven't been notified. Even ignoring preperations in terms of training I'm sure some of the clubs especailly for the Thursday games have to arrange to get players home from England etc and boys will need time off work if they are far away. It's turned into a bit of a mess.

Zapatista

Quote from: rrhf on May 26, 2010, 03:56:17 PM
Listen play the full first round the choice of the clubs
or delay the full first round - the choice of Mickey Harte, unacceptable to the clubs but at least its an evenhanded approach.
The half way house solution that Im hearing about will not make anyone happy.
Give a little respect to the clubscene Mickey please.  We support our county.

I wouldn't say that's evenhanded. Well, if right was right anyway.

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: longrunsthefox on May 26, 2010, 11:37:38 PM
That is the truth Ziggy... I swear to God.

when are we gonna get an official announcement. No offence fox  :)
First on the field and last to leave

MR99

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on May 26, 2010, 09:42:34 PM
Although I agree the club championship games should go ahead there has been some over the top reaction here from the usual anti Harte anti Tyrone suspects. Harte has been reasonable enough over the years in terms of club football.

There arent many of the big counties were club players are available for 2/3 of the league games (compare it to Armagh) and very few were club c'ship games have been run off just over a few weeks before c'ship games as has happened in past. Harte has also released players to train with their clubs in the run up to champsionship games which again I suspect wouldn't happen in many other counties.

As has been pointed out it won't be the end of the world if games are postponed a few weeks as some are portraying. It will help extend the interest for many clubs if nothing else. The games will still be played and everyone will still have an equal chance of winning.

Harte for some reason obviously wants the next few weeks to step up county preperations. He's the county boss and takes responsibility for results. He obviously feels this is whats best for the team. When you consider the reaction to defeats in recent years and the abuse Harte has taken over them then its a bit ironic that's he's been slated for looking after the teams interests. Considering what he has did for football in the county and the interest he has generated its amazing how some are so quick to stick the boot into him. People are throwing out personal insults before they even know the games are off.

It probably would be best if all or none games are called off and may have been better if all had been fixed for next weekend. I understand the annoyance at club games being called off but it doesn't justify some of the personal criticism thrown at Harte and the over the top reaction. A bit of balance is needed.

Tyrone Dreamer are you serious?  Your user name suits you perfectly, have you any interest in club football or do you just jump on the Micky bandwagon every time Tyrone have a game coming up, and give out when the club you are a member of (if you are one) gives priority to the people who actually support their club  as well as county when it comes to ticket allocation.   Micky Harte being reasonable to club football ???  Takes the players away from their clubs (36 or 37 of them I may add) for 33% of their games and gives them back to their clubs 5 days before the clubs biggest game of the year.  Then he calls the shots of when they can play club championship to suit him.  The clubs are the backbone of the GAA and the backbone of the County Team, it is the clubs who with endless hours of underage coaching develop the players for him, it is the clubs who fund the county team and club men who support the county team yet he still thinks he has a right to determine what the clubs do, dont be a fool.

13 days preparation for a game is 8 days more than some of the clubs get.  The 13 day rule must be strictly adhered to and let him do whatever he wants within those 13 days.  Micky is under severe pressure to produce results this year and he is going to make the clubs suffer as much as possible just so that he gets his results, or at least until Cork run over the top of them again.  Cork, Kerry and Kilkenny hurlers all strictly stick to the 13 day rule and look how successful they have been, in addition to their clubs being successful on the all-ireland stage also.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: wheres he takin er from on May 26, 2010, 11:49:39 PM

No offence taken but you're going to Dungannon next Sunday night  ;) You wanna bet on it?

rrhf

Dreamer - its easy to see the thought you have for your club and the chanpionship it plays in.  Its always about the county first with you.  Theres a school of opinion that until the county players actually play for county only and let the club players get on with their games and season this will never be solved - some say that days coming and when it does when you get what you wish for, your club will be in division 3. Bets point Ive read on this, - Mickeys entitled to ask for juggling clowns etc.  But sure fcuk it we'll leave it there its over and theres championship football to be kicked for some.   

kicking king

Quote from: up tyrone on May 26, 2010, 09:27:26 PM
I`ve a few points,

1,I believe the county board are as much to blame as harte,they wanted to maximise money they were going to make over two weekends instead of one,which is the way it should have been done.
2.Harte is every right to think of his own team preparations he would have had two weeks of squad training instead of three had  they be run of in one weekend.
3.My club was beat in the first week of may last year your season is f**..d early in the year then boys piss of for theirs nothing to play for,i`d agree with the way it is in armagh no chship to at the earliest end of july keeps the season going for everybody.
4,All chship matches should be called of.

I think this guy and the one that posted after him (Tyrone Dreamer) give away their loyalties with their names.  Guys for whom the county comes first and club second. Tyrone Dreamer states it won't make any difference if theyre put back for a few weeks.  Two points about that

1.  It will make a hell of a difference in terms of preparations.  Teams' training have been scheduled according to the fixtures.
2. It will be more than a few weeks if Tyrone happen to be beaten in the semi-final against one of two teams who are capable of producing such a result.

You can see from the board that there is a depth of feeling on this issue.  The clubs involved feel very hard done by and a lot of people are dismayed that the ethos on which the GAA has its basis is being trampled on.  You are of course entitled to your opinion but in this case you can see that it is a minority view.

Zapatista

Quote from: rrhf on May 27, 2010, 08:56:52 AM
Dreamer - its easy to see the thought you have for your club and the chanpionship it plays in.  Its always about the county first with you.  Theres a school of opinion that until the county players actually play for county only and let the club players get on with their games and season this will never be solved - some say that days coming and when it does when you get what you wish for, your club will be in division 3. Bets point Ive read on this, - Mickeys entitled to ask for juggling clowns etc.  But sure fcuk it we'll leave it there its over and theres championship football to be kicked for some.

For such a traditionalist Harte seems intent on creating a two tier GAA.

ziggysego

What are you all turning on Dreamer for? Everyone is entitled to an opinion and opinions are all valued. It does appear from what he has said that County takes preference over Club for him. So what? To be a lover of the GAA, doesn't mean you automatically show loyality to club over county. I know plenty of people who support Tyrone, but would never darken the doorway of their local club.

That's find and dandy, it's not what I believe and many others, but he should be turned on for having a differences of opinion. The only thing I would say though, it should automatically discount him from getting Ulster/All-Ireland tickets from the club.
Testing Accessibility

Donkeywalloper

Quote from: EC Unique on May 26, 2010, 04:35:43 PM
Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on May 26, 2010, 04:34:15 PM
Hard to fathom how one man can cause so much disruption to so many people- I suppose history is littered with such people

Just to bring things into perspective... He brought untold amounts of joy to the same people..

Not completely correct. He was amoung a group of 30-35 who collectively brought untold amounts of Joy to people. Rightly so as a winning manager he got the praise deserved for steering Tyrone to all ireland victory and his contribution cant be questioned. However he never actually kicked a ball.

With the guidelines set out two years ago i feel genuinely sorry for the fellas with young families who are dedicated to gaelic games. At this stage they cannot even look at the possibility of booking a holiday for fear of clashing with a refixtured game. This not only affects the players, managers and club officials directly but all those assosciated with them.

Quote from: Zapatista on May 27, 2010, 09:22:21 AM
For such a traditionalist Harte seems intent on creating a two tier GAA.

Couldnt agree more Zap.

ONeill

It has been asked before - could those with gripes concerning Harte and his attitude to club football list their complaints about the present situation (facts - not what someone guessed will happen)? Looking over the previous pages it appears muddled in terms of what actually IS the problem....just asking like.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: longrunsthefox on May 26, 2010, 11:57:43 PM
Quote from: wheres he takin er from on May 26, 2010, 11:49:39 PM

No offence taken but you're going to Dungannon next Sunday night  ;) You wanna bet on it?

just got a text from club secretary. its official our game is moved to the Sunday. no word on other games.

all bets are off fox  :D
First on the field and last to leave

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: MR99 on May 26, 2010, 11:57:25 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on May 26, 2010, 09:42:34 PM
Although I agree the club championship games should go ahead there has been some over the top reaction here from the usual anti Harte anti Tyrone suspects. Harte has been reasonable enough over the years in terms of club football.

There arent many of the big counties were club players are available for 2/3 of the league games (compare it to Armagh) and very few were club c'ship games have been run off just over a few weeks before c'ship games as has happened in past. Harte has also released players to train with their clubs in the run up to champsionship games which again I suspect wouldn't happen in many other counties.

As has been pointed out it won't be the end of the world if games are postponed a few weeks as some are portraying. It will help extend the interest for many clubs if nothing else. The games will still be played and everyone will still have an equal chance of winning.

Harte for some reason obviously wants the next few weeks to step up county preperations. He's the county boss and takes responsibility for results. He obviously feels this is whats best for the team. When you consider the reaction to defeats in recent years and the abuse Harte has taken over them then its a bit ironic that's he's been slated for looking after the teams interests. Considering what he has did for football in the county and the interest he has generated its amazing how some are so quick to stick the boot into him. People are throwing out personal insults before they even know the games are off.

It probably would be best if all or none games are called off and may have been better if all had been fixed for next weekend. I understand the annoyance at club games being called off but it doesn't justify some of the personal criticism thrown at Harte and the over the top reaction. A bit of balance is needed.

Tyrone Dreamer are you serious?  Your user name suits you perfectly, have you any interest in club football or do you just jump on the Micky bandwagon every time Tyrone have a game coming up, and give out when the club you are a member of (if you are one) gives priority to the people who actually support their club  as well as county when it comes to ticket allocation.   Micky Harte being reasonable to club football ???  Takes the players away from their clubs (36 or 37 of them I may add) for 33% of their games and gives them back to their clubs 5 days before the clubs biggest game of the year.  Then he calls the shots of when they can play club championship to suit him.  The clubs are the backbone of the GAA and the backbone of the County Team, it is the clubs who with endless hours of underage coaching develop the players for him, it is the clubs who fund the county team and club men who support the county team yet he still thinks he has a right to determine what the clubs do, dont be a fool.

13 days preparation for a game is 8 days more than some of the clubs get.  The 13 day rule must be strictly adhered to and let him do whatever he wants within those 13 days.  Micky is under severe pressure to produce results this year and he is going to make the clubs suffer as much as possible just so that he gets his results, or at least until Cork run over the top of them again.  Cork, Kerry and Kilkenny hurlers all strictly stick to the 13 day rule and look how successful they have been, in addition to their clubs being successful on the all-ireland stage also.

Jeez there's an awful lot of guessing going on there. I support the club as much as county and haven't jumped on any bandwagons. As I said personally I think the club games should go ahead, would be disappointed if they didnt and would be unfair if they didn't.

I was responding to some over the top criticism of Harte who has did a lot for Tyrone football. I don't think he has been unreasonable over the years to club football when you compare his stance to some other county managers. The fact that the players play 2/3 of the league games is more than happens in a lot of counties. As I said its ironic the abuse Harte has got over putting the county team first when you consider the same people were giving him serious abuse after the county loses games. He can't win with some people.

If the games are put back 2 or 3 weeks it will upset preperations but will be equal for every team and won't be the end of the world though it is unfair on club teams.