Author Topic: Tyrone County Football and Hurling  (Read 1632932 times)

The_Slug

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone County Football and Hurling
« Reply #11130 on: December 03, 2019, 01:44:04 PM »
Martin Sludden up for Vice Chair/Chair of the CCC

Say what you want but I think he would be a good man to get in, he would actually try and get the fixtures situation sorted.

God14

• it aint over til its over
    • View Profile
« Reply #11131 on: December 03, 2019, 01:49:13 PM »

Say what you want but I think he would be a good man to get in, he would actually try and get the fixtures situation sorted.

Agree with this, I hope it happens

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #11132 on: December 04, 2019, 02:30:19 PM »

You know what. If he fixes the fixtures then good luck to him.

Norf Tyrone

• View Profile
« Reply #11133 on: December 04, 2019, 04:50:48 PM »

I think the fixtures are largely unfixable unless fixed at National level.

There are exceptions. Reserve football might need decoupled from senior and the odd double fixture required.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Redhand Santa

• View Profile
« Reply #11134 on: December 04, 2019, 05:09:55 PM »
There will still be issues but the fixtures should be less of a problem next year. As Tyrone aren't in the preliminary round in ulster next year, there is 7 weekends between the last round of NFL (assuming Tyrone don't make the final) and the first round game v Donegal. That should allow 6 league fixtures to be played.

If Tyrone lose that and enter the qualifiers there potentially wont be another Tyrone game until near the end of June allowing 3 more games to be played. Even if they win I think there is still another 1 or 2 slots in between county games to get matches played. There also isn't any u20 county matches during the summer next year so the majority of starred games can be saved for then.

If all goes to plan and fixtures done properly most if not all of the regular league games should be wrapped up pre championship next year. If Tyrone lose to Donegal in ulster there definitely won't be any excuses for them not to be.

PeterEli

• View Profile
« Reply #11135 on: Today at 04:18:56 AM »
There will still be issues but the fixtures should be less of a problem next year. As Tyrone aren't in the preliminary round in ulster next year, there is 7 weekends between the last round of NFL (assuming Tyrone don't make the final) and the first round game v Donegal. That should allow 6 league fixtures to be played.

If Tyrone lose that and enter the qualifiers there potentially wont be another Tyrone game until near the end of June allowing 3 more games to be played. Even if they win I think there is still another 1 or 2 slots in between county games to get matches played. There also isn't any u20 county matches during the summer next year so the majority of starred games can be saved for then.

If all goes to plan and fixtures done properly most if not all of the regular league games should be wrapped up pre championship next year. If Tyrone lose to Donegal in ulster there definitely won't be any excuses for them not to be.

With all this considered and a master fixture schedule released from the GAA with all weekends/dates known should it not be possible for our county board to do the same? Release a fixture planner, obviously, there would need to be different versions with possible outcomes but surely some sense of when games are going to be played is better than none for the club players.

Tyrone county master fixtures planner could look like:
A) Tyrone beaten in the first round of Ulster knocked out in super 8's or beaten in All-Ireland semi. 
B) Ulster champions knocked out in super 8's or beaten in All-Ireland semi.
C) Tyrone beaten in first round of Ulster, All-Ireland finalists.
D) Ulster champions, All-Ireland finalist.

4 different schedules are obviously a lot of work, but most weekends will overlap with only some tweaking involved. All Ireland semi-final is usually a week after super 8's so no need for different plans in place there.

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #11136 on: Today at 09:34:01 AM »

There are exceptions. Reserve football might need decoupled from senior and the odd double fixture required.

Think the last roll of the dice for reserves is to make it a localised league. Otherwise it's over and we shouldn't underestimate the effect of a collapse of reserve football in the GAA.

blewuporstuffed

• View Profile
« Reply #11137 on: Today at 10:58:16 AM »

I dont think there is any doubt that this needs to happen
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either