Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Tommo2 on March 03, 2016, 08:51:13 AM
I think its madness that the reserve championship and league will be held back until the first round of the senior championship is played. I understand that it normally cant be played until the 1st round of senior championship has been played, but it will be very difficult to keep the average reserve player interested until October. Why not implement a rule where each club names 12 players who cannot play reserve championship. The key point is that each of these 12 players must have started a senior championship game for their club the previous season. This would by-pass the usual naming of 12 players, some of which have retired or have emigrated.

The reserve championship could be played over 4 consecutive weeks in August, when their is supposed to be very little football played.

Yeah, that is probably a logical enough solution.
Playing the reserve championship in november/december is a complete non runner.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

WT4E

I think its madness that the reserve championship and league will be held back until the first round of the senior championship is played. I understand that it normally cant be played until the 1st round of senior championship has been played, but it will be very difficult to keep the average reserve player interested until October. Why not implement a rule where each club names 12 players who cannot play reserve championship. The key point is that each of these 12 players must have started a senior championship game for their club the previous season. This would by-pass the usual naming of 12 players, some of which have retired or have emigrated.

The reserve championship could be played over 4 consecutive weeks in August, when their is supposed to be very little football played.

Yeah and some of the so called poor overused 17 year olds will be close enough to 18 in November and will still have to sit out and look on at lads who maybe smaller and less able because we scared they might be playing too much!!!

I think the whole thing is going up the left if I'm honest.

Tommo2

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on March 03, 2016, 09:19:49 AM

Yeah, that is probably a logical enough solution.
Playing the reserve championship in november/december is a complete non runner.

I actually think the county board should go further and run the reserve league independently of the senior leagues. I believe an east/west split of the leagues would work well. For example, a Div 1a and 1b with 8 teams in each, playing home and away on 14 consecutive Friday evenings. All games would effectively be local derbies, with short travel distances. It would create a competitive environment with relegation and promotion. At present most games after Week 5 or 6 are dead rubbers as teams cant win the league and cant get relegated. Where is the enjoyment in that. As we have seen in the past, many teams don't even field towards the end of the season, due to a lack of interest. The result is that a team winning the league could do so, without playing their last few games.

The Trap

Reserves lads, you think anyone is actually worried about reserve football? In July and August when the big games are happening in Croke Park............

WT4E I think a lot of people are getting fed up with it!

WT4E

All rules seem to now be passed on the basis of whats best for about 2% of the playing population.

Maybe they should just come out and say here that's fine - county lads will play only with county and let the other clubs just get on with playing sport in good weather and enjoying it.

Club just go and play independent of county scene altogether - Even throw a round of the league on the day Tyrone play in the championship! :D

Under Lights

Quote from: WT4E on March 03, 2016, 10:11:01 AM
All rules seem to now be passed on the basis of whats best for about 2% of the playing population.

Maybe they should just come out and say here that's fine - county lads will play only with county and let the other clubs just get on with playing sport in good weather and enjoying it.

Club just go and play independent of county scene altogether - Even throw a round of the league on the day Tyrone play in the championship! :D

I would say a lot of club players would happily go along with that. Club managers may not though.

Regarding the reserve championship- surly just go on the basis if you played in the senior championship the previous year you are ineligible. Same rule going forward.

The Trap

A couple of sensible posts WT4E and Under Lights. It is only way forward the club game, let lads make a choice of whether they want to play county or club because it is getting nearly impossible to keep both going simultaneously.

I wonder how the Tyrone delegates voted on the various motions at Congress?

WT4E

Quote from: The Trap on March 03, 2016, 10:28:43 AM
A couple of sensible posts WT4E and Under Lights. It is only way forward the club game, let lads make a choice of whether they want to play county or club because it is getting nearly impossible to keep both going simultaneously.

I wonder how the Tyrone delegates voted on the various motions at Congress?

I also wondered this - Do they have a meeting with club delegates before the event to decide how to vote and then they all vote the same way on motions.

The way the vote is done by keypad now makes it harder to control a rogue delegate too! :D

leenie

At least the championship draw is tonight ... Can spend the next 6 months knowing who ur playing ..
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

maco

2016 Senior Championship Draw

Carrickmore v Greencastle
Strabane v Dromore
Edendork v Ardboe
Clonoe v Omagh
Killyclogher v Errigal
Kildress v Augher
Eglish v Trillick
Coalisland v Galbally

Quarter finals
K'clogher/Errigal v Eglish/Trillick
Clonoe/Omagh v Carrickmore/G'castle
Strabane/Dromore v Edendork/Ardboe
Kildress/Augher v C'island/Galbally

Norf Tyrone

Do they not draw the senior draw last? Has the junior draw been made?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

maco

Clogher v Killyman
Beragh/C'derg v Rock
Brokagh v Killeshil
Glenelly v Errigal III
Clan na Gael v Dregish
Drumquin v Owen Roes
Drumragh v NTS
Tattyreagh v Fintona

Tattyreagh/Fintona v Glenelly/Errigal
Drumquin/Owen Roes v Drumragh/NTS
Missed the other 2 quarter final draws

leenie

I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

maco

Intermediate draw

Urney v Gortin
Aghyaran v Pomeroy
Eskra v Loughmacrory
Moortown v Dungannon
Stewartstown v Derrytresk
Cookstown v Brackaville
Derrylaughan v Moy
Donaghmore v Aghaloo

Quarters
H v D
G v F
B v A
C v E

Tommo2

Killyclogher/errigal and clonoe/omagh are the 2 stand out fixtures in senior. Coalisland with straightforward passage to semi. Probably dromore as well.