Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Sunny Day on March 02, 2016, 02:11:41 PM
When you really have a look at it,  its really crazy,  possibly 10 months training with 11 or 12 league games played in that period of time and then a storm of games at the end of the year.  At least the reserve Championship should be played during the Summer months. The U21 Competition will at least have an added value this summer.

The problem is, the reserve championship cant be started until at least one round of the senior championship is played.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

blewuporstuffed

Would it not make sense to have the two week holiday break in the beginning of August rather than July?
We arent going to have any club football then anyway!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

TF15

it's imperfect but I think it's better to have the seasons climax at least when a team has had more than 4 league games.

Some solution should be found so that Reserve league and championship could continue over the summer. Perhaps a list of players who can only play Senior Cship of 13 or 15. Or players can't have played X amount of Senior league games as a starter to be eligible.

Until the county season is shortened it will always be imperfect. Congress could have helped the clubs and shortened the season but it was defeated. I think late championship is the best of a bad bunch of options.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: TF15 on March 02, 2016, 02:36:40 PM
it's imperfect but I think it's better to have the seasons climax at least when a team has had more than 4 league games.

Some solution should be found so that Reserve league and championship could continue over the summer. Perhaps a list of players who can only play Senior Cship of 13 or 15. Or players can't have played X amount of Senior league games as a starter to be eligible.

Until the county season is shortened it will always be imperfect. Congress could have helped the clubs and shortened the season but it was defeated. I think late championship is the best of a bad bunch of options.
Yeah, i would agree with all that, but what we have at the minute is far from perfect.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: TF15 on March 02, 2016, 02:36:40 PM

You have summed it up well. We ended up playing football and training into mid November anyway, even tho we were out of the championship the first weekend of June, it was of no impact from getting the season cleared up early. So that cracks that myth. No easy solution until Croke Park sorts it out, but you only have to see what happened at the weekend to realise club football is down the list of things to be fixed. They couldn't even move the All Ireland final forward by two weeks, voted down.

Norf Tyrone

Here's a solution for Croke Park. All players play with their Club the week before a County game. None of this 14 day, 7 day rule bullshit.

Starred games on the Saturday of County Championship weekends.

Football every weekend.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 02, 2016, 03:06:03 PM
Here's a solution for Croke Park. All players play with their Club the week before a County game. None of this 14 day, 7 day rule bullshit.

Football every weekend.

Its interesting when you see Ireland releasing players back to their clubs ' to get game time' in the middle of the 6 nations.

WHile i agree with your sentiment Norf, I cant see that happening TBH

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on March 02, 2016, 03:08:33 PM

Football every weekend.

Its interesting when you see Ireland releasing players back to their clubs ' to get game time' in the middle of the 6 nations.

WHile i agree with your sentiment Norf, I cant see that happening TBH

Neither can I either, but it's a solution. Every county runs the same risk of a player getting injured etc and it'll promote our games. Joe Brolly said it, and he's 100 per cent right, regular club games is the best promo we can get!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Mikhailov

Football every weekend.

Very good in theory Norf but MH will advise any man who plays within 14 days that he will not be considered for next game - how many players who are in line for first 15 do you think would defy him ?

do you think your lad McShane would go with MH or play for his club ?

That is the problem, not the idea that you had about 14 or 7 day rulings. The county manager tells them what to do and if they don't do it they are chased...

what we need is the county board to stand up to MH and tell him that no player can be dropped from squad if he plays for his club...then of course MH will just refuse to select him

ideal scenario is that one of the big profile players makes the first move, plays for his club and then we will see where the land lies then.

Redhand Santa

Do you really think Mickey Harte is to blame here? Do you seriously believe a different manager would allow the clubs more access and if so what are you basing it on? Can you name another top county team were club players are currently playing more club games during the county season than Tyrone? There was disputes last year with the u21 management team as well - I suspect if they took the seniors they would not be giving the clubs any more access either. Ask around Armagh and see how many games McGeeney lets them play when Armagh are involved - 2 years ago they didn't play for a month before the championship.

If you want to compete with other counties you have to do these things. I'm not saying that's right but that's the way it is under the current rules. If it was me I'd have a rule were county players had to be available more during the season. For example make the 13 day rule a 7 day one and 75% of the starting county team had to have played the week before for their clubs (that would allow for injuries) or else the county forfeited the game. That kind of rule would create a totally different scenario for all counties and create a level playing field.

Mikhailov

Quote from: Redhand Santa on March 02, 2016, 03:58:45 PM
Do you really think Mickey Harte is to blame here? Do you seriously believe a different manager would allow the clubs more access and if so what are you basing it on? Can you name another top county team were club players are currently playing more club games during the county season than Tyrone? There was disputes last year with the u21 management team as well - I suspect if they took the seniors they would not be giving the clubs any more access either. Ask around Armagh and see how many games McGeeney lets them play when Armagh are involved - 2 years ago they didn't play for a month before the championship.

If you want to compete with other counties you have to do these things. I'm not saying that's right but that's the way it is under the current rules. If it was me I'd have a rule were county players had to be available more during the season. For example make the 13 day rule a 7 day one and 75% of the starting county team had to have played the week before for their clubs (that would allow for injuries) or else the county forfeited the game. That kind of rule would create a totally different scenario for all counties and create a level playing field.

I used MH because he is the man in the job, my theory applies to whoever is in the main post in any county. The idea must come from the top in croke park and they will have to manage any guidelines they put in place but as you say every county is affected, not only our own. But the reality is that 95% of our playing membership are shafted when it comes to games, rules, schedules etc. it will all end up like rugby as I have said previously on this forum - the elite player will only play Championship for his club if at all.

WT4E

One of the biggest problems in the  fixture area if not thee biggest problem is the fact that the provincial councils hold to much power and are adverse to change as they are paranoid that Central are trying to get shot of them altogether!

The Trap

In 2018 we are going to have u17, u 20, senior and possibly an u 18 championship played in the summer. How will that affect your club?

redzone

That's a question that can only be answered at the end of the 2018 summer trappy.

Tommo2

I think its madness that the reserve championship and league will be held back until the first round of the senior championship is played. I understand that it normally cant be played until the 1st round of senior championship has been played, but it will be very difficult to keep the average reserve player interested until October. Why not implement a rule where each club names 12 players who cannot play reserve championship. The key point is that each of these 12 players must have started a senior championship game for their club the previous season. This would by-pass the usual naming of 12 players, some of which have retired or have emigrated.

The reserve championship could be played over 4 consecutive weeks in August, when their is supposed to be very little football played.