Previous topic - Next topic

skeog

nothing straightforward just ask the teams who drew trillick last year

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

GaelTheGael

Quote from: ziggysego on March 04, 2016, 12:14:47 AM
Carrickmore huh?
Carrickmore will find it tough enough against Greencastle. Not the team they once were.

Gonzalo15

Feels like Championship is too far away to even get excited about..

Club boi

Unfortunately for some ...... I think Karl Lacey's idea on sorting out the fixture problems could only be a matter of time. County Players are classed as "Elite" and are contracted to County commitments and the Club scene continues on without them. Only way to Guarantee club players are Guaranteed regular games

redzone

Got to be thee most ridiculous idea I've heard yet. Clubs train and coach them till they are 19/20 and then the head of to county and aren't going to play for there clubs again. Have an ounce of wit. Lacey doesn't think much of four masters of he is serious about that proposal.

LeoMc

Quote from: redzone on March 04, 2016, 10:24:03 PM
Got to be thee most ridiculous idea I've heard yet. Clubs train and coach them till they are 19/20 and then the head of to county and aren't going to play for there clubs again. Have an ounce of wit. Lacey doesn't think much of four masters of he is serious about that proposal.
Whilst I am not in favour of the idea it is not just the clubs who develop them, there are the schools and the academies.

ziggysego

Quote from: GaelTheGael on March 04, 2016, 08:58:49 AM
Carrickmore huh?
Carrickmore will find it tough enough against Greencastle. Not the team they once were.

We've beaten them a couple of times in the league in recent years.
Testing Accessibility

Mikhailov

Quote from: ziggysego on March 05, 2016, 02:24:42 AM
Quote from: GaelTheGael on March 04, 2016, 08:58:49 AM
Carrickmore huh?

We've beaten them a couple of times in the league in recent years.

This isn't the league !!

winghalfback

Quote from: LeoMc on March 04, 2016, 10:44:22 PM
Whilst I am not in favour of the idea it is not just the clubs who develop them, there are the schools and the academies.

Are you serious schools and academies. They are of no benefit to these players bar a bit of extra football academies should be from 16+ not for children aged 13. These other organisations I've the school or the development squad hold trials and only pick the best hence I say the club does all development from the ages of 4/5/6 years old. Please do not insult the 1000s of youth coaches in all the clubs who are the doing all the work, schools and development squads hone certain skills of the more talented players that's it.

LeoMc

Quote from: winghalfback on March 06, 2016, 04:16:34 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on March 04, 2016, 10:44:22 PM

Are you serious schools and academies. They are of no benefit to these players bar a bit of extra football academies should be from 16+ not for children aged 13. These other organisations I've the school or the development squad hold trials and only pick the best hence I say the club does all development from the ages of 4/5/6 years old. Please do not insult the 1000s of youth coaches in all the clubs who are the doing all the work, schools and development squads hone certain skills of the more talented players that's it.
Calm down and read the thread before diving in.
Your last line would seem to be in agreement with me as it is county players being discussed.

longballin

Does every GAA row now have to be about Tyrone? Damian Harvey and others tweeting about Kerry-Donegal game saying 'if that was Tyrone blah blah'... we're getting an awful complex altogether...

GlenMan

Quote from: longballin on March 06, 2016, 10:57:36 PM
Does every GAA row now have to be about Tyrone? Damian Harvey and others tweeting about Kerry-Donegal game saying 'if that was Tyrone blah blah'... we're getting an awful complex altogether...

It is true. Tiernan McCann goes down easily and the country goes crazy - plastered over back pages, banned for months, harassed, abused online etc. But Kerry and Donegal game ends after several fist fights with blood drawn from quite a few players and it'll be forgotten after a day.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: GlenMan on March 07, 2016, 12:05:10 AM

It is true. Tiernan McCann goes down easily and the country goes crazy - plastered over back pages, banned for months, harassed, abused online etc. But Kerry and Donegal game ends after several fist fights with blood drawn from quite a few players and it'll be forgotten after a day.

+1

And it has an impact, look at how all the nonsense in recent years put forward about Tyrone has played out. The young lads at the centre of the sledging incidents last year had their names dragged through the mud, untoward pressure was put on the disciplinary body to make up rules to ban McCann with similar incidents involving other counties going unpunished, the u21s had their AI title capture devalued by a load of sour grapes from Tipperary, instead of talking about the great performance of our players, all we were hearing was talk about sledging, cynicism etc.

We seem to be only one that has our history recorded in a log book and brought under the spotlight when it comes to unsavoury incidents, although I certainly believe any of the other northern sides would have to deal with the same treatment if they got up to our level.

Kerry, Mayo, Dublin etc have all been involved in a number of unsavoury, cynical and unsporting incidents in the past 4/5 years but these are all paid scant lip service to and don't follow them around as a result.

ThroughTheLaces

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on March 07, 2016, 12:29:26 AM
Quote from: GlenMan on March 07, 2016, 12:05:10 AM

+1

And it has an impact, look at how all the nonsense in recent years put forward about Tyrone has played out. The young lads at the centre of the sledging incidents last year had their names dragged through the mud, untoward pressure was put on the disciplinary body to make up rules to ban McCann with similar incidents involving other counties going unpunished, the u21s had their AI title capture devalued by a load of sour grapes from Tipperary, instead of talking about the great performance of our players, all we were hearing was talk about sledging, cynicism etc.

We seem to be only one that has our history recorded in a log book and brought under the spotlight when it comes to unsavoury incidents, although I certainly believe any of the other northern sides would have to deal with the same treatment if they got up to our level.

Kerry, Mayo, Dublin etc have all been involved in a number of unsavoury, cynical and unsporting incidents in the past 4/5 years but these are all paid scant lip service to and don't follow them around as a result.

I do believe over the last 10-15 years Armagh have been up at 'your level' and don't recall them having to deal with such issues.  Maybe its because they didn't bring it upon themselves. 

I do agree that the whole Tiernan McCann thing was blown completely out of proportion and proposing an 8 week ban was ludicrous. But maybe a few bad apples have given the team and county a bad name, the actions of McMeniman over the years wouldn't have helped, nor the diving. But McCann was lucky not to get a suspension for his elbow in the McKenna Cup, and I don't believe there was much of a witch hunt after that?

But I don't doubt there is a very different approach when it comes to teams like Kerry, Dublin etc than Tyrone. I suppose we'll not know how the media react til any of the other northern teams get up you 'your level'  ::)
The apple never falls far from the tree.