Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Gaa

RRHF Why are you bringing up a discussion from last November?? No relevance 👆👆👆
Living the dream!!!

ONeill

Can the Moy be dragged into a play off?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rrhf

I'd say there about 6 or 7 teams still sweating o Neill.  In fairness the bottom of 1 will go down to the wire. There's teams you would expect to be ok, but they have still work to do. All of them have a tough run in too.

The Trap

Dromore have responded well to their championship defeat, fair play to them. Looks like league is between them and Coalisland. As usual the race at the bottom is much more interesting and a lot of teams are still involved in terms of escaping the play-offs. Donaghmore are the form team in the league, could they push on next year and make a bid for honours?

Division 2 much more clear cut. If Trillick win the championship, they will go straight back up with Greencastle and at the bottom looks like Newtown and Killeeshil will go straight back down. Fair play to Lough who really consolidated this year.

Division 3 very straightforward with Rock and Derrytresk back up. Much stronger teams than Killeeshil and Newtown and it will make Division 2 a minefield next year!

Under Lights

Quote from: The Trap on September 15, 2014, 10:23:48 AM
Dromore have responded well to their championship defeat, fair play to them. Looks like league is between them and Coalisland. As usual the race at the bottom is much more interesting and a lot of teams are still involved in terms of escaping the play-offs. Donaghmore are the form team in the league, could they push on next year and make a bid for honours?

Division 2 much more clear cut. If Trillick win the championship, they will go straight back up with Greencastle and at the bottom looks like Newtown and Killeeshil will go straight back down. Fair play to Lough who really consolidated this year.

Division 3 very straightforward with Rock and Derrytresk back up. Much stronger teams than Killeeshil and Newtown and it will make Division 2 a minefield next year!

D3 could be very open next year. Likes of Owen Roes, Castlederg, aghaloo etc will see it as a fantastic opportunity. Clogher who finished 2nd in the league last year have slipped down the table but could be back challenging.

tyroneboi

There's a relegation/promotion play off in division 2 and 3.

Under Lights

In D3 Rock and Derrytresk already up- both in championship final and one or other going to win the league- meaning other will be promoted in second place.

redhandloo

Quote from: Under Lights on September 15, 2014, 11:58:21 AM
Quote from: The Trap on September 15, 2014, 10:23:48 AM

D3 could be very open next year. Likes of Owen Roes, Castlederg, aghaloo etc will see it as a fantastic opportunity. Clogher who finished 2nd in the league last year have slipped down the table but could be back challenging.
Totally agree. Div 3 will be wide open next year.  We suffered badly this year through emmigration, tragedies and injuries but I would expect us to make a big push next season.
We haven't ruled out this year yet though!!  ;)
Tough times don't last, tough people do!

billabong

Drumragh, Drumquin and Killyman would be the only teams which I would definitely rule out for Div 3 next year

tyroneboi

Quote from: Under Lights on September 15, 2014, 12:59:44 PM
In D3 Rock and Derrytresk already up- both in championship final and one or other going to win the league- meaning other will be promoted in second place.

Aye but then 3rd to 6th play off and the winners out of that will play the winners of kileeshil and brackaville as it stands at the moment.

Under Lights

Quote from: tyroneboi on September 15, 2014, 01:42:10 PM
Quote from: Under Lights on September 15, 2014, 12:59:44 PM

Aye but then 3rd to 6th play off and the winners out of that will play the winners of kileeshil and brackaville as it stands at the moment.

We are aware of how the playoffs work. What's your point?

tyroneboi

The point being that in previous posts yoursepf and the trap have already relegated kileeshil and newtownstewart and Owenroes, aghaloo etc are in division 3 for next year whilst still having a realistic shot at promotion through the play offs this season.

I thought you boys may have forgotten the play offs the way you were talking but obviously you hadn't!

The Bearded One

Quote from: tyroneboi on September 15, 2014, 01:51:20 PM
The point being that in previous posts yoursepf and the trap have already relegated kileeshil and newtownstewart and Owenroes, aghaloo etc are in division 3 for next year whilst having a realistic shot at promotion through he play offs.

ZING....
It is what it is. Presumably.

Under Lights

The point being that in previous posts yoursepf and the trap have already relegated kileeshil and newtownstewart and Owenroes, aghaloo etc are in division 3 for next year whilst still having a realistic shot at promotion through the play offs this season.

I thought you boys may have forgotten the play offs the way you were talking but obviously you hadn't!

Trap and myself are educated people, we went to primary, secondary and third tier education, we are well aware of how the playoff system works having been a victim of the dreaded relegation playoff and also to have fallen short in the promotion playoff my wounds are still searing from such destiny.

Any D3 players any chance of breaking into the county set up in the coming years? Cathal McShane looks to have the talent and physic to cope.

The Bearded One

Quote from: Under Lights on September 15, 2014, 03:00:41 PM

Trap and myself are educated people, we went to primary, secondary and third tier education, we are well aware of how the playoff system works having been a victim of the dreaded relegation playoff and also to have fallen short in the promotion playoff my wounds are still searing from such destiny.

Any D3 players any chance of breaking into the county set up in the coming years? Cathal McShane looks to have the talent and physic to cope.

Are you sure? It's Physique.
It is what it is. Presumably.