Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneboi

Anybody know if there are fixtures planned for Saturday 27th the day of the hurling replay?

billabong

There are fixtures definitely planned, however I don't know if the powers that be plan on changing this, due to the time of the year and the time of the hurling replay it's hard to see how an alternative time on the Saturday would suit.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: billabong on September 11, 2014, 10:52:48 AM
There are fixtures definitely planned, however I don't know if the powers that be plan on changing this, due to the time of the year and the time of the hurling replay it's hard to see how an alternative time on the Saturday would suit.
I was under the impression there were no league fixtures the weekend of the AI final or th weekend of the county final?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

WT4E

Surely it wouldn't be difficult to schedule out the remaining adult fixtures to the end of the year?

What's holding it up? Players are sitting in the middle of September with no idea if for example they can plan a weekend away etc.

billabong

Saturday 13th September
Hunky Dorys ACL in all Divisions

Sunday 14th September
County Hurling Finals

Saturday 20th September
League Re-fixtures

Saturday 27th September
Hunky Dorys ACL in Divisions 2 & 3

Sunday 28th September
Senior Championship Final

Saturday 4th October
Hunky Dorys ACL Division 1

Sunday 5th October
Intermediate and Junior Championship Finals

The Golden Years

Quote from: Man Marker on September 10, 2014, 11:08:08 PM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 10, 2014, 06:04:02 PM
Quote from: WT4E on September 10, 2014, 04:50:04 PM
Quote from: God14 on September 10, 2014, 04:39:04 PM
Quote from: In hiding on September 10, 2014, 02:39:27 PM
I see paddy power has omagh 1/2 and carrickmore 6/4

Carmen some value at that price

Shocked at those odds, id have expected at Omagh 4/5 & Carrickmore around 5/4
Conor Clarke a sore loss for Omagh.

Odds are exactly as I would of expected - Carmen have had a great year getting to the final but I think they have overachieved and will do well to win it!

I would say underachieved. They played most of the league with half a team to date. County finalist last year, beat in the semis under controversial circumstances by the eventual winners the previous year, league champions last year and add to that when their squad is fully fit they have gained Finney Magill, Brendan McLaughlin and Jonny Monroe from last year. People forget Carrickmore done a serious amount of experimenting in the league and the management done some very strange things. People seem to forget that Carrickmore had a chance to go 3 up with 10 to go in last years final and Clonoe went down the field to score a major at the other end. These things have fine margins. Add to that that the league was degraded last year in their eyes by playing the final on a Tuesday night and by making Clonoe play so quick after their Ulster Club defeat, then you can see why they were so consistently crap in the league.
The odds are ridiculous in my opinion and will be music to Carmen players ears i reckon.

Roddy IMO the reason u got to last years final and this year, is because you avoided the top four who have all been in the same side of the draw last and this year. You mentioned getting beaten in the semi the year before last by Errigal, maybe that was because you played one of the top four, the year before that it was Clonoe in the quarter final. Youse have consistently failed to beat the top teams in the major games. It is difficult to argue differently as the results support my argument. There is no doubt that this IMO presents u with your best opportunity in a while as it is not Clonoe, Dromore or Errigal. But Omagh are a top four team have beaten Dromore and Clonoe in recent years and for them this final presents a great opportunity to finally go to the holy grail. A massive game in many ways for both teams

You have stated Errigal is a top four team and that the results support your argument.  In the year that you mention Clonoe beat us in the quarters we beat errigal in the first round (a top four team by your reckoning).  By this going your argument is flawed and  does stand up.  I would fancy our chances any year we play the top 3 u mentioned (Clonoe, Errigal or Dromore).  The year Clonoe beat us in the quarters it went to extra time in a reply, we beat Dromore in the League semi final last year and as wee Roddy stated, Errigal beat us 2 years controversial circumstances.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: billabong on September 11, 2014, 12:04:53 PM
Saturday 13th September

Sunday 14th September
County Hurling Finals

Saturday 20th September
League Re-fixtures

Saturday 27th September

Sunday 28th September

Saturday 4th October

Sunday 5th October

yeah thats what i was going by.
I hope they arent thinking of throwing in fixtures on either of those two 'free' weekends now  :-\
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

tyroneboi

I know that was the plan a few weeks ago but suppose the hurling replay has thrown a spanner in the works. Hurling final is at 5 so I dunno if they would schedule a match earlier that day for division 2 and 3?

WT4E

Quote from: billabong on September 11, 2014, 12:04:53 PM
Saturday 13th September

Sunday 14th September
County Hurling Finals

Saturday 20th September
League Re-fixtures

Saturday 27th September

Sunday 28th September

Saturday 4th October

Sunday 5th October

When does the last round of league fixtures be played?
When are the promotion/relegation playoffs to be played?
What rounds of the league are to be played on these dates? (That would help management teams to plan there strategy of promotion or relagation avoidance??)

Its very shoddy - There are no real restrictions on planning and listing the fixtures from now to the end of the football year (whenever that will be)

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: tyroneboi on September 11, 2014, 12:27:16 PM
I know that was the plan a few weeks ago but suppose the hurling replay has thrown a spanner in the works. Hurling final is at 5 so I dunno if they would schedule a match earlier that day for division 2 and 3?
tbh the hurling final shouldnt really effect footbal club fixtures in tyrone

tyroneboi

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 11, 2014, 01:47:21 PM

I though that was the reason the league games were on Saturday last week? Maybe not then!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: tyroneboi on September 11, 2014, 02:14:34 PM

I though that was the reason the league games were on Saturday last week? Maybe not then!

It could well have been, i just dont think that there is room on the club calendar to allow for the All ireland hurling finals as well as everything else.

billabong

Can games still be played on Friday nights this weather or is it getting too dark?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: billabong on September 11, 2014, 03:15:34 PM
Can games still be played on Friday nights this weather or is it getting too dark?
I would say friday night games are out from this point one. even the saturday evening games have been brought forward a bit.

tyroneboi

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 11, 2014, 02:41:46 PM
Quote from: tyroneboi on September 11, 2014, 02:14:34 PM

It could well have been, i just dont think that there is room on the club calendar to allow for the All ireland hurling finals as well as everything else.

To be fair I would agree with you. It's looking like a late October/early November finish for teams involved in play offs as it stands at the moment.